• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

velociraptor

How can people not eat anymore after 7?. My body says Feed me and I'm still hungry. RIP
I eat between 11-12 and 8. I have noticed that I'm generally most ravenous between 3-6pm. But I stick to this 8-9 hour window otherwise I would be eating 4000 calories daily. I wish I had no appetite because sometimes all I ever think about is food, and it can get pretty damn distracting, lol.

Everything felt heavy today. Idk what's worst. Doing 4x6 @ 295# or 4x8 @ 255. I'll go with the 8. Then I had to do 2x8 on deads after. Tomorrow is last day on deload week then back to training Monday. Let me go look for a meet so I can do one and have some numbers under my name so I can know what to do after.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
lol what happened? sore? pain? Did you start much lower than usual in weights?

All of the above minus physical pain. My ego is a bit banged up.

I've had three weeks off currently because of a busted rib.

Ehh, I'll get back to my numbers.

I'm already on week one from my new pinched nerve injury.

Well shit guys. Sorry to hear. Rest up. Idk about you but this getting old stuff blows.

Ixian

All of the above minus physical pain. My ego is a bit banged up.
I went through that after my week long trip to Hawaii back in November, because I also took another week off of lifting after that to try to catch up on life stuff. I thought I was already being safe with the amount of weight I took off of my top set, but even the reduced amount ended up being too much for me. >_<

mdsfx

The weather was nice for a few days so my wife signed us up for a 5k, which will be her first race of the year. Temps dropped and now tomorrow will feel like 8°.

She's scrambling to figure out what to wear right now while cussing me out as if it's my fault hahaha

Edit: oh crap now she's looking at MY cold weather gear :(

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Reset squats and starting with volume so I did 365 3x8 highbar paused beltless...that was fucking exhausting don't even want to do anything else &#128563;

Totally cheated today lmao. 5 beers in, good beers. Had a double double animal style and animal style fries lol.

Though I only had a protein shake a s protein bar today after lifting this morning.

Bad day :-(

arm pump too strong, trying to slim down these fatceps

n9MRYSf.jpg

mdsfx

Got a half-mile swim in before the freezing balls 5k. Ended up being the coldest race I've ever ran. My goal today was to help my wife achieve hers (running non-stop for 3 miles). The bonus was that she was just on the edge of breaking a 10-minute pace at mile 2, and when I told her she started to empty the tank and averaged a PR of 9:53/mi by the end, even briefly hitting a 7:30/mi pace at the finish.

I had to start giving her my own gear mid-race to keep her warm. I was a complete icicle by the end and couldn't feel my hands, but she was pretty comfy!

Who would have thought we'd drink the ice-cold, green beer afterwards on a day like this?!

sphinx

the piano man
I feel like I need to put it here,

I have been having problems with my left knee and lower leg, my left leg has always been shit but it had been giving me more trouble than before..

last week I bought a pair of shoes to wear daily during work, just a random pair, nothing orthopedic or anything. I've been using them since then, pain is almost gone :O

if you guys have trouble with legs and knees, try changing shoes!! it's worth a try,

Black Beans, Kidney Beans - Do any of you have any killer recipes that are tasty? I'm on a low budget. I'm basically down to can food, and I don't want to eat a lot of rice/bread/noodles.

It's hard getting tasty filling protein when meat is not an option either. >.<

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Black Beans, Kidney Beans - Do any of you have any killer recipes that are tasty? I'm on a low budget. I'm basically down to can food, and I don't want to eat a lot of rice/bread/noodles.

It's hard getting tasty filling protein when meat is not an option either. >.<
Can you eat eggs or dairy? If so egg, black beans, cottage cheese and some hot sauce in a wrap is a go to lunch for me.

I'm in busy season, got the flu, have been too busy with work and might be getting sick again. Ugh.

Just want to be healthy, not tired and do yoga at the studio &#128557;

ACE 1991

Spent the last 4.5 days partying in New Orleans with my friend. Diet and sleep has been absolute dog shit during, ready to pay penance before the iron gods after work.

daylight saving time can get fucked. let me get used to the time change. feeling tired today. hopefully i can muster up some energy for later today.

Day 1 of Candito bench program. I feel fat coming off weekends. It's like that every weekend. I need to kick the habit. Also how do people bench with medium to long hair.its not long enough to do a top bun.

alternade

I feel so weak doing keto and lifting. Down 10lbs but fuck if isn't torture not being able to go out and enjoy life aka eating a full loaf of french bread in the park

W1D1 of Candito bench program done. Easy day but 5 days in a row for the first week. Easy working sets but failure during accessories. Let's see how this goes!

So I was trying on 28" waist skinny jeans today, and were it not for the fact that I couldn't really fit my thighs or calves in properly, I could have gone smaller. Ridiculous. Never imagined that happening.

Not that I bought them. Really would have left me little option for bulking back up.

I don't think I'll ever be any smaller than this. I'm only 1kg off my race weight and pushing sub 10% body fat. I actually want to put some size on my lower back / lower abs if possible too, so I don't see my waist ever going down now.

I don't know what that is, but I do about 2,000 push ups a month at the moment (maybe slightly more, maybe slightly less) and it might be my imagination but I think my chest is filling out a bit.

Oddly I don't really seem to be getting any better at them though, which I always thought was the point of greasing the groove.

I don't know what that is, but I do about 2,000 push ups a month at the moment (maybe slightly more, maybe slightly less) and it might be my imagination but I think my chest is filling out a bit.

Oddly I don't really seem to be getting any better at them though, which I always thought was the point of greasing the groove.

I'm not entirely sure either. My husband challenged me to it, and he said you basically have to do 1000 reps of something in one month. I've picked squats and sit-ups for mine, and while I'm happy just to move around, I'd be more excited if I knew actual results were waiting at the finish line. If you're not getting major guns and aren't sure about your chest after double that, I imagine I won't be seeing much on my end.

I've cut down to 160 lbs and I'm not as lean as I thought I'd be. I'll still keep my goal at 150, but it looks like I'll need to adjust to 145 or maybe even 140 - which would be the leanest I'd been since my freshman year in high school haha

Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure either. My husband challenged me to it, and he said you basically have to do 1000 reps of something in one month. I've picked squats and sit-ups for mine, and while I'm happy just to move around, I'd be more excited if I knew actual results were waiting at the finish line. If you're not getting major guns and aren't sure about your chest after double that, I imagine I won't be seeing much on my end.
Basically when I'm working I do about 15 push ups (and other things at times) every 45 mins (just to get me up and moving). I might have seen better results, but I've been cutting fairly heavily for the last 5 months.

Has anyone done the 1000 rep/month challenge? Curious if there are visible results.

You'll get visible results if doing this is more than what you're used to doing. Past like 3 weeks though you probably won't see much in the way of results from just the exercise at bodyweight because you're already made those adaptations.

Otherwise everybody who owned a Wii would look like one of the Wii Fit trainers doing all those bodyweight exercises.

I've cut down to 135 lbs and I'm not as lean as I thought I'd be. I'll still keep my goal at 130lbs, but it looks like I'll need to adjust to 125 or maybe even 120 - which would be the leanest I'd been since my freshman year in high school haha

This is actually why I don't set weight goals anymore. Nearly nothing is worse than reaching your target, looking in the mirror and saying "damn, that STILL kinda sucks." Just go until you're as lean as you want to be.

sphinx

the piano man
back in the game and strong, so far,

hopefully I don't jinx it, but I found some tricks to avoid craving sugar and discovered how delicious is spinach in leaf/salad form (as opposed to that hideous goo from the freezer)

I also reduced coffein to 1 cup per day (this isn't per se any kind of improvement but I had been wanting it for years)

I also have one rule: no "progress" selfies for a month, it's tempting but I have to get the fuck over that and stick to the plan

this one was one of the last times I got a pic, back in Mexico.

More than trying to bulk or cut is about learning to be disciplined with what I put into my mouth and be strict with the food, I've known for a while what's good and bad food, problem has always been to not cave to temptations and being more careful with portions.

hopefully it all ends up in changing habits, which is what I am looking for, I don't mind the occasional burger&fries on sunday, I just want my nutrition to be on point on week days

Guys my upper thigh hurts like a mother fucker when I try to bend my knee. Like a sharp pain very different from a normal soreness. What did I do :(

Edit:

inner-thigh-muscles.jpg

I think its the adductor magnus?

blackflag

No more doing heavy db shoulder presses without a spot for me. Tweaked my neck on trying to get 100 lbs dbs up &#128529;

Damn son. You big boy now. That's what I'm pushing.

Just started squatting again. Last week. 315x5 was tough today after almost 2 years not doing them. If my back feels good I'm going to start deadlifting next week.

Everyone pray never herniate a disk. It sucks. I have to be very careful and not overdo it on the squats and dl

blackflag

hopefully it all ends up in changing habits, which is what I am looking for, I don't mind the occasional burger&fries on sunday, I just want my nutrition to be on point on week days

That's how I'm doing it now. Super strict on the week days. Like 2200 caps which is not a lot for me and then whatever I want and drinks Saturday night and sometimes Sunday.

Lost 20lbs since January. At 265 now. If I can get to 245 I'll be absolutely shredded but I don't know if I have the will power to drop another 20. We shall see.

Top Bottom