• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Nintendo titles (Wario Land Shake, Rhythm Tengoku DS etc)

TreIII

If Wario Land is true....AWESOME. ^_^

Be even better if it was finally more in line with the first two games, and also had the return of Captain Syrup.

...And what more could I honestly say about RT DS that hasn't already been said? :lol

AniHawk

EmCeeGramr said:
Wario platformer(gross).

Wario LAND is the best series in the franchise. This fact is supported by the fact that Wario World is mediocre, the Wario Ware series is shit, and Wario Thief is somehow even worse.

Bebpo

Banned
Do we know if RT is a sequel or just a port? The "gold" in the title makes it sound like a DC version. I hope it's a completely new title.

jj984jj said:
WTH? Aside from Inazuma Eleven they're all published by Nintendo. :lol

It's not on the page anymore though.

Key word is PUBLISHED. Sega is publishing alot these days too. Thats not a knock against Nintendo but Im curious about their internal efforts.

FoneBone

Stumpokapow said:
What exactly are you not betting on? Its existence? It's on Nintendo's release schedule. It's there on the page. It exists. It is Wario Land.
We know the title. We know nothing about the gameplay.

Does anyone understand this comment about Fatal Frame?

以上任天堂タイトル
零は任天堂になってますね。

Does it mean Fatal Frame belongs to Nintendo, or its just commenting on how this one is being published by Nintendo (with the previous games being dev. by Temco and published on PS2/XBOX)?

HUELEN10

TreIII said:
If Wario Land is true....AWESOME. ^_^

Be even better if it was finally more in line with the first two games, and also had the return of Captain Syrup.

...And what more could I honestly say about RT DS that hasn't already been said? :lol
If Pauline made a comeback in Mario vs DK 2, then I am sure Captain Syrup could have one as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
EmCeeGramr said:
Key word is PUBLISHED. Sega is publishing alot these days too. Thats not a knock against Nintendo but Im curious about their internal efforts.

And per chance what do you describe as "internal efforts"

HUELEN10

AniHawk said:
Wario LAND is the best series in the franchise. This fact is supported by the fact that Wario World is mediocre, the Wario Ware series is shit, and Wario Thief is even worse.
What makes it shit? Sure it is different, but it all started out as Mario Artist 64DD Microgames anyway. Wario just put a face on it.

AniHawk said:
Wario LAND is the best series in the franchise. This fact is supported by the fact that Wario World is mediocre, the Wario Ware series is shit, and Wario Thief is even worse.

After kirby and mario and DK and stafi Nintendo doesnt need Wario platforming. Warioware was a perfect fit for the character.

AniHawk

HUELEN10 said:
What makes it shit? Sure it is different, but it all started out as Mario Artist 64DD Microgames anyway. Wario just put a face on it.

I'm exaggerating here. I just don't find it very fun. It's one of those series like Metroid Prime and Jak II where I think the developers went down the wrong direction.

EmCeeGramr said:
After kirby and mario and DK and stafi Nintendo doesnt need Wario platforming. Warioware was a perfect fit for the character.

The Kirby games are usually pretty good. Mario platformers come out once in forever, DK platformers come out less than that. We don't even get Stafi. Wario was one of the few platforming series we saw consistent releases for from Nintendo in the late 90s.

grandjedi6

EmCeeGramr said:
and that makes a Wario platformer gross because...?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EmCeeGramr said:

Wario Land was an even better fit.

grandjedi6 said:
And per chance what do you describe as "internal efforts"

EAD, Gamefreak, Hal Laboratory, Intelligent Systems, EAD tokyo, etc. Im not saying it matters where your awesome lineup comes from. Im just curious about what everyone is cooking. I think Int Sys has enough manpower to be working more on a remake and RTG. Warioland Wii smells like one of the treasure products.

Stumpokapow said:
What exactly are you not betting on? Its existence? It's on Nintendo's release schedule. It's there on the page. It exists. It is Wario Land.

I believe he's suggesting that it might be a Wario:MoD-esque spinoff with the Land name tacked on. Hopefully, that's not the case.

Akai

Golden Darkness said:
Does anyone understand this comment about Fatal Frame?

Does it mean Fatal Frame belongs to Nintendo, or its just commenting on how this one is being published by Nintendo (with the previous games being dev. by Temco and published on PS2/XBOX)?

Good question...

以上任天堂タイトル
零は任天堂になってますね。

From my knowledge, the first part basically says "Beyond a Nintendo title" while the second part says "Rei is to become Nintendo's"...

"なってます" can mean other things as well, but that first bit seems to tie into this meaning...

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EmCeeGramr said:
The niche was filled about 5 times over.
Considering the Wario Lands are the best 2D platformers outside of Mario on handhelds, its not the one cluttering the niche.

Do you not see the topics complaining about a lack of decent platformers on consoles? Wii already has a Warioware...now its time for Wario Land

AniHawk said:
It's $50, so I think that rules out WiiWare. At least, I fucking hope it does.

Thank you for ruining my dreams. I hoped that it wouldn't be overpriced ='(

At that price it better be damn good.

grandjedi6

EmCeeGramr said:
EAD, Gamefreak, Hal Laboratory, Intelligent Systems, EAD tokyo, etc. Im not saying it matters where your awesome lineup comes from. Im just curious about what everyone is cooking. I think Int Sys has enough manpower to be working more on a remake and RTG. Warioland Wii smells like one of the treasure products.

I think you are expecting too much from a simple summer line-up meeting. Wait till E3 as they always say

grandjedi6 said:
and that makes a Wario platformer gross because...?

It really doesnt matter what I think about the series. You guys like it, I dont think its necessary. I was just saying earlier that we still havent seen too much of Nintendo's own work yet and made an unintentional flamebait. Lets get back on topic.

AniHawk

EmCeeGramr said:

Int Sys has at least three teams.

2005: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Dr. Mario & Puzzle League
2006: Rhythm Tengoku
2007: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Planet Puzzle League, Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero
2008: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Fire Emblem Remake, Rhythm Tengoku Gold

I think the work could've been split up between a remake of FE and a possible port/upgrade of RT to do another full game. They released three console games and two handheld games in 2007. Three handheld games and one console game in 2008 doesn't sound too far-fetched.

neo2046 said:
Wario Land Shake
- hand draw background
- toon-shade characters
Sounding like an awesome combo of Wind Waker and Yoshi's Island.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
EmCeeGramr said:

Smells like ignorant statements. No one knows who is working on it

TreIII

neo2046 said:
Wario Land Shake
- hand draw background
- toon-shade characters

...Ooooo...

I like the sounds of this already.

Still, that whole "Shake" thing has to give me pause. I just want solid platforming action, not too many things involving waggle.

AniHawk

TreIII said:
...Ooooo...

I like the sounds of this already.

Still, that whole "Shake" thing has to give me pause. I just want solid platforming action, not too many things involving waggle.

I think the right developers can do it justice. LostWinds had waggle control and it was pretty good because of it.

Tenbatsu

Akai said:
Good question...

以上任天堂タイトル
零は任天堂になってますね。

From my knowledge, the first part basically says "Beyond a Nintendo title" while the second part says "Rei is to become Nintendo's"...

"なってます" can mean other things as well, but that first bit seems to tie into this meaning...
The famitsu scans stated 2008 Nintendo/Tecmo LTD

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So I'd say Fatal Frame, Wario Land Rhythm Tengoku are shoe-ins for E3. Hopefully Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing (Pikmin 3 as well!) will make an appearance and this could be a very solid show.

HUELEN10

Fantastical said:
So I'd say Fatal Frame, Wario Land Rhythm Tengoku are shoe-ins for E3. Hopefully Kid Icarus and Animal Crossing (Pikmin 3 as well!) will make an appearance and this could be a very solid show.
I wouldn't call them shoo-ins just yet.
Remember when Famitsu revealed Kaito Wario 7? It was not at E3 at all.

TreIII

AniHawk said:
I think the right developers can do it justice. LostWinds had waggle control and it was pretty good because of it.

I suppose so...

But really, I want the focus to be on a solid title first, and foremost.

Any way, gots to go to bed for now. But I EXPECT to see some 10-20 page topics by the time I wake up! :lol :lol

Rayven

aka surume
Toy Soldier said:
Wario Land. :O

I need it, just please tell me it resembles a traditional WL title.

The 'Shake' has me assuming it'll, well, place a focus on shaking the Wiimote, and therefore not be a traditional platformer? Who knows.
I was thinking the same thing. All I want is a solid platformer...hold the shake.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
HUELEN10 said:
I wouldn't call them shoo-ins just yet.
Remember when Famitsu revealed Kaito Wario 7? It was not at E3 at all.
But Fatal Frame and Wario are due out so soon in Japan. It would be stupid not to have them at E3. I fully expect Fatal Frame by '09 and if Wario Land is really that close to coming out in Japan I would expect that too.

Akai

Tenbatsu said:
The famitsu scans stated 2008 Nintendo/Tecmo LTD

I know, but I'm just stating what I see...If anyone else wants to give it a shot they are surely welcome... =)

Fantastical said:
I fully expect Fatal Frame by '09 and if Wario Land is really that close to coming out in Japan I would expect that too.

I don't see why they couldn't be out this year...They SHOULD be at least...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
neo2046 said:
Wario Land Shake
- hand draw background
- toon-shade characters
Nice! Especially the former. :D

king zell said:
Fatal Frame 4 doesn't look that hot from the scan :( is it just me
I really can't tell what's going on, the CG looks nice though! :lol

Need a trailer, hopefully more than a week away from the release date.

Ydahs

king zell said:
Fatal Frame 4 doesn't look that hot from the scan :( is it just me
It looks pretty good to me. Though I'm waiting for directfeed screens and a trailer to really see how good it looks.

Top Bottom