• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a yahoo public team I drafted the other day

Arencibia
Konerko
Rickie Weeks
Bautista
Reyes
Stanton
Gardener
Werth
Butler
Crisp

Hamels
Price
Axford
Marmol
Darvish
Josh Johnson
Sean Marshall
Chacin

Bench
Liriano
Zambrano
Ike Davis
Yunel Escobar
Grady Sizemore

I think I did well, gonna lead in SBs for sure

zulux21

Waiting to see the option money, but I was pretty close.

from mlbtraderumors
"The deal is worth $37.5MM over four years with a player option for 2016 at $12.5MM, tweets Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star. Gordon will earn $6MM for 2012, $9MM for 2013, $10MM for 2014, and $12.5MM for 2015, Dutton tweets."

so yeah you were close :p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
138027437.jpg

tight suit

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Some fans of Brian McCann’s old-school look behind the plate have been in a dither since the Braves catcher’s recent switch to the hockey goalie-style mask that so many catchers wear today. Gone is the metal mask and backward batting helmet he wore before.

McCann said the change was made strictly for function and not aesthetics

“I tried [the hockey-style mask] the other day and liked the vision out of it,” said the six-time All-Star. “The bars are closer to your face and you can see better.”

He said it’s lighter and “you get more breeze to your face. So it’s better all the way around. In the front it’s all open.”

McCann tried the goalie mask a few years ago when he had vision problems and briefly wore glasses while playing.

“But I didn’t really give it a chance,” he said.

This time, he’s got no plans to revert back to the traditional mask.
NHnuJ.jpg

cashman

Banned
I hope the best of both of them, but I forsee Montero feeling alot of the pressure that Smoak did last year. I know Smoak had alot of issues, but I think the pressure also influenced him alittle. Montero has a lot of pressure on him, especially considering he was traded for a top of the rotation starter.

Did Smoak hit a shit load of well hit balls right at fielders last year? That's what I remember from his short time at Texas

No. He was traded for your sins.
:jnc

Sanjuro

'soreness behind his right shoulder'

nothing more yet

If this was the NHL thread's logic, I would argue that this is great news. Yankees are just too healthy of a team. I'm not like that however, only trampolines are funny.

Is Pettite a lock for the rotation?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Love it. JP Arencibia on twitter:

jparencibia9 said:
Please realize that Opening Day at Rogers Centre is sold out so do not wear white shirts as it would be hard for us to spot #TheManInWhite

Rockies have purchased the contract of Jamie Moyer. Moyer has made the rotation and will start the second game of the season.

HE DID IT!

rekameohs

Banned
If Jamie Moyer was on the Rockies in their inaugural year (1993), he would've still been older than 22 of their 25 pitchers that played that year.

oatmeal

Banned
Question...

Do trades really happen like they do in the movie MONEYBALL?

Just...quick calls, bang you're done?

That is crazy.

oatmeal

Banned
Well it was a documentary

Right.

But seriously...do they go down that way sometimes? Just seems like you'd deliberate over a decision like that. But I'm not sure...all I have to go by is this and Little Big League.

"I have your baseball card"

newjeruse

Watched the Florida-Ole Miss game tonight.

Mike Zunino is a beast monstorious. The Astros would be foolish not to draft him 1-1. Mark Appel is fool's gold and Byron Buxton is Donovan Tate 2.0.

eznark

Banned
Right.

But seriously...do they go down that way sometimes? Just seems like you'd deliberate over a decision like that. But I'm not sure...all I have to go by is this and Little Big League.

"I have your baseball card"

Not usually no. However, if Beane is to be believed, that trade did happen in a pretty similar way. After the book came out and other GM's read his account of fucking over the other two clubs, he had a difficult time making any trade deadline deals for a couple seasons. Folks we not happy about his depiction of other GM's at told to Lewis.

Fatalah

Yankees announce opening day rotation.

Via Marc Carig, Joe Girardi announced the Yankees’ Opening Day rotation. CC Sabathia and Hiroki Kuroda will start games one and two as expected, and they’ll be followed by Phil Hughes, Ivan Nova, and Freddy Garcia in order. Michael Pineda is starting the year on the disabled list with shoulder inflammation.

First Jay Buhner, now this!

Not the worst news though -- Pineda's MRI came up clean, just inflammation. Some rest and time in the minors should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom