• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All firmware updatable 8Bitdo controllers are now Switch compatible!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Lol i own 4 of those 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Their site is getting hammered.

EDIT - The Retro Receivers have been updated as well:

- Adds Nintendo Switch Joycon compatibility
- Adds Nintendo Switch Pro controller compatibility

So presumably you can play NES, SNES, and NES Classic with your Switch Pro controller.

Nanashrew

Banned
8bitdo always impresses me with their constant updates and compatibility with PC and various consoles. Even recently going through the trouble of making adapters for older consoles like the NES and SNES so their controllers work with them.

D.Lo

They seem to have fixed the d-pad diagonal issue in later revisions too, for those who had the issue. The last NES30 I grabbed for the NES mini has fixed diagonals.

EDIT - The Retro Receivers have been updated as well:
So presumably you can play NES, SNES, and NES Classic with your Switch Pro controller.
They added that a few weeks ago, and yes it works fine.

Can't access the website as it's probably getting hammered by visitors, you plug the receiver in the dock and it works? Or it's native?

uhh if I could utilize 2 of these bitdo controllers on wireless play between two consoles (instead of the single joy cons) I will buy 2 of them instantly

Nategc20

Banned
This will be one of the greatest devices ever in emulation. PERIOD.

Imagine taking your entire atari-gamecube/wii? backlog on the go, then just bringing it back home to the big screen with controllers for every console core? Oh man.

shaowebb

SOLD. I was building an arcade cabinet but instead of doing one giant cabinet I'm thinking of doing 2 bartop arcades instead...one for my 360, and Pandoras Box 4s so I can shmup and play fighters and the other cabinet as a retro station.

The 8bitdo nes30 controllers are kind of a linchpin for what I'm doin on the retrocade. Instead of just a bartop arcade I want to build something that looks like a bartop kiosk with the nes30 controllers on the front. This guy built something like what I want but I'm gonna stick those new 8bitdo controllers out the front of this thing kiosk style.

Czd9slE.jpg

Wait, does that mean if you own one of these, and two Joycons, you essentially have three controllers now? The Switch is capable of detecting both Joycons and an 8bitdo nes30 at the same time?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Now if they could just release a NES controller with two buttons instead of four.

Definitely wanting to get a retro receiver for my AVS, but I'll likely use it with Wii Remotes. Don't see a need to get their actual controllers.

The Pro Controller d-pad sucks for Puyo Tetris. Hard drop by accident all the time.

Is the d-pad better on these? Any input lag? Impressions??

I've got 2 NES30 Pro's. That would be perfect for on the go four player! Just detach the joy cons, pack those two small controllers and we're off!

C.Mongler

Damn, this is actually fantastic news; I own the SNES pad and the NES30 Pro for PC emulation and will definitely be giving these a try when I get home from work. These are solid controllers so it'll be great not to have to always bust out the teenie-weenie single joycons for multiplayer now. And, you know, to have a good D-Pad on hand too.

Top Bottom