• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Project Scorpio Announced - 6TFlops, 320GB/s - Fall 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

FOWjPGc.jpg

giphy.gif

BOOM.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I don't know what to make of that... Next year we have a new piece of hardware. How will that affect Xbox One sales today?

SRTtoZ

So if there's this really really demanding game that comes out on Scorpio, how will the XB1 play it? He says its all compatible but I can't see a game that requires a beast of a console/PC and being able to tone it down for the shitty XB1 specs.

I hope you're all ready for literally nobody to really take advantage of it beyond up scaling and VR, since everything has to work on the normal one as well

pushBAK

Saying 'beyond generations' IS the correct way to sell this. Saying that we are no longer doing generation cycles, and you will be upgraded along the way, is pretty much the only way they could have sold it and had it make sense to gamers and general consumers alike.

Kain

All the power in the world doesn't matter if Sony releases Neo first and cheaper, as it looks like. I mean, what is MS strategy? Arriving late at everything?

FHIZ

Surprised how heavy they went into dev/tech stuff. I don't know if its a mistake for Sony to go "Not gonna be there" or if they got the sense of what Microsoft was going to do and planned to use that in order to pivot. I'm sure someone is looking at Mark Cerny right now and go "What are our numbers?!"

cakely

Why would you announce a console 18 months in advance? Does Microsoft feel like their current offering was selling just a little too quickly for their tastes?

Quotient

This is an odd move. Why announce almost 18 months away from launch when you are still trying to sell your current console and is only 3 years old.

I wonder if Microsoft were/are trying to steal some of Sony's thunder.

Again really odd decision to announce today.

Wonder what VR devices they will be supporting. The Rift seems like a no brainer except it doesn't have a console type price point. If you are in the market for a Rift then you'd also be in the market for a PC.

KiraXD

Its pointless though since Xbox has no exclusives... its literally the worse option for gaming.

Multiplatform Titles are better on PS4(we'll see what Neo brings) and PC
"Exclusive" Titles are better on PC

Im trying to understand why anyone needs an XB1 anymore. (more specifically, the gamers who buy all consoles/pc for the exclusives.... not just the people who buy one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom