• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queens of the Stone Age, Villains, produced by Mark Ronson

Ash735

Queens of the Stone Age are back, after a few years away on side projects and helping out other artists across the world, the band have been hiding away in the studio and leaving cryptic clues around their social media. Today they revealed via a YouTube video entitled "Face The Truth" that their next album will be called Villains and will be produced by Mark Ronson (who makes a cameo in the video), a brief sample of the upcoming single "Feet Don't Fail Me" can be heard too.

100000x100000-999.jpg

The album will be released worldwide on the 25th of August

Tracklist:
1 Feet Don't Fail Me
2 The Way You Used to Do
3 Domesticated Animals
4 Fortress
5 Head Like a Haunted House
6 Un-Reborn Again
7 Hideaway
8 The Evil Has Landed
9 Villains of Circumstance

Undrey

That video is funny and I'm really excited for the album. It'll be interesting to see how it fares to Like Clockwork.

I am at work and can't watch the video, so I don't know if the release date is mentioned. Coming Twenty Five. I am assuming August 25th. It is a Friday and most indie releases come out on Fridays I think.

I am at work and can't watch the video, so I don't know if the release date is mentioned. Coming Twenty Five. I am assuming August 25th. It is a Friday and most indie releases come out on Fridays I think.

Ronson produced huh? That should be interesting. Like the clip.

Very prominent producer/DJ. More or less responsible for Amy Winehouse's old school sound. Uptown Funk is actually his song and only features Bruno Mars.

Thanks! Yea I just Wikipedia some info on him. I actually like Amy whinehouse album, so this is gonna be interesting. Very hyped now lol

Interested. Mark Ronson is a pretty good producer.
Better than Josh Homme. He totally killed the Arctic monkies.
nah, he's cool

Steeven

Like Clockwork and Songs For the Deaf all the way. I am really excited for this. Maybe someday, I Appear Missing will be regarded as a masterpiece of our time, which it surely is.

CFMOORE!

Like Clockwork and Songs For the Deaf all the way. I am really excited for this. Maybe someday, I Appear Missing will be regarded as a masterpiece of our time, which it surely is.

that tracks really makes me want a QOTSA James Bond intro song.

He's awful.

Although great if you like utterly banal interpretations of music stolen from someone more talented.

He's not performing with the band, so if your objection stems from his cover/dj work it feels unfounded here. His work with Amy Winehouse was brilliant.

I appear missing is truly a masterpiece love that song can't praise it enough. Glad to see others agree

moggio

Banned
This is gonna be a hard pop album, I feel it. More dance-y, more groovy. I'm hoping for stuff like Smooth Sailing and I Wanna Make It Wit Chu style stuff all over it.

Top Bottom