• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gorillaz-Humanz |OT| After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Three songs in, it's great but where the hell is Damon?

Found some images of the Deluxe Edition.

ecG7XaG.jpg

wmMGpPV.jpg

drvTekz.jpg

Really excited to get this thing tomorrow.
Omfg that Noodle and Elvis image. I need this as a poster

Wonder when 24 hour stores would stock it. I'm working a late night, and would love to cap it off with a night drive to listen to the whole Deluxe CD.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Goddamn this is good. But I could see how people don't think it's a Gorillaz album.

Plastic Beach needs more love.

Also The Fall. While it was way more of an experimental thing with few parts of singing, Revolving Doors and Amarillo are masterpieces for me. Love how depressed 2D sounds in those two songs.

I got halfway through Humanz but I need to sleep now. Really awesome album so far!

loving this deep house feel in "Out of Body." definitely a dance track

EDIT: "Ticker Tape" is the song that Gorillaz fans needed in their lives. such good vibes

What the hell is Momentz?

clocks on the walls?
got the watches on the wrists?
its the momentz we relive?
its the momentz like this?
when its time to get ill?
and you're so ahead of time?
its the momentz we achieve?

best believe it's the momentz

EDIT: officially have heard every track on the deluxe edition. Ticker Tape and Out of Body are most certainly my favorite of the bonus tracks

Sweet. I ain't listening to it right now. Listening to it on android auto tomorrow morning as I'm driving in order.

On the bright side I finally figured out what I need to tell Google voice so it plays the album lmao. "ok Google play music album humanz by Gorillaz"

If I don't say all of this it won't play it.

She's My Collar in HQ is all i ever wanted!!!!

Let Me Out in HQ wearing my sennheiser hd 25 II's is freaking glorious.
the background "let me out's" are like someone is constantly whispering in your ear lol

Valkrai

I think I'm halfway through. Great album so far but I'll need repeat listens to like Momentz. DRAMless chorus Andromeda is definitely better.

Ever

Banned
Momentz is definitely one of those "acquired taste" songs. Interesting.

I love "The Apprentice." Nice catchy beat with different verses for each guest.

"Andromeda" definitely has that Gorillaz feel to it.

I'll have to listen to the rest at the gym tomorrow.

Acorn

Anthony Hamilton on a track, been a minute since I heard him, cool. Just started listening, guests look good.

Valkrai

Hallelujah Money is still fantastic

Edit: Sweepstakes is easily the worst of Plastic Beach (I thought that was universally accepted). Glitter Freeze isnt too hot either

Exodust

Banned
I love Demon Days and Plastic Beach, and S/T still has some of my favorite tracks. I've given Humanz a lot of chances over the past week and nah, only find myself liking three tracks out of twenty.

Whatevs. At least Andromeda and Strobelite are great.

EVO

Not a huge fan of it after my first listen but I'm digging The Apprentice. Song definitely should've made it onto the standard edition.

I completely understand those of you who don't dig it but yeah, this is my second favorite Gorillaz album now under Demon Days. I only dislike two songs (The Apprentice and Sex Murder Party) and I love every other track to death.

Of course I wish there was more 2D but I learned to live with his absence with Plastic Beach so I was expecting this. I waited seven years for a new Gorillaz album and this is even better than I could have envisioned. I'll be bumping this for years and years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom