• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

joe2187

Banned
Oh boy, LA Noire got super real today.

Anybody know what the fuck is up with Cole banging the German junkie? It's super random.

She's the classic femme fatale of the Noire genre, she plays a much bigger role in the overall story.

The lead up is not really shown, since we never get a glimpse into Coles private life we dont know why, but he became genuinely infatuated with Elsa after first meeting her with roy and that's about it...he fell for the Jazz singer.

Disgraced

She's the classic femme fatale of the Noire genre, she plays a much bigger role in the overall story.

The lead up is not really shown, since we never get a glimpse into Coles private life we dont know why, but he became genuinely infatuated with Elsa after first meeting her with roy and that's about it...he fell for the Jazz singer.
More definitely could've been done to illuminate Cole's private life, but I've always respected how the game is kind of dedicated to telling its story on on the job, and about the job. And the implication is the reason he did what he did... is because of the job.

So there's certainly a deliberateness to not showing a lot of it, and there's also certainly a matter of cut content. How much of all that, we don't know. But it's interesting and as we get closer to the end it does get better.

Strimei

Davis is also cool, if you like star wars Jessie, Davis, and Alex have a podcast where they talk about stuff in the new expanded canon of star wars, shits funny.

But yeah you are definitely in for a treat with that playthrough

Still cops

13 episodes in, definitely enjoying it, and I like how they are nailing the questioning sections by actually looking at the faces and all, whereas Woolie does the whole "lie and see what it hints" thing.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
if it comes out of Matts mouth, 99% of the time it's a reference

98% of the time that reference is to the Simpsons

My favorite part of Matt referencing the Simpsons is that its like and entire season's worth of jokes condensed into a half hour with none of the filler and sometimes none of the set up!

Village

13 episodes in, definitely enjoying it, and I like how they are nailing the questioning sections by actually looking at the faces and all, whereas Woolie does the whole "lie and see what it hints" thing.

Perfect dicks

The good thin about them and jessie is that you get all the dumb humor you would get from an SBF or a Game Grumps, but they actually try to do extremely well and do extra shit in video games

I appreciate Matt's Simpsons referenced because they're concentrated largely around the seasons where it was actually good, and he doesn't try to make Later Era Simpsons a thing.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
if it comes out of Matts mouth, 99% of the time it's a reference

98% of the time that reference is to the Simpsons

As someone who was raised by his pap on a diet of old Simpsons episodes recorded on blank VHS, who can quote Simpsons for most situations, I appreciate the heck out of Matt's constant, unending trail of Simpsons references.

FlowersisBritish

I think my favorite part of the Cat Lady lp is listening to Pat and Woolie talk about psychology. Its always fun, also wow this LP is getting SH as fuck right now....

FlowersisBritish

Im having some shitstorms in the backround as I do some stuff. What are some peoples personal favorites?

also does anyone else really want them to go back to the Shitstorm 3 style but with maybe only two weeks of horror games?

Anung

Un Rama
Im having some shitstorms in the backround as I do some stuff. What are some peoples personal favorites?

Call of Cthulu
Cry of Fear
Outlast
X-files: Resist or Serve
One Late Night
Any of the weird Spanish horror games
Alone in the Dark: TNN
Clock Tower
Martian Gothic Reunification
Deep Fear
Anatomy
Monstrum

Sorry for the list but I binge watch all the shitstorms all the time. These are some of my favourite favourites.

A.J.

Banned

also does anyone else really want them to go back to the Shitstorm 3 style but with maybe only two weeks of horror games?

I love Phobia because of how spooked Pat gets. He ends up cheering when the game crashes because he couldn't take it anymore.

Curse The Eye of Isis for this moment

DyUqzrI.png

Strimei

LA Noire: I feel like Woolie being a bit of a pyromaniac was mentioned before somewhere but I can't remember where. Him immediately knowing what makes green fire though...you a firebug, man.

Strimei

I was just thinking of Vessel recently myself. Dunno if I miss it though, I kinda like the surprise of not knowing exactly what's coming.

Strimei

It's come up on the podcast a few times.

Thought so. Felt familiar.

Speaking of, I've seen people on teh subreddit and in the comments there talk about the amount of dislikes (though honestly its not that much). For anyone curious, it apparently relates to some drama involving a French youtuber who got a copyright strike from Machinima (possibly because of a second French youtuber who is a part of Machinima) and his fans are taking it out on Machinima.

Strimei

On the one hand that's ridiculous, on the other hand it's kind of ridiculous they even still contract with Machinima.

They've said in the past that they have had zero issues with them (though one could argue that they wouldn't say anything bad while under contract, I suppose). And apparently they're locked in for an extremely long time too (2025).

Seeing as how Machinima has the Best Friends as their banner on youtube right now, it may be they're the only big thing they got left.

Top Bottom