• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Critical Role: Voice Actors Playing D&D

Arrrammis

current episode:
So are there any resurrection spells that could restore Vax's body from dust or is he just completely gone at this point?

Arrrammis

Sam with the save, what an episode.

Given that they decided to
Leroy Jenkins their way into what seems to be the final boss of the campaign
, I think it ended pretty well for them!

Sam with the save, what an episode.

Given that they decided to
Leroy Jenkins their way into what seems to be the final boss of the campaign
, I think it ended pretty well for them!

After running games for over 24 years I can say confidently no matter how you structure it the players will always do something crazy at least once in a campaign. These players got lucky.

Just got back from Hamilton, so was this the finale or is that next week? Also the replay isn't up. I expected this one to be super long and for them to keep going by now.

.JayZii

Banned
That was crazy. I felt sick for that entire fight.

"We're going to have some discussions" at the end certainly sounded ominous.
Just got back from Hamilton, so was this the finale or is that next week?
No. I'm not sure why that thought is going around, but the finale doesn't even seem close at the moment.

Brashnir

i want to start this but see only 10 eps in the feed

wheres the very start to all this?

The very start doesn't exist in any recorded form. They played this campaign as a home game for a year or two before starting the show.

I think they have only converted/uploaded 10 episodes as podcasts thus far. The whole run is in video form on geekandsundry.com, and most of it is on Youtube (youtube gets episodes a few weeks after they go up on G&S)

So I guess the mass paralyze that opened the match shouldn't have worked on Scanlan cause he wasn't a humanoid at the time. Whoops. That aim-able anti magic cone would have come in really handy.

So I guess the mass paralyze that opened the match shouldn't have worked on Scanlan cause he wasn't a humanoid at the time. Whoops. That aim-able anti magic cone would have come in really handy.

It happens. Wasn't the first time Matt has made a mistake and won't be the last I'm sure. They just have to figure a way out of this now.

.JayZii

Banned
I wonder if Garmili/Artagon will come into play at all considering where they ended up.
It made for a super tense battle though. Even if half the party just had to lay there and get their teeth kicked in.

Okay. Starting from where I left off last night. It's going to be interesting to see how many episodes are left, as Vox Machina just got their asses handed to them in a way that they honestly never had before. You could see what a wake up call it was to Laura, Travis, Ashley, Marisha, and Liam (even though Liam clearly wants the campaign to be over).

.JayZii

Banned
It all really depends on what's up with the Raven Queen next episode. It would be interesting if
Vax had to complete some sort of solo challenge in order to prove himself worthy of being resurrected as her champion. I can understand Matt not wanting True Resurrection to just take all of the stakes out of his game world. Which is why I assume Matt said "we're going to have a discussion" at the end of the episode when Marisha was saying it was fine because she could bring him back next episode.

Maximo

If true fuuuuuuck they might of had a chance, and if KiKi didn't blow her 9th level.
Funny enough Matt saying *You recovered most of his items* I think hes fucking trying to get rid of the Boosts finally.

If true fuuuuuuck they might of had a chance, and if KiKi didn't blow her 9th level.
Funny enough Matt saying *You recovered most of his items* I think hes fucking trying to get rid of the Boosts finally.
Well, Matt also said there were plenty of unused legendary actions, so it probably didn't have an effect on the overall outcome. Still, Vax at least would have been allowed to play a around if Scanlan had a chance to look at him.

I think the "most of his items" is because anything non-magical also gets disintegrated. Would be funny if the boots went away though.

.JayZii

Banned
I thought "you recover most of his items" was code for "fuck your boots of haste" too, but I think Matt might now just be resigned to the fact that he gave Vax all of the mobility items and let him keep them. It seems like they'll need all the tricks they have to even put up a fight, anyway.
Might be referring to the VOD. Not sure
VODs are up concurrently with the live show if you're a subscriber. It's pretty nice because I'm usually 30 minutes to an hour late, but I can still watch it on Thursday night and skip the break.

I really wonder, realistically, how much longer they can not face Vecna. I mean, this is literally the apocalypse. There's no way another time jump to a post-apocalypse can occur.

..... wait.

What if Matt's thought that far ahead? What if he has two separate paths that s2 could go down? A post-apocalyptic world where Vecna rules, or just simply the same world but a different story?

One s2 wherein Vox failed, and one in which they killed Vecna?

Grexeno

I really wonder, realistically, how much longer they can not face Vecna. I mean, this is literally the apocalypse. There's no way another time jump to a post-apocalypse can occur.

..... wait.

What if Matt's thought that far ahead? What if he has two separate paths that s2 could go down? A post-apocalyptic world where Vecna rules, or just simply the same world but a different story?

One s2 wherein Vox failed, and one in which they killed Vecna?
In one path, Vox Machina kills Vecna. In the other, they fail and Taryon Darrington saves the world.

There was a moment in that fight where I thought he was gonna team wipe them and their next campaign would ultimately be the new party vs undead Vox.

.JayZii

Banned
Considering they went to the Feywild, shit could be really dark and messed up by the time they plane shift back home.

Depending on if they stay there for at least a day, and what Matt rolls on a d20 when they plane shift out, they can have been there for minutes or years.

Depending on if they stay there for at least a day, and what Matt rolls on a d20 when they plane shift out, they can have been there for minutes or years.
Not sure Matt wants to handle it like that. Last time he only rolled to see if people remembered their trip.

.JayZii

Banned
Not sure Matt wants to handle it like that. Last time he only rolled to see if people remembered their trip.
That's true. I was unsure if he rolled for both the time and memory when they left and just rolled the "time passes normally" amount on the dice.

Could be interesting if he does, though.

Just watched the ending.

"A taste of the final arc", so it sounds like we'll maybe have three to four more episodes.

And Vax is totes really dead.

I dunno. While it makes sense to have Vax alive for the final arc, he's been killed a bit now in increasingly brutal ways. Was Liam the one that gave himself the Plot Armor of the Raven Queen, or was that Matt?

Brashnir

"We'll have a discussion."

Given that he said that to the group and not to Liam specifically, I wonder if it had something to do with some OOC discussions between Matt and Liam where Liam told him something along the lines of, "If I die during this, I don't want to be brought back," and the discussion is with Liam over whether or not he thinks this is an appropriate end for his character.

Given that he said that to the group and not to Liam specifically, I wonder if it had something to do with some OOC discussions between Matt and Liam where Liam told him something along the lines of, "If I die during this, I don't want to be brought back," and the discussion is with Liam over whether or not he thinks this is an appropriate end for his character.

Oh shit.

That's actually real good. If this is the case, I can totally see Liam having some sort of scene in which he enters the afterlife.
And hams it up.

.JayZii

Banned
How much of tonight's Talks Machina will be devoted to Matt justifying himself while Marisha screams "YOU MOTHERFUCKER!" way too loud?
"We'll have a discussion."
I think either Vax or the rest of the group might have to complete some sort of task in order to prove he is worthy of returning as the champion of the RQ. I find it unlikely that Vax is just gone without any kind of monologue at least.

I feel like Vax is sticking around if only because it would seem awkward for someone else of the groups power level to just show up and join them at this point. I'm sure they could pull something off, but it sounds like it could easily be an awkward fit. "Were you guys by chance looking for a level 17-18 adventurer to replace your dead friend?"

Top Bottom