• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Luxury" music festival organised by Ja Rule turns into Lord of the Flies sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
A complimentary ride back to Miami. How generous!

0417namfall01.jpg

I just can't believe this wasn't done on purpose to play some rich fools.

In these tropical countries you could organize a decent 3-4 stars level accommodation/buffet for a tenth of that price and your scam wouldn't end up in the news.

This twitter also does a good job at reporting from the ground: https://twitter.com/WNFIV
I love the organizer's notebook they found, especially the To Do list (reorganized by assigned priority):

"1 - Complete our corporate application to HOPEFULLY short order"
"2 - At LEAST gather pricing/packages"
"3 - Work on Excel sheet" (followed by a page of doing a spreadsheet by hand)
"4 - Start thinking about ticket situation for mainstage Sunday"
"5 - Start designing storefront"
"6 - Head to site at some point"
"7 - Think about product placement throughout storefront"

The kicker... the date on the To Do list was just 2 week ago. I pray this "organizer" was far removed from organization, but the other pages say probably not. Reads like a guy who flunked out of business school but learned enough jargon to fake it.

fyrefestival.com said:
Due to circumstances out of our control, the physical infrastructure was not in place on time and we are unable to fulfill on that vision safely and enjoyably for our guests.
Bullshit. Your notebook proves the circumstances were entirely your own fault.

Koomaster

Lmao

Though this makes me wonder if someone made a genuine prison but asked for thousands of dollars to be jailed instead of taking actual prisoners, if rich people would actually pay to be there.
Actually...

Still a step away from paying just for the experience. But if you've committed a crime and there is one in your area, you can pay to stay in your very own 'luxury' jail cell.

Nokterian

I can't stop laughing, sorry but not sorry how in the world could people fall for this? And yet it did happend..unbelievable.

gutshot

Sounds like most of the attendees spent only $500 on "early bird" tickets, which included travel and accommodations. I'm guessing no one bought these insane $12k+ packages.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I love that they were actually planning on two weekends of this.

The people who had tickets to the second weekend must be feeling pretty good right now.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Get out hustled by Ja Rule Breh's..... pay 12,000 to spend a weekend with Ja Rule in 2017 Breh's...... go home hoping your lawyers can get your money back from a Caribbean island festival Breh's.......

Sounds like most of the attendees spent only $500 on "early bird" tickets, which included travel and accommodations. I'm guessing no one bought these insane $12k+ packages.

$500 got you a weekend including everything? Yeah that's pretty nuts and would make organizers zero $.

mike6467

$500 got you a weekend including everything? Yeah that's pretty nuts and would make organizers zero $.

Yeah, you have to wonder if they were counting on the whales to compensate for the cheap tickets and then got fucked when nobody actually sprang for the $200,000 packages lol.

phaonaut

Never been to a music festival worthy of note. If this is the worst "luxury" festival, is there an example of a good one?

Calamari41

41 > 38
If this is a stone's throw away from a luxury resort, I would just book a room until I managed to get off the island and include that cost in my lawsuit.

I'm from The Bahamas and this is a goddamn embarrassment. I wonder if this was on the organizers or on us.

Edited to add this:

Not sure when it was posted/said but it's what makes me think it's partially our fault lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom