• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

I seem to be solo ulted by Junkrats constantly, it's annoying AF.

Start pre-loading your alt-fire volley when you hear it. Maybe you'll get lucky. But yeah, Zen may be the only character in the game without any non-ult ability or damage mitigation that can help him avoid being killed by riptire.

Just need that shiny Diamond emblem lol.

Wish I recorded our match on Horizon map yesterday.

We got absolutely destroyed on the first round (defense) like...in a mere min.

On attack we got them but had only like a min on the first point and 40 sec on the second and we fucking did it. We managed to take the two points so fast they didn't even manage to do anything. Don't ask me how but we did it.

On the defense we played like bitches. They have 6 or so min so we had a Bastion and torb sitting on top of the first objective. Me (D.VA) was near them for protection and Junkrat was closing guarding tbe right side.

And we did it. They didn't even manage to get quarter of the objective. We went total cheese and it worked soooo gooood.

Only managed to record my potg:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/McDragon Live/video/34335980

Nice bomb!
And I never begrudge a filthy cancer comp when you're that doomed, time-wise. Plenty of time for them to unravel it, if they put in the work.

MCD

Nice bomb!
And I never begrudge a filthy cancer comp when you're that doomed, time-wise. Plenty of time for them to unravel it, if they put in the work.

Thanks! If there is one thing I learned from OW its never ever to give up. Contest to the very end.

As for throwers we had someone pick a torb on attack and lost. Looking at his profile he was everything we needed: ana, mercy, lucio, soldier among others. But nope must throw the game because fuck you.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Took a while to get matched in comp and then got this:
bpG6ROM.jpg
Thought for sure we were boned, but we kept the 1st point in a relatively close matchup. Round 2 our Reaper goes Orisa and we start doing even better and then this gem from the enemy Tracer occurred:

363GKbb.jpg

3qqg8EX.gif

We beat them clean 3-0.

Thought for sure we were boned, but we kept the 1st point in a relatively close matchup. Round 2 our Reaper goes Orisa and we start doing even better and then this gem from the enemy Tracer occurred:

363GKbb.jpg

3qqg8EX.gif

We beat them clean 3-0.

How would a Zen cheat exactly? Wall hacks? Are those a thing on PC OW?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still not good enough with sombra to play her 100% of the time, but I think I'm to the point where I can destroy any team that has DVa and Zenyatta until they switch off those characters. Pick off the Zenyatta between fights, and hack the DVa during fights and it's like it's a 4v6.

Jellie

363GKbb.jpg

3qqg8EX.gif

We beat them clean 3-0.
ScreenShot_17-05-20_01-07-08-000.jpg

Even worse for me. Almost full held but collapsed and lost it after being in ot.

maomaoIYP

https://images.discordapp.net/attachments/292791215953412106/315283749577424896/ScreenShot_17-05-20_01-07-08-000.jpg[img]
Even worse for me. Almost full held but collapsed and lost it after being in ot.[/QUOTE]

Someone on the other team deranked to bronze on purpose? Can't think of any other reason for this.

Mr Git

Had just finished a qp match this morning and got a psn message asking if I was the dva from the first round of Nepal. I just naturally expected abuse of some sort so figured I'd mitigate it by sending one back saying aye but it's 5AM and I'd just got back from work soz. Then they sent another saying naw I was really good. Muh heart. I'm not used to getting messages from randoms with praise.

Bubaer

Man, really is like day and night between playing this game on weekdays and weekends. First time since I don't know when that we had at least 4 dd's on at any given time.

Finally hit gold :)

already beginning to experience the gold salt on Xbox lol the borderline SRs always seem a bit sketchy. Same shit from high bronze/low silver

Swig_

Is Hanzos ult broken? I've tried to use it in two games and twice it disappeared after casting.. It workd a few other times, though.

Swig_

Dva 1, bad guys 0

No.. it like... fails to cast. He yells his thing and then nothing happens. I don't think a D.va was even in the games. I'll have to keep an eye on that, but I've never seen this happen and I play Hanzo all the time.

You can track with Discord for a short time when an enemy is behind a wall and the Tracer was too eager to try and take me out so they got punished every time.

Ah, got it. I thought he was actually accusing you of cheating.
And yes, nothing is as glorious as corner-volleying a Tracer behind you who forgot she was Discorded.

same way anyone cheats in an fps game. wall hacks and aimbots. and yes aimbots work just fine with projectiles

Aimbots seem problematic with Zen, since you need to aim at allies as well. It can be a pain on console with aim-assist because of this when things are hectic.

I wasn't aware OW had a wall hack problem. Bummer.

antitrop

Saw a Hog main yesterday that was Top500 last season with a 54% win rate.

This season... 43% win rate.... 3400.

The nerf was fucking real.

LifEndz

Reaper is a god in this game right now. As a tank player I'm at the point where I'm running from him most of the match.

-MD-

Is Hanzos ult broken? I've tried to use it in two games and twice it disappeared after casting.. It workd a few other times, though.

No.. it like... fails to cast. He yells his thing and then nothing happens. I don't think a D.va was even in the games. I'll have to keep an eye on that, but I've never seen this happen and I play Hanzo all the time.

Had this happen to me the other day, he said the line and I saw the arrow shoot but it just disappeared after that, it wasn't due to a Dva either.

Saw a Hog main yesterday that was Top500 last season with a 54% win rate.

This season... 43% win rate.... 3400.

The nerf was fucking real.
He's still maining the character? That's fucking dedication. I've just been playing other games until they fix him.

lol! glad flank hog is gone.
Hog is gone. Straight-up deleted. And fuck anyone who is happy about a character getting deleted.

Swig_

Had this happen to me the other day, he said the line and I saw the arrow shoot but it just disappeared after that, it wasn't due to a Dva either.

I was out of town on a business trip the last week and haven't played much, I wonder if the game was patched and something broke. I've never seen this before, but that sounds exactly like what happened to me.

Blues1990

He's still maining the character? That's fucking dedication. I've just been playing other games until they fix him.

Hog is gone. Straight-up deleted. And fuck anyone who is happy about a character getting deleted.

I feel the same way. People can bitch about it until they turn blue in the face, but Roadhog was a very good "Tank" because what tanks do is create space for their teammates to operate in. In Roadhog's case, he was a Zoning Tank that was a threat to flankers, could cancel enemy ultimate abilities, & was solid at peeling (i.e. Peeling a Winston off your Ana). Everything is harder to counter dive without Hog, and it influences other heroes as well, with Mei being able to off-tank and Sombra being able to off-DPS.

Yes, I understand the reasoning for why they wanted to get rid of the overweight assassin that flanks the enemy backlines, but it's embarrassing that if someone busts out Roadhog (in his current state) to counter me, I'll literally say 'Horray, my team wins!'

Unless the developers are planning on completely redesigning Roadhog from the ground up, he's worthless at this point.

Miyahon

I had this happen to me in a game yesterday with Mei's ult.

I saw her throw out the blizzard and nothing happened.

Only time I've ever had this happen to me where the ult didn't work. I'm on the PC version.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Kinda amazing how many people just ignore Winston while he cuts through the backline.
Ah, got it. I thought he was actually accusing you of cheating.
And yes, nothing is as glorious as corner-volleying a Tracer behind you who forgot she was Discorded.
Oh they were salty.

Aimbots seem problematic with Zen, since you need to aim at allies as well. It can be a pain on console with aim-assist because of this when things are hectic.

I wasn't aware OW had a wall hack problem. Bummer.

aimbots know how to separate between friendlies and enemies. its totally fine. they are quite complex. is it against the rules posting youtube videos showing hacks in use? either way you can dial in your own preferred accuracy rate, preferred headshot percentage rate and various other custoimzations etc

I had this happen to me in a game yesterday with Mei's ult.

I saw her throw out the blizzard and nothing happened.

Only time I've ever had this happen to me where the ult didn't work. I'm on the PC version.

packet loss. this has happened to me lots of times with various button activated abilities

Reaper is a god in this game right now. As a tank player I'm at the point where I'm running from him most of the match.

As a D.VA main, I flash DM him and ask someone to wipe him out. Taking him on one of one for any tank just doesn't work at all. I also find that as D.VA I've become the focus of the other team, particularly Reaper. Inevitably once I get out of mech, a second later I hear "die, die, die".

Top Bottom