• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indignate

You just need people to overcome the insane scaling that event has.

If you have people, try to jump on the trebs and shooting into the middle. Helps a lot.

Why would they revoke a key from a retailer that sells it by buying boxed copies and selling the codes from inside the box? It's also a worldwide key.

Some unofficial retailers get their product by buying legit copies with stolen credit cards, and when the real owners of those credit cards inevitably request a chargeback, anet revokes access to the key. Just go with an official retailer to save yourself the headache and uncertainty.

Massicot

Yep that's what Reddit thinks too. I'm glad someone else noticed because I've forgotten how all the original VA's sound like (except for Blum >_>).

It could match up. Here's an excerpt from her wiki page:

Livia Wiki Page said:
In 1256 AE [note, this the prelude to GW2, far after events of Guild Wars], after the Rising of Orr, Livia was still the personal bodyguard to Kryta's monarch, and appeared to still hold a high rank (if not the highest) within the Shining Blade. She was aboard the Balthazar's Trident when it was attacked by Dead Ships, and used her magic to prevent Risen attackers from coming aboard. Livia claimed to have studied much of Orrian magic after acquiring the Scepter of Orr, and had retained her youthful appearance. How she had managed such a feat is not known—some tales said she'd sold her soul to become an immortal lich, and others claimed that Livia sacrificed prisoners in the dungeons of Divinity's Reach and used their blood to give herself eternal youth and beauty. There are hundreds of legends, usually told around Mad King's Day, when children are trying to scare one another with spooky tales.

Livia's current whereabouts are unknown.

Talks about Orr, Prophecies, etc. It could fit. Hmm.

Edit: Also a new Home Instance item, a notice board of sorts where you can collect Fine materials (Blood, Fangs, etc). https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-black-lion-hunters-board-is-now-available/

I will probably buy because I am a whale.

Massicot

image.png

image.png

image.png

OH BOY I GOT A SECOND ONE

image.png

Wait, hold the hell on, what have I missed the last few episodes?
The human gods are back now? And dragon are not suppose to die? eh, what?

Man, I should really catch up on the last few episodes....

ZenVolta

Is there still a gaf guild/people playing? Started playing again after a long time away and looking for people to do stuff with

Mifec

Any special thing I need to do to get the collection to fix Caladbolg? Not getting the letter from the Sylvari.

edit: guess it just needs to be the next day or you have to just go to the Sylvari in question.

8th - Juggernaut

DFL1D7_VoAA5pBa.jpg

DFL1AGiUwAAVfEX.jpg

DFL1FYiVwAAGwN0.jpg

Grats on the juggy!

Any special thing I need to do to get the collection to fix Caladbolg? Not getting the letter from the Sylvari.

edit: guess it just needs to be the next day or you have to just go to the Sylvari in question.

You have to beat the Heart of Thorns story. I know at least that much.

I swear, ArenaNet have been releasing new legendaries in the order of least used first. 1h and 2h swords pls. That just leaves Sword, Greatsword, Warhorn, Dagger, Longbow, Scepter and Focus. I'm going to be bummed if the new expansion comes out and they haven't finished releasing the Gen 2 legendaries.

Mifec

Grats on the juggy!

You have to beat the Heart of Thorns story. I know at least that much.

I swear, ArenaNet have been releasing new legendaries in the order of least used first. 1h and 2h swords pls. That just leaves Sword, Greatsword, Warhorn, Dagger, Longbow, Scepter and Focus. I'm going to be bummed if the new expansion comes out and they haven't finished releasing the Gen 2 legendaries.

Yeah it was after I beat it but apparently if you don't get the mail you have to wait until dailies reset.

The best thing about this was that it got me to max out crafting for the vision crystal.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Massicot

Meanwhile I just started on my first one and it's gonna be a long road. You're impressive boss doggo.

For whatever reason I can't explain, it gets far easier after the first one. They don't get cheaper but I guess you (general you) learn how to put it together more efficiently or whatever.

Boss Doggie

Meanwhile I just started on my first one and it's gonna be a long road. You're impressive boss doggo.

as Massicot said, once you have you first, you somehow magically get the others at a faster rate

it helps that at that point, your account has gone through a lengthy gameplay session that you know how to get mats, save up mats, etc. And pact supply really helps out in funding.

also I'm small time to the other people here who have all legendary weapons, duplicates, armor legendaries and backpack legendaries (both I'd probably never get)

oh and underwater legendary weapons, but LOL at those

Mifec

For whatever reason I can't explain, it gets far easier after the first one. They don't get cheaper but I guess you (general you) learn how to put it together more efficiently or whatever.

as Massicot said, once you have you first, you somehow magically get the others at a faster rate

it helps that at that point, your account has gone through a lengthy gameplay session that you know how to get mats, save up mats, etc. And pact supply really helps out in funding.

also I'm small time to the other people here who have all legendary weapons, duplicates, armor legendaries and backpack legendaries (both I'd probably never get)

oh and underwater legendary weapons, but LOL at those
Oh it's just that I came back after 4 years and am broke with no info on what to do and what the best farm areas for mats, gold and gear are. I assume I should gear up and start doing fractals?

So far I've just been doing AB mostly to get Mastery XP. My poor necro is still a baby.

Sonicbug

Speaking of Legendaries. I finally finished Nevermore tonight! Woo!

And I don't even have to change my favorite outfit to match it cause it still works pretty well with what I've got!

Boss Doggie

Oh it's just that I came back after 4 years and am broke with no info on what to do and what the best farm areas for mats, gold and gear are. I assume I should gear up and start doing fractals?

So far I've just been doing AB mostly to get Mastery XP. My poor necro is still a baby.

basically it's more to do with materials and items accumulating as you play, i.e. salvaging junk you get from doing stories or completing maps, etc.

Speaking of Legendaries. I finally finished Nevermore tonight! Woo!

And I don't even have to change my favorite outfit to match it cause it still works pretty well with what I've got!

grats!

glad you know the pain of wood :p

Massicot

About a day late on this, but apparently people have been caught paying someone to smurf on their account for the monthly automated tournaments. It's actually a guild that I used to be a part of for a short time. On one hand I'm unsurprised but on another painting with a broad brush is dangerous too. I'd say that clique filled shithole is probably more accurate than "a few bad apples" though.

Kind of embarrassing for the guild and the ESL team involved.

My interest in PvP was never high but I wonder how the tournaments have affected the competitive player base.

About a day late on this, but apparently people have been caught paying someone to smurf on their account for the monthly automated tournaments. It's actually a guild that I used to be a part of for a short time. On one hand I'm unsurprised but on another painting with a broad brush is dangerous too. I'd say that clique filled shithole is probably more accurate than "a few bad apples" though.

Kind of embarrassing for the guild and the ESL team involved.

My interest in PvP was never high but I wonder how the tournaments have affected the competitive player base.
They've been kicked from the guild. Now hopefully they'll be kicked from the game.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Anyway to make the Guardian move faster other that Staff 3+Shout that grant swiftness?

Other classes have a skill that grant a passive increase to movement speed but the guardian doesnt.

Massicot

Anyway to make the Guardian move faster other that Staff 3+Shout that grant swiftness?

Other classes have a skill that grant a passive increase to movement speed but the guardian doesnt.

Welcome to playing guardian!

You can

"Retreat!"
"Save Yourselves!" (but don't be near anyone with a condition)
Staff 3 (but hope nothing walks into it)
Greatsword 3 (but don't hit anything)
Wings of Resolve
Merciful Intervention can port you to an ally I guess too.

Boss Doggie

Yeah sadly Guardian/Dragonhunter is the only profession with no passive movement speed buff. Which is bullshit when you get Daredevil and Druid with their permanent Swiftness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom