• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
Wow looking at those gifs I'm seeing the Fighting/Dark/Psychic dyamic being a real possibility.

Grass/Fighting (Slash type move, could be another type but seems likely to be fighting as Fighting moves have been animated like that in the past.)
Fire/Psychic (Purple move, what else could it be other than something Psychic related aside from maybe Ghost?)
Water/Dark (At first glance you could attribute this to something like Quick Attack but it seems awfully sneaky and dark for Froakie to essentially cut up a Pokemon, I'm guessing this is going to be a new Dark type move.)

In the very least I think Fire/Psychic is pretty blantant as I doubt Gamefreak will give the fire starter a random psychic move that appears to be doing damage.

Verendus

Banned
First and last time I played a classic Pokemon game was Pokemon Gold. That was on the GBA (and I don't even think Gold is a GBA Pokemon game, but a GBC one). I think I will be picking up a 3DS in the future. It's about time I jumped back in. I will make Pokemon X my first purchase.

Since XY are worldwide release, I'm going digital and skipping retail. If its release through eshop though. No more waiting until GS or other retailers sell XY :)

I'm guessing that Pokemon X and Y are going to have a Pokemon Coliseum type game for the Wii U....if so, I may finally have a reason to buy the system.

chespin7biv9.gif

fennekinuufip.gif

froakiekzivq.gif

As an aside, it's impressive how many posts the threads about this have been getting collectively. It's gonna approach abt. 7500 posts total soon.

Froakie has grown on me overnight. I'll still wait to see the evolved forms before making my final decision, but I'm not sure if I can turn my back on water.

Froakie has grown on me overnight. I'll still wait to see the evolved forms before making my final decision, but I'm not sure if I can turn my back on water.

FIRE ALL DAY EVERY DAY!

I even went with lame ass Cyndaquil over the clearly superior Totodile. Other than that, easy choice every time.

Spr_FRLG_Blue_1.png
Spr_HGSS_Silver.png
Spr_RS_Wally.png
Spr_Pt_Barry.png
Spr_B2W2_Hugh.png

They should make a female rival this time.

(And of course do away with all this friendly bullshit and make her a Gary/Silver type of rival)

RagnarokX

Wow looking at those gifs I'm seeing the Fighting/Dark/Psychic dyamic being a real possibility.

Grass/Fighting (Slash type move, could be another type but seems likely to be fighting as Fighting moves have been animated like that in the past.)
Fire/Psychic (Purple move, what else could it be other than something Psychic related aside from maybe Ghost?)
Water/Dark (At first glance you could attribute this to something like Quick Attack but it seems awfully sneaky and dark for Froakie to essentially cut up a Pokemon, I'm guessing this is going to be a new Dark type move.)

In the very least I think Fire/Psychic is pretty blantant as I doubt Gamefreak will give the fire starter a random psychic move that appears to be doing damage.

The move Chespin uses has a purple tint, making it look more like a dark move. Froakie's move looks like it could be fighting or normal.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Who'll win the Gen VI pokésite wars?

veekun, pokemondb, bulba, celebi, the pokémon wiki (lol), smogon, ???

No spoilers. No roms dumped months ahead of time. Who's gonna give it their all and then some as I did back in the day? And who's gonna chump out and just copy from the strategy guides (assuming its released day & date)?

And who's gonna put in the play time to manually discover all of the new pkmns EV values...

hswbaz

Neo Member
Wow, I'm a bit torn, between being extremely disappointed & bored with B/W, these new awful caricature-like pokemon designs and the changeover to 3D (my personal favorite graphical style is sprite-based) I really want to like this, but they aren't making it easy. I'll try to stay optimistic.

Spr_FRLG_Blue_1.png
Spr_HGSS_Silver.png
Spr_RS_Wally.png
Spr_Pt_Barry.png
Spr_B2W2_Hugh.png

They should make a female rival this time.

(And of course do away with all this friendly bullshit and make her a Gary/Silver type of rival)

I liked Wally. He let me know that I could catch a Ralts early in the game. I have the hardest time finding Pokemon I actually want to use in the early game, since indecision leads to grinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom