• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

One Piece Ch854: Slowly all the pieces are coming into play here, feel all hell will soon be let loose in the next chapter or two.
It was cool to see that Brook managed to inflict wounds on her 'special' homies, apparently an act that has never happened before. Still hoping for Reiju to make it out of this alive and for Sanji to 4v1 curbstomp the rest of his family.

Black Clover Ch96: Dorkstar is evolving!
I'm guessing human daemon hybrid or something right.. and it seem chief witch lady seems to know something about it all.
And I think I've figured out why I enjoy it.. as while it is the most standard of standard shounen it know's it is and plays off it in humorous ways. where as other more recent additions to Jump have tried to be different but have stayed too boxed in by the formula, they need to go big or not at all.

MHA Ch125: That went
murderiffic
quickly didn't it? Intrigued to see where the bad guys go from me.. less interested in the whole tintin thing though.

Demon's Plan Ch10: Dull.. Using the wind to move about was cool for a it though.

Souma Ch201: Good chapter love seeing the other characters get some development. And while I've always expected Takumi to be Souma's Doujima it was still nice seeing it in action.

My Hero Academia 125

j57E3mr.png

My Hero Academia

The thing is with dangerous psychopaths in groups is that they're, well, psychopaths. Any semblance of organization can crumble with the tiniest thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Takumi chapter gonna make DTL squeal.

In any case, the only parts I cared for were the panels that had Erina in them, because she's a lot more entertaining (especially as a good guy) than Takumi is and Soma being swagger'd up isn't new.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch493 + v4 Extras

Carol sure loves to bully Misuzu.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch24

How considerate of the demons to prepare a washing set for the Princess!

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch156

Aizawa sure has changed in 10 years. Let's hope the conclusion of her arc will be as painless as possible.

One Piece ch854

Now that everyone seems to be up to date, the escape should be able to proceed smoothly.

My Hero Academia ch125

It would seem things aren't going all that smoothly on the villain side either.

Yuri Mekuru Oshigoto ch6

They sure like games about hitting stuff.

Shokugeki no Soma ch201

Anchovies in a hachis parmentier? Blasphemy.

My Hero Academia 125

Damn, dude is just gone like that.

Tomo-chan Vol4 Extras

I am pretty sure Misuzu is just a toy to Carol at this point.

OP

Oh so she was actually following Big Mom's plan

oh well

My Hero Academia 125

Great chapter... really liking these Yakuza bird people

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
My Hero Academia ch. 125

Well, that was an awesome introduction for Overhaul and his plague doctor mask crew. Shigaraki on notice.

One Piece ch. 854

Cover page with Zoro and Chopper on a chopper is pretty amusing. Is Brook basically keychain status right now

My Hero Academia

Holy shit, Yakuza Plague Doctor Man does not fuck around. Shigaraki's guys were in some real danger there, and I like that.

upandaway

Dungeon Meshi 5

Wow ok, seeing Chilchak shuffle around was really cool. The attention to detail is so crazy. Even without considering the cooking, the RPG elements in the manga are top tier.

cLOUDo

Grand blue 25

Thanks GAF for making me discover this manga
This chapter was amazing, and that extra chapter...
shitjustgotreal.gif

Boku no hero Academy

Best chapter so far imo

balgajo

I thought the manga was safe. It always performed oh the middle of the rank. Maybe it's a natural ending.

I thought the manga was safe. It always performed oh the middle of the rank. Maybe it's a natural ending.

It's a weird situation, the only other possibility is maybe Jump going full on nuclear and killing franchises that they don't see having hope to grow now rather then waiting until they have enough to fill their holes.

It's a weird situation, the only other possibility is maybe Jump going full on nuclear and killing franchises that they don't see having hope to grow now rather then waiting until they have enough to fill their holes.

We'll need to see what else they cancel if Samon is part of this blood bath then I'll agree with this.

HInomaru Zumou fate???

If they are indeed going nuclear then either it or Samon are dead, no clue which way the axe would fall if this is indeed the case. Zumou has had more time to attempt to show potential and is the weaker seller of the two, but Jump right now has 4.5 (Gintama is the .5) gag series in it lineup right now while only 2 (well 3 but Ole is dead but will be 3 with the Golf manga) sport series....but who knows, maybe Dance just died because Spring Weapon's sudden ranking growth will actually be consistent so Dance took it's place on the chopping block.

Jitsu wa watashi wa 156

Well that was a fairly serious Aizawa chapter. Ended on a bit of a cliffhanger as well. I wonder how long future Aizawa is going to stick around, and what she even came back for.

Droplet

Both are fine, though I prefer anthology.

I could probably think of a few others when I'm less busy, but how about Gunjou Gakusha? It's a a multi-volume collection of short stories at most two chapters long by the author of Ran and the Gray World.

bobohoro

Keijo 99

I want someone with a Keijo fighting style in the next Yakuza game.
Heck, Keijo itself would kinda fit right in with that series.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'll have to admit I get a chuckle out of DTL's insistence that the Shokugeki equivalent of the romantic pairing of Goku and Yamcha is somehow canon.

mdubs

Banned
I wonder if we are going to see one series axed a week in Jump.

At least now that they got Sesuji (which makes me sad) out of the way, I don't have to worry anymore.

Zweizer

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch494

Maybe you should just not go, to save everyone time.

Keijo ch99-109

Ass vampire and strength-boosting swimsuits. Keijo would fit right in as a video game.

Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro ch18

In the end, she's perfect as she are~

Mob Psycho 100 ch98.4

Quelle surprise.

Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari 25

He's getting better at fighting at least.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I Am a Hero ch. 254 - 261

So that's how this arc on the rooftop wraps up? That bit where they just randomly throw the axe out the heli and it hits the girl on her head and she falls to her death - was this supposed to be funny or tragic or what. Oh, but they did save Auntie, who was already partially swallowed, and after she's pulled out she's magically young again. And a babe, of course. 4Head at all of this.

I find the short timeskip with Hideo all by himself in the middle of Tokyo kind of cool, but there's only a few chapters left anyway, so w/e.

Golden Kamuy ch. 84

Those are some rather small censor bars.

Gin-Shiio

I Am a Hero ch. 254 - 261

So that's how this arc on the rooftop wraps up? That bit where they just randomly throw the axe out the heli and it hits the girl on her head and she falls to her death - was this supposed to be funny or tragic or what. Oh, but they did save Auntie, who was already partially swallowed, and after she's pulled out she's magically young again. And a babe, of course. 4Head at all of this.

I find the short timeskip with Hideo all by himself in the middle of Tokyo kind of cool, but there's only a few chapters left anyway, so w/e.

The discussion between the three Kurusu already confirmed that the virus gives its hosts whatever it is they miss. In auntie's case, it's her youth. It seemed rather natural to me given the circumstances. If you think this through to its conclusion, the aim of the virus might be to reinvigorate Earth.

I am a Hero is hands down my favorite manga that I have ever read. Seeing it end in three chapters now is surreal to me. Here's to you, I am a Hero!

Top Bottom