• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Unicorn

So tomorrow, September 2nd, is Labor Day for US towns. So those of us in Europe are gonna be knocking down some US doors to get that picnic basket if we don't have it already.

Come on in! I am still looking for the JP oni masks. Been wanting those since WW or CF :(

Robin64

Finally nabbed a MHS amiibo now that the game is out here (and it's good!), so was able to unlock this in New Leaf!

top_0002y8sjk.png

Unicorn

NEED. combines 2 of my favorite things. My friend is getting some too, so hopefully I can also get the cat neighbor.

That rath armor needs to be mine ASAP.

I'm trying to do the HHA theme challenge, and while I have the exterior nailed down, the interior eludes me. I'm a little confused about it, reading various places about it, I thought I could basically just fill one or two items with theme items and easily make my way to the goal, but having (mostly) filled two rooms with harmonious stuff, and the green series of furniture in a third room, I still seem to be topping out at like 200k. Do all items need to have a face accessible? (No burying mush hangars behind other furniture?) Do rooms that don't fit the theme count AGAINST your accrued points? Do duplicate items count? What about just duplicates in one room? Do you get point bonuses from series and sets that share the theme? If series bonuses do work, can you use the same series in multiple rooms?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm trying to do the HHA theme challenge, and while I have the exterior nailed down, the interior eludes me. I'm a little confused about it, reading various places about it, I thought I could basically just fill one or two items with theme items and easily make my way to the goal, but having (mostly) filled two rooms with harmonious stuff, and the green series of furniture in a third room, I still seem to be topping out at like 200k. Do all items need to have a face accessible? (No burying mush hangars behind other furniture?) Do rooms that don't fit the theme count AGAINST your accrued points? Do duplicate items count? What about just duplicates in one room? Do you get point bonuses from series and sets that share the theme? If series bonuses do work, can you use the same series in multiple rooms?

It's been ages, but stuff I remember there being penalties for:

-stuff on the ground when it can be placed on a table
-stuff facing a wall when it can be interacted with

Stuff you get bonus points for:

-having a bed, chair, table, dresser, and wardrobe (and more points if they're from the same set)
-having stuff of the same theme in one room of course

if you want more in-depth I'd go on gamefaqs and look up Liquefy's FAQ, I'm sure the info is there. Just search for Happy Home Academy.

piggychan

It's been a while since I last touched this but iirc don't bother with duplicates even if they are in different rooms as I'm sure they deduct points unless you change one at Reese's. My house the inside just looked like junk shop but everything was accessible even when rolling over a bed to get to it.

Sadly I don't think I can access miiverse anymore since most of my updated pics were on there and neither do I have a 3DS anymore.. but these are my older pics I can salvage.

XMPIeWc.jpg
IIsplY9.jpg

The space ship themed room I have duplicate of the holographic image thing, One was upgraded using Reese.
Vu8rptN.jpg
AWipiJ8.jpg

Even when I placed a photo infront of another I could still access them and iirc there is an item infront of the christmas tree but then the tree had no use when you touched it.
4b8j6uh.jpg

I think you still need to apply the ACNL Feng Shui rules of items with certain colors placed North, East, South and West.

As Niraj mentioned having complete sets with the basics helped along with having smaller sets placed inside a room and iirc the basement doesn't count.

Awesome, thank you both for the help! I'll get rid of the duplicates and focus on filling out the rest of my house with appropriate items.

mantidor

My new 3DS was stolen and I have never been hurt so much as losing my AC town and history, 5 years gone, fortunately I could at least recover the games with Nintendo customer support.

However it has been interesting to start over, I chose a town layout much more according to what I want, but damn, the game is slow at the beginning, I cannot even change the town music and flag until tomorrow.

Niraj

My new 3DS was stolen and I have never been hurt so much as losing my AC town and history, 5 years gone, fortunately I could at least recover the games with Nintendo customer support.

However it has been interesting to start over, I chose a town layout much more according to what I want, but damn, the game is slow at the beginning, I cannot even change the town music and flag until tomorrow.

That really sucks, same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I was lucky enough that my friend helped me out and I got my town back via my dream town, but it really sucked, so I feel for you. I wasn't even going to start over. Let me know if you need help with anything in the game sometime. Can hook you up with bells or any items you'd like me to order.

mantidor

That really sucks, same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I was lucky enough that my friend helped me out and I got my town back via my dream town, but it really sucked, so I feel for you. I wasn't even going to start over. Let me know if you need help with anything in the game sometime. Can hook you up with bells or any items you'd like me to order.

Damn I never set the dream town, I always postponed it until I had my "perfect" town.

It's ok, thanks for your concern, it's been so long that I'm actually enjoying the process of setting stuff up again, my only problem is the time restraints but I don't want to time travel.

Robin64

Yeah, I lost my town a while back too, and the beginning when starting again is rough. We know all the fun things you can do in the game, and they're like "nah bruv".

mantidor

"you need a permit to do public projects!"

"You need to raise your approval rating to get the permit!"

"To raise your approval you should build public projects!"

Lol I didn't remember the game being so obtuse at the beginning, now I'm realizing that even if you meet all the conditions for that initial 100% approval it still takes actual time before it reaches the actual 100%.

I'm going to relax with this new endeavour, I remember someone around here who described AC perfectly, the game is like growing a bonsai tree, you nurture it, you give it a few (many) minutes of your day, but you can never rush it.

Roto13

So this site is obviously done for. Where's Animal Crossing GAF going to go? I know I haven't been around in forever, but I'll be super sad if I can't play with you guys whenever Animal Crossing Switch comes out.

Niraj

So this site is obviously done for. Where's Animal Crossing GAF going to go? I know I haven't been around in forever, but I'll be super sad if I can't play with you guys whenever Animal Crossing Switch comes out.

There's a Discord server some of us have been on for a few. Quote to reveal the invite link:

aside from that, not sure.

MicH

I was surprisingly sad at the possibility of never talking to you guys again :( Gotta join more GAF discords

Looking forward to seeing what AC mobile is!

Chopper

I posted my opinion in the Mobile ND thread:

It seems appropriate that an Animal Crossing thread is where I state my opinion on all of this.

You are my people. You are the reason I have loved this site for the best part of a decade.

And I'm here for the games.

I hope this game is great, and I hope I can continue to rely on you guys to help me make the most out of it. Thanks.

The idea of playing any AC (and many other Nintendo games) without you guys in the future made me surprisingly sad. Whilst I hope the majority of you decide to hang around, I don't blame those of you that don't. But don't leave me hanging!

Robin64

I posted my opinion in the Mobile ND thread:

The idea of playing any AC (and many other Nintendo games) without you guys in the future made me surprisingly sad. Whilst I hope the majority of you decide to hang around, I don't blame those of you that don't. But don't leave me hanging!

Come join the Discord! That way, even if we're split on forums, we'll all be there.

Daedardus

There's a Discord server some of us have been on for a few. Quote to reveal the invite link:

Can I join the Discord, too? Haven't been active in this thread but I've been a big AC fan all my life and with the mobile game possible coming soon and an eventual Switch game I'm looking to get back into the AC community side.

mantidor

I need to check this Discord place.

Edit:OMG I just saw the news, I was a bit baffled why everyone was sad about not being able to play with anyone else.

Wolfe

Whenever I see the NL logo on my 3DS home screen I think of this thread, you guys have infected my brain.

Last time I checked my town Wendy had moved back in and I closed the game in disgust, I like to imagine it's a ghost town now with dead trees and tumbleweeds blowing around in the wind :p

Niraj

Everyone here is welcome to the Discord of course, no need to ask.

Whenever I see the NL logo on my 3DS home screen I think of this thread, you guys have infected my brain.

Last time I checked my town Wendy had moved back in and I closed the game in disgust, I like to imagine it's a ghost town now with dead trees and tumbleweeds blowing around in the wind :p

Nerd.

Jacknapes

Added myself to the Discord, after the weekend, i've learned the importance of them more now.

Anyway, looking forward to November and seeing the mobile Animal Crossing. It's a perfect platform for this type of game.

Anyway, New Leaf question. Everyone set with candies for Halloween?

celebi23

So, I've visited Katrina and had my fortune told way over 20 times and she still hasn't mentioned setting up her shop. Is it really 20 times or more than that?

LoveCake

So, I've visited Katrina and had my fortune told way over 20 times and she still hasn't mentioned setting up her shop. Is it really 20 times or more than that?

Have you checked the Public Works Projects?

After the 20th fortune that she tells you (or anyone from your town), she will stop you when you try to leave and will suggest building a public works project for her. The mayor of your town can then sit in the mayor chair in your town hall and choose the Fortune Teller's Shop from the list of public works projects to build.

Top Bottom