• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 8, Part 1 – Sundays on AMC

SamuraiX-

Awesome work with the OT, Ratsky! Glad you found the TWD font. The season 8 banner makes for some sexy section headers.

Cautiously optimistic going into this season but the premiere should definitely be some good fun.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Has Andrew Lincoln won or been nominated for anything significant for his Rick role? He's fucking great.

Typical

Banned
Neogaf is truly dead? Can’t believe this thread hasn’t been bumped since last week after a new episode just aired!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Wish they would show what Negan and his crew is up to. I hope they don't wait until next year to show the other side's perspective.

I came in expecting too much this season. GOT has spoiled me. The action scenes are sadly letting me down so far.

What was up with the weird gross white walker ?

BizzyBum

Neogaf is truly dead? Can’t believe this thread hasn’t been bumped since last week after a new episode just aired!

Yeah, it's pretty bad.

At least they weren't kidding with the whole "all out war" tagline for this season so far. First two episodes have been relentless.

Atrus

Gold Member
Did not expect a throwback to Season 1. Not many veterans left so I'm hoping this isn't just a brief encounter. I also apparently don't understand how big the Saviours are given that the cast has mowed down about a hundred or so of them and there seems to be a lot more left.

I don't think that episode had enough gun shootout scenes. Talk about a snoozer. I should just start watching the first/last 10 minutes and just skip the rest lol

Lakitu

st5fu
The shootout scenes on this show are always so poorly shot, one of my least favourite parts so to see an entire episode dedicate to it, is a little annoying. I liked the ending though. I had no idea where they were most of the time and where they were going, I only recognise the satellite station.

cucuchu

Its maddening how dumb they make anyone Rick and Co. fight seem. I don't know what they are getting at with this season but it has not been all out war, its been an all out slaughter.

Holy shit how bad can this season get?
I didn't hate the premiere, but the 3 episodes after that, oh boy... how much more gunshots without the plot moving a milimiter forward will we have to endure?
This is the second season in a row that i'm watching only waiting for it to get better, but it never does...

Is anyone really enjoying this trainwreck?

DarkestHour

Banned
Holy shit how bad can this season get?
I didn't hate the premiere, but the 3 episodes after that, oh boy... how much more gunshots without the plot moving a milimiter forward will we have to endure?
This is the second season in a row that i'm watching only waiting for it to get better, but it never does...

Is anyone really enjoying this trainwreck?

I am a bit because it is showing some action finally but I agree they need to get on with it. Seems there will be a huge "oh shit" moment when this finally culminates.

Yikes this thread is DEAD!!!!

Anyways I love Negan! <3 he my baby bear
TDWXLJx.jpg

Atrus

Gold Member
Last episode was completely terrible. A mishmash of the almost incomprehensible garbage folks, the similarly incomprehensible mullet-man, and people who don't understand what a siege is.

It's hard to imagine the Saviours still having the capacity to challenge 3 communities after taking massive losses but we'll see how they explain away this one. Writing team needs a bit of a shake-up because when its bad, its really bad.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
This season is horrible....i know they like to stick to the comics in alot of ways, but i think they need to shake things up and not go the whole 'Negan gets captured' route and instead just kill him off in some extraordinary way. They're losing alot of viewers and really need a shake up. Honestly, the whole garbage people story is one of the dumbest things they've done in a long time too.

Atrus

Gold Member
The 'artful' face close-ups and slow-mo were all terrible. Probably the worst mid-season finale I can remember. I'm still astounded by the lack of care the writers have in keeping the show grounded within its own narrative. The Saviours are operating in the exact same capacity as before Ricks crew massacred their outposts and stole their caches. There was also a reintroduction of Oceanside that quickly went nowhere, shoved in as an extra story thread to pick up on after the break. In fact, seveal portions of the episode occurred off-screen.

Eugene has also been a terrible character from the get go. Who on Earth talks like him or even the Garbage people? I hope all of these people meet painful ends very quickly.

Scott Gimple should be let go imo. After seeing his explanation for Carl's fate, its only a matter of time before some Exec calls for the show to wrap up.

ehead

What the fuck just happened with this show? I haven’t seen anythin since the season finale of S7. I got spoiled by a freaking Youtube video (my fault, really).

Top Bottom