• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spoony Experiment

Oh man, that sucks. I hope he finds some new corner of the net to lurk in. Last I checked, which was a while ago now to be honest, he still hadn't put all of his movie reviews back up.

Has Noah ever done one of those Rifftrax presents...? That seems right up his alley, I've always thought he was at his best writing about bad movies. Burton was a result of him trying to do a MST3K *ahem* homage anyway. I'd dearly love a Spoony rifftrax.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/07/04/a-word-from-the-mistress/

A Word from the Mistress

by Scarlett on July 4, 2009 · 148 comments

Hey everyone! This is Scarlett – also known as Spoony’s woman, TSE’s web mistress, and the whip-crackin’ fan seducer wrangler from the forums. I’ve just finished many feverish hours of damage control, and I think it’s safe to say that TSE is back up and running again … For now. [Cue thunder clap of doom.]

The written Movie Reviews, the Photo Gallery, and Dean Talks Anime will be unavailable for a while, as all of those sections require major updating (and in some cases, complete redesigning) now that TSE is running on all new coding. (Note to Dreamhost: I am going to PUNCH you in the SOUL!)

We’re going to be moving the site to a dedicated server sometime in the near future, probably starting with the forums, but we’ll let everyone know in advance of the changeover. In the event that Dreamhost hasn’t finished sodomizing TSE with Big Daddy’s drill, you may want to follow TheSpoonyOne on Twitter, just in case something happens to our hosting account before we make the switch.

Thanks to everyone for your patience, and apologies to those who were alarmed by Spoony’s last post. Looks like I really do have some skills outside of the bedroom after all! Awwwwww yeah. ;-)

Gestahl

I was expecting a Final Fantasy VIII mega finale but jesus christ that ending

That says something about me I suppose, being more embarrassed watching that than the Seifer railing Rinoa slideshow he threw in the middle.

It really does feel like the end of an era. He had just started doing the FFVIII vids when I found him. If you want to see some of his more unique work, check out his T.R.A.X. videos. The fact that he can keep you watching given the material he's reviewing is remarkable.

Wrath2X said:
Ahh the end of an era, I would like to see him review other Final Fantasies.

It wouldn't surprise me if he tried tackling FFX, considering he dislikes that one even more than VIII apparently. I'd prefer to see more SWAT (love those videos and they have my kids thinking of his stuff every time a channel runs a Cops commercial) and have him finish up the rest of the stuff he listed before tackling another big project, myself.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Clones of Bruce Lee: Part 1

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/07/28/clones-of-bruce-lee-part-1/

New house, new camera, same old Spoony! Well, a clone’s basically as good as the real thing, isn’t it?

In this special two-part episode, we take a look at the phenomenon of Brucesploitation and one of its most tasteless examples: The Clones of Bruce Lee, a movie that not only dares to rip off Bruce Lee’s good name, but does it several times!

The first part covers the Clone Bruce’s first mission: to infiltrate the crime syndicate of notorious gold smuggler Chi Lo by going undercover as a martial arts motion picture star. Think they can pull it off?

Check back soon for Part 2!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Let’s Riff on Ripper – Act 1, Part 1

http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/08/19/lets-riff-on-ripper-act-1-part-1/

The investigation begins! Ace reporter Jake Quinlan starts out by checking out the police station for case reports on the Ripper case, but will Detective Magnotta hamper his efforts? Will Catherine recover from the Ripper’s attack? Will Marion be able to elude the Nazis and give the headpiece to the Staff of Ra to Indy?

Find out! It’s un-fuckin’-believable!

(I’m working on fixing the interlacing issues. Not sure where those came from.)

vocab

Ripper is hilarious. I never knew it was a psuedo-cyberpunk game.

Love the part where the bar tender pours Quinlan a drink. He spills half of it all over the place :lol

vocab

watervengeance said:
I don't know why, but I don't find Ripper funny at all, yet Phantasmagoria was pretty awesome.

Phantasmagoria was so bad but good kind of game. It had some of the most over the top/random cut scenes I have ever seen, some the funniest dialogue, and some of most awkward acting in a video game. Ripper is pretty serious, and it really isn't that bad of a game. Walken is really the only thing funny about the game, because he's the last person you would expect in a point and click adventure game.

Walken: As far as I know, he left us with one witness, and she's feeling a little fragmented.. at the moment.

The way he delivers that line is hilarious.

Although it's not game related, the robowar review is definitely the funniest and best thing he's done. There are a few game related jokes in there...the one about swat 4 and monkey island had me laughing.
The man is stepping up his game and has gone from a opening act to the main act very quickly in my book.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Megavlog 9-15-09 – Part 3, Shin Megami Tensei Series

just talkin about some of SMT games , I just don't know why he keep playing JRPG when he hate most of them.

I hate JRPG too.

@ Let’s Riff on Ripper
Spoony need to return to review it like his Phantasmagoria and old FMV games , his new "heavy edited " style is shit boring and unfunny because he just put commentary over the video , when in the past he plays and talk the same time so it was natural and super funny.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Totobeni said:
Megavlog 9-15-09 – Part 3, Shin Megami Tensei Series

just talkin about some of SMT games , I just don't know why he keep playing JRPG when he hate most of them.

I hate JRPG too.

@ Let’s Riff on Ripper
Spoony need to return to review it like his Phantasmagoria and old FMV games , his new "heavy edited " style is shit boring and unfunny because he just put commentary over the video , when in the past he plays and talk the same time so it was natural and super funny.

I don't think it is the editing style since the SWAT 4 videos are done that way and are still funny. Rather I think Ripper isn't a bad enough entry to do the full MST3K job and make it work.

ColdSoup

Neo Member
:lol at the Halo odst review. But does it really only take 3 hours to finish the single player? If so thats pretty bad.

Top Bottom