• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS [Mafia] [OT] No Good Karma...

Flame_AC

On Zipped talking dangers of flavor. O agree. That's why i didbt make a case out of Cabot's role. But Swamped was the kinda villain of 2 games, so if totally call it out. There are grey areas, Beast included, but Beast is certainly a threat to Seattle.

Flame_AC

Fair answer.

I honestly think Flame slipped the alignments of cab and Sky and now he's just forced to roll with it. It's the only way I can explain the repeated 100% townreads on Cabot in his next several posts. Bury the mistake in bad play, so to speak.

I'm not 100% following you. Are you saying I slipped by saying I myself was the potential scum?

On Zipped talking dangers of flavor. O agree. That's why i didbt make a case out of Cabot's role. But Swamped was the kinda villain of 2 games, so if totally call it out. There are grey areas, Beast included, but Beast is certainly a threat to Seattle.

Yeah but beast is very obviously a big bad evil scum, same with someone like Kessler, Joseph Bertrand III or Brooke Augustine.

However, I don't think any game would give us something so lucky (hey look all the bad guys are bad and all the good guys are good).

Flame_AC

Yeah but beast is very obviously a big bad evil scum, same with someone like Kessler, Joseph Bertrand III or Brooke Augustine.

However, I don't think any game would give us something so lucky (hey look all the bad guys are bad and all the good guys are good).
I agree completely. But of course if someone claimed one of those characters I'd take a much closer look at them.

I agree completely. But of course if someone claimed one of those characters I'd take a much closer look at them.

Very true. It would make me seriously wonder if there was a Tanner/Jester role...

Flame_AC

Mr. Lyncher, why the interest in the names, especially now that we know scum have fake claims? You yourself mention that using names as basis for a lynch would be a horrible thing to do, yet you do not seem to adhere to your own standards.
If I was a lynched I bet I might already have won, but alas I'm a town player. Yes, using flavor names is a horrible practice and I'd feel horrible doing it, but in Swamped's case it would have worked out. (Now you might have the small idea that I was a lyncher of Swamped which would then combo with the lynch bpmb, and while that'd be cool, unfortunately no).

It would have worked out on the case of Swamped but it'd be a bad thing to do.

Kyanrute

If I was a lynched I bet I might already have won, but alas I'm a town player. Yes, using flavor names is a horrible practice and I'd feel horrible doing it, but in Swamped's case it would have worked out. (Now you might have the small idea that I was a lyncher of Swamped which would then combo with the lynch bpmb, and while that'd be cool, unfortunately no).

It would have worked out on the case of Swamped but it'd be a bad thing to do.

If fake claims are all evil, mean and nasty characters, it is just dumb. Game breaking really. So I will not entertain the possibility with the evidence we have now.

Flame_AC

No I'm saying you accidentally revealed that you know Cabot is town and Sky is scum.

I don't know why else you would act so sure on Cabot, it's madness.

I strongly feel that Cabot is town. I know I am.

I think you are getting tripped up in assuming every post I make is my own opinion. The posts about the Blarg theory where all this started, began with the concept of Blarg being scrum. Which I do t think is true, everything that followed from that was based on that theory.

I think Cabot, myself, and to a lesser extent Blarg and SkyOdin are town.

At some point we have to make an assumption to get anywhere, I'm assuming for Day 5, at this moment, that Cabot is town. Not 100% locked in, but for the purposes of right now, it is.

SkyOdin

No I'm saying you accidentally revealed that you know Cabot is town and Sky is scum.

I don't know why else you would act so sure on Cabot, it's madness.
I'm town though. I agree with you that it was a really of pair of statements thay Flame_AC made. However, if Flame is trying to cover for a slip-up, it wouldn't be me who is the scum on the list.

To be honest though, it feels like Flame_AC is trying to use roundabout methods to paint people as scum while being able to disavow actually scum reading them. Flame is trying to have it both ways.
I strongly feel that Cabot is town. I know I am.

I think you are getting tripped up in assuming every post I make is my own opinion. The posts about the Blarg theory where all this started, began with the concept of Blarg being scrum. Which I do t think is true, everything that followed from that was based on that theory.

I think Cabot, myself, and to a lesser extent Blarg and SkyOdin are town.

At some point we have to make an assumption to get anywhere, I'm assuming for Day 5, at this moment, that Cabot is town. Not 100% locked in, but for the purposes of right now, it is.
Now you town read me? Then why make a big deal about Blarg's list? Everyone has read lists. You could pick any list anyone has made in this thread and claim that there is at least one scum on it. Why focus on this list in particular?

And why are you going through such convoluted hoops to paint me and Blarg as potential scum when you town read us and are voting for Zeusy?

Why are you even voting for Zeusy? Can you go back over your reasons for that?

Flame_AC

Now you town read me? Then why make a big deal about Blarg's list? Everyone has read lists. You could pick any list anyone has made in this thread and claim that there is at least one scum on it. Why focus on this list in particular?

And why are you going through such convoluted hoops to paint me and Blarg as potential scum when you town read us and are voting for Zeusy?

I'll go over Zeusy when I'm at a computer, I feel like it is a pretty decent case.

Again. You and Splinter are missing/leaving out the context for my Blarg discussion. I was there, right at the start of the day, surprised to see two deaths and a scum flip in Swamped. I quickly did a cursory look at some of her interactions, which I stated as such, and then made a quick case about Blarg being possible scum since, where I was it in rereading, they seemed pretty buddy buddy with one another. I then developed the case a little bit more by examining their read list. It was then that I noted the 3 town and 1 scum.

Yes It was a hastily made case, based on a quick glance at earlier days. I still don't really see this collossal slip up that y'all are putting forward. To me, if we were looking at it in a purely hypothetical situation as I kinda was, then my conclusion may not be correct, but it is at least logically consistent.

To be honest, I stand by the line of reasoning, if Blarg is scum, then the chance of scum being SkyOdin increases by a lot. Cabot too, but he's got more town cred to me than SkyOdin.

cabot

Hi,

I almost fainted today in work, first time that's ever happened. Exciting.

Anyway, From the point of view that Flame is scum and has slipped that I am not, I am struggling to understand why he's vouching for me so hard.

cabot

Unfortunately I can't post much today, and won't be there for the deadline. I'll check in on my phone during lunch. I do want to see a Ri flip so I'll keep my vote there. I'm still wary of Zipped, Waffle and Cabot. Cabot has been towning LP which is fine, but he says the LP's posts are blunt. I've had a chance to look through LP and he really feels like a null read to me. His posts actually seem quite mild to me. His posts are mostly to vote and some speculation on night actions. I would also like to see more reads from OA, I feel like he hasn't offered much on that front. I don't think I'll have a chance to re-read Splinter before day end, but that's something on my agenda because I think I've been giving him a pass. Mostly because he strongly scum-reads Cabot too. I do think it's unlikely Splinter and Cabot are on the same scum team though.

Ok, that's where things stand so far. Hope to check in later.

This post makes me continue to feel reasonably good about LP.

Don't know about Waffle or Zipped.

cabot

I'll go over Zeusy when I'm at a computer, I feel like it is a pretty decent case.

Again. You and Splinter are missing/leaving out the context for my Blarg discussion. I was there, right at the start of the day, surprised to see two deaths and a scum flip in Swamped. I quickly did a cursory look at some of her interactions, which I stated as such, and then made a quick case about Blarg being possible scum since, where I was it in rereading, they seemed pretty buddy buddy with one another. I then developed the case a little bit more by examining their read list. It was then that I noted the 3 town and 1 scum.

Yes It was a hastily made case, based on a quick glance at earlier days. I still don't really see this collossal slip up that y'all are putting forward. To me, if we were looking at it in a purely hypothetical situation as I kinda was, then my conclusion may not be correct, but it is at least logically consistent.

To be honest, I stand by the line of reasoning, if Blarg is scum, then the chance of scum being SkyOdin increases by a lot. Cabot too, but he's got more town cred to me than SkyOdin.

Why is SkyOdin a scummate of Blarg, wasn't he pushing Sky as one of his 4 scum.

Flame_AC

Why is SkyOdin a scummate of Blarg, wasn't he pushing Sky as one of his 4 scum.
If we're still in the theory of what I was talking about. Itd be bad play to have Blarg's scum list be entirely town people. This scum Blarg puts a teammate on the list.

Kalor

If we're still in the theory of what I was talking about. Itd be bad play to have Blarg's scum list be entirely town people. This scum Blarg puts a teammate on the list.

It would be a bad choice but there's always the possibility that their scum list is all town. They could have planned for the long game and hoped that this exact situation happened where someone assumed that someone on their list must be scum. Although this is all based on Blarg being scum in the first place.

Note that scum wins with majority.

Usually the scum win condition is to control 50%+1 of the votes, right? Maybe this implies the existence of a third faction? Or it's just different wording to mean the same thing because no flip has indicated a third faction (besides CCS being neutral)?

Kyanrute

Usually the scum win condition is to control 50%+1 of the votes, right? Maybe this implies the existence of a third faction? Or it's just different wording to mean the same thing because no flip has indicated a third faction (besides CCS being neutral)?

That was actually me being dumb. I was thinking that just 50% is the norm, but that'd only work in a game without additional killing roles. We had a vigi and still get to enjoy the additional kills from the mystery party X. 50%+1 is perfectly normal in a game like this.

So like, a part of me just wants to go quote all my old posts about Zeusy... would that be a bad thing y'all?

I'd rather you just make a general overview of your case with one or posts. Because walls of text generally aren't fun to go through.

I must say that some of my opinions of the newbies are tainted by the newness factor and the fact that they're in the gossip chat so I'd just really like for them to be town.

So with Zeusy, some of the questions he's ask about the nature of the chat (what does the chat indicate/who has access to the thread) didn't feel like it came from someone with outside knowledge.

Flame_AC

I'd rather you just make a general overview of your case with one or posts. Because walls of text generally aren't fun to go through.

I must say that some of my opinions of the newbies are tainted by the newness factor and the fact that they're in the gossip chat so I'd just really like for them to be town.

So with Zeusy, some of the questions he's ask about the nature of the chat (what does the chat indicate/who has access to the thread) didn't feel like it came from someone with outside knowledge.

I agree with you, but I don't think that is what I built my case around.

Also gonna throw out there that his vote just now looks horrible. No reasoning. I feel like I've explained myself well enough. If anyone has questions to ask me then actually do it, don't vote and runaway. (inb4 I was the mysterious person Zeusy referred to previously)

*Splinter

Not doing a long post now as I'm trying to sleep, but just realised there's a hole in my case on Flame.

UNVOTE

Need to think about it some more, I'll come back to it tomorrow.

Flame_AC

Not doing a long post now as I'm trying to sleep, but just realised there's a hole in my case on Flame.

UNVOTE

Was it something I said maybe? Help a townie out y'know?

Do we have a vote count?

I think I'm at 3, Zeusy at 1?

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Flame_AC (3)
SkyOdin 2595
*Splinter 2620 2680
Kyanrute 2645
Zeusy 2678

Zeusy (1)
Flame_AC 2599

No active vote for Day 5: *Splinter (has previously voted), Blargonaut, Bronx-Man, cabot, Kalor, Lone_Prodigy, OceanicAir, WaffleTaco, Zippedpinhead

Day 5 Postcount: *Splinter 19, Blargonaut 4, Bronx-Man 3, cabot 7, Flame_AC 31, Kalor 3, Kyanrute 22, Lone_Prodigy 6, OceanicAir 3, SkyOdin 4, WaffleTaco 0, Zeusy 2, Zippedpinhead 5

Day 5 ends:
pin_1503525600.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

Flame_AC

So, we'll start back when our very own Kyanrute asked me to provide a reads list in which I put Zeusy in the "Strong Scum Lean" category. It wasn't a particularly strong place to put them, but I wanted more from Zeusy as I like the interactions between him and Blarg. My hope was to get him to engage more, at least with Blarg.

I start Day 4 off by being first on the Ri' train, admittedly a wrong one I suppose. Zeusy comes in and drops a top scum list of "*Splinter, Blarg, Kalor, Kyan, LP".

Recall that I am of the opinion, since my reads list came late Day 3 and not much had changed; that, at the very least, Blarg and Splinter didn't seem like scum. Kalor was a complete mystery so I asked about that, Kyan and LP I could see scum reasons for. So I ask for some details on this and then Zeusy gives some unsatisfactory answers.

He says Kalor's inclusion was a mistake, which, okay I guess... that leaves us Splinter/Blarg/Kyan/LP.

It is also helpful to point out that there was strong anti-cabot sentiment around there, and so now the top scum list of Zeusy was 3 of our top 4 most active posters, with the other one being widely scumread.

LP is someone that at least a few of us would like to lynch, but would rather hit other targets first. None of us like the way the 10 post requirement was met as well.

So to me, alarm bells are ringing due to a list of our most active players and one player who a lot of people want to lynch. No controversial opinions. Someone else said earlier that perhaps Zeusy was just seeing scum trying to influence the game by being active (maybe he thinks I'm doing that now too, I dunno), but I feel it was more scummy than innocent.

This is where it gets 'good', kinda?:
Upon being questioned about his scum reads, he presents an okay idea about Splinter/Blarg. However, he immediately backtracks on LP and Kyan, stating
"a few have stated their reasons, I myself am not for certain where I stand on them yet...

Recall that he made that top scum list less than 24 hours prior and I don't think LP even posted in that gap and nothing major happened regardless. Why this sudden turn? I asked one question and now he's falling back on the opinions of others while taking a non committal "not certain where I stand on them" stance. What? How did that happen so fast? I'd rather have a better list of top two scum, then a list of filler of five. (also guilty of that sometimes though).

I question Zeusy further and he gets defensive and starts talking about how my interest in him is...
"quite suspicious, maybe I gotta over look the people I think are scum...
A thinly veiled 'attack' on me, essentially saying maybe he should try and dig some dirt on me if I'm gonna keep pushing him. I mean, dig away, but the defensiveness of the matter is very concerning. I then go back again, read all of Zeusy's post, and note that he made a very similar veiled threat towards a different player when he was asked some questions.

Once was a fluke perhaps, twice is a pattern of not liking questions.

He continues the threatening tone here:
I actually wasn't evening eyeing you, but now you do have my full attention.

At the moment, it is important to note that Zeusy just came in this thread today and pushed me to my 4th out of 7 possible votes with literally no reasoning... I wonder if he thinks he saw me on a backfoot and tried to take out someone who strongly scumreads him... food for thought?

I then go digging further into all of Zeusy's actions in the game and notice his Blarg tunnel, all the way since Day 1. I brought up the possibility that Zeusy is a lyncher, could possibly make sense with their pseudo-obsession with Blarg. (Sure, reflect it back on me and say I'm a lyncher and Zeusy is my target, whatever, I at least have/am building a case).

Zeusy claims his Blarg targetting was due to a post made in jest asking for a role claim, reasonable excuse I guess? Around here he thinks I
have realized that you (Flame_AC) messed up and are quickly shifting blame? Not sure but you said it yourself maybe we are not on the same team.
I agree we're probably not on the same team, I even mentioned I'd have thunderdomed him then and there if I could.

Waffle comes in with a weird post exclaiming that town would have a victory that day (it didn't). I guess she saw Zeusy and I going at it and assumed one of us would be lynched...

Then I hop around in the cabot/Blarg exchange for a little bit.

I don't recall the exact order here, but wanna throw it out there that completely out of the blue, going against everything discussed above. Zeusy decides to throw a vote on Zipped, one of the few people who are scumreading Swamped... (hmmmmmmmmmm!)

I point out how ridiculous it was since Zipped wasn't even in the top 5 4 2 scum that Zeusy had given just like 30 hours before.

And then that was kinda it for our interactions and now here we are, I'm still waving the Zeusy = scum flag. Also, the Zipped vote kinda makes a bit more sense if we have a Swamped/Zeusy scum team.

What say all of y'all? Sorry for the wall, I know you didn't want one, but when someone is so scummy like Zeusy, ;)

SkyOdin

I think that some of Flame's statements about Zeusy feel like a bit of a stretch, such as presuming that Waffletaco was talking about Flame and Zeusy's interactions. Other parts do seem to have good reasoning, though. I need to go back and reread Zeusy's posts myself to form a better opinion of my own.

Flame_AC

I think that some of Flame's statements about Zeusy feel like a bit of a stretch, such as presuming that Waffletaco was talking about Flame and Zeusy's interactions. Other parts do seem to have good reasoning, though. I need to go back and reread Zeusy's posts myself to form a better opinion of my own.

On the WaffleTaco interpretation, I can see where you're coming from; however, at that time of the Day, not that much was going on. It was pre Blarg/cabot (definitely not Splinter) arguing. So if it wasn't Zeusy/myself she was referring, then I'm not sure what it'd be, most everything else was standard stuff I believe. I feel like someone asked her about it, but I don't believe we ever got anything out of it.

Zeusy

I agree with you, but I don't think that is what I built my case around.

Also gonna throw out there that his vote just now looks horrible. No reasoning. I feel like I've explained myself well enough. If anyone has questions to ask me then actually do it, don't vote and runaway. (inb4 I was the mysterious person Zeusy referred to previously)

Oh get off me flame, "looks horrible"? You been on my ass for 2 days now, if anything my vote for you has the most backing than anyone else... Told ya you'd step on your tail all I'd have to do is wait. And wait I did.

Flame_AC

Oh get off me flame, "looks horrible"? You been on my ass for 2 days now, if anything my vote for you has the most backing than anyone else... Told ya you'd step on your tail all I'd have to do is wait. And wait I did.
I'm trying here. I wouldn't be so sure that the lynch of me has more support. Besides, if I do get lynched today, it won't be because of you. Look at a few of the posts above, they may not agree with me, might think I'm scum, they might even lynch me today. But I've got two people saying that, at the very least, there's some shreds/pieces of good reasoning in my posts about you. I don't see where I've stepped on my proverbial tail either...

To put it at its simplest, you, Zeusy, haven't made a case for why I'm scum. Others might have, but you haven't. You're vote came with no reasoning beyond, I dunno, hoping to get one on me?
Oh And here's my post bud. In case your memory is hazy.

:(

cabot

I'm with you here from the newness factor sort of fudging my reads, though I still stand by Waffle being a likely town, If only because she's so doggedly stuck to being really distant and suspicious, I can't imagine that would still be going on without a scum team telling her to change up.

Now, sure, maybe she never realised a scum chat existed but then it's getting into a territory of making a lot of shaky assumptions to reach a conclusion.

As for Zeusy, I've never really read anything on him. I'm not entirely convinced of Flame's case, though I'm not entirely sure what benefit a scum has on chasing Zeusy at this moment in time.

*Splinter

UNVOTE

Ok so sometimes when you're scum you see posts that you know might be useful later.

In this theory, scum-Flame had seen a post from town-Blarg that listed 3 town and a scum, and decided that would be enough to build a case once people had flipped. He screwed up however by reaching for this useful nugget too soon in the search for Content™, and accidentally revealed knowledge of the alignments of town-Cabot and scum-Sky.

What's the problem with this theory? The people in Blarg's post:
Town-Ri
Town-Cabot
Scum-Sky
Scum-Flame

That's 2 scum and 2 town! The only reason scum would keep a post like this in mind is for considering night kills, they'd never want it brought up in game again. And if Flame is the one scum on the list it's not a point he'd ever be in a position to raise, so no reason for him to keep it in mind.

That doesn't mean Flame can't be the only scum on the list, or scum at all, it just means this was a weird post and not the overeager-scum slip I thought it was.

Flame isn't completely off the hook, his strong town read of Cabot is still bonkers and I've remembered that time he suggested lynching me despite not being in favour of it. He's not my top scum anymore though, I'm probably back on the Cabot train but want to think things over a bit.

Thanks for the Zeusy recap btw, I had forgotten some of that.

Zeusy you're gonna have to do better than "suspecting me is suspicious", because right now his case against you is the towniest thing I've seen from Flame.

TL;DR "3 town 1 scum" doesn't work if Flame is scum

cabot

Right now, my top scum are L_P, Kalor, and Bronx_Man, with Ri'Orius in the maybe scum list. Three of those people voted for Isaac. That doesn't mean I think you are scum, cabot, but it does mean I doubt your premise of where the scum votes were. However, your behavior at the starts of both day 2 and today has felt insincere.

Why do you think Flame is scum now exactly?

That thing at the start of day or just cause he's claiming you're scum?

What of these 3 remainders?

cabot

I ask because when reading this section on your post replying to my theory of scum going for my wagon on D3, you said the following:

I got bad vibes about the Isaac lynch last time specifically because a bunch of people driving it were on my scum list. In comparison, the people who had votes on you were Kawl and Isaac, who we know are town, splinter and kyan, who I generally think are town, and Swamped, who I don't have a strong read on yet.

Blarg did unvote, but he was pretty prominent through the day in pushing me. I found this lack of mentioning him odd.

So a nice dirty search for posts by You containing Blarg:

I'm town though. I agree with you that it was a really of pair of statements thay Flame_AC made. However, if Flame is trying to cover for a slip-up, it wouldn't be me who is the scum on the list.

To be honest though, it feels like Flame_AC is trying to use roundabout methods to paint people as scum while being able to disavow actually scum reading them. Flame is trying to have it both ways.

I was going back over Swamped's posts to see if I could find anything of note, and this exchange jumped out at me. Flame, that is one hell of a softball question. That is not all either, you and Swamped seemed to be doing a fair bit of defending each other. You both expressed a strange interest in OA and the gossip chat as well.

And don't think I can't see you using blarg's read list to oh so subtly direct suspicion in my direction.

Vote: Flame_AC

That's.... what?

I think that is the most contradictory and confusing statement I have seen Blarg make.

Huh? Which night action? The one where CCS tried to redirect Kyan's action?

That was just me rambling about my impressions. It isn't like I made charts. Blarg probably puts more effort into his post formatting than I put into that analysis.

If anything, my problem this time around is that I have been way too lazy about this game. I need to give the thread a proper re-read, but I have been procrastinating on that. Yes, I know that makes me part of town's problem.

I... actually can believe that. I do want to hear more from Blarg though, if for no other reason than because he is entertaining.

You have so far consistently avoided making any arguments to back up your town/scum reads, Kalor. Last day phase, you voted for me, claiming that I was the only person who stood out to you. However, you were pretty blatently bandwagoning off of Kawl and Blarg's votes for me.

It feels like you are just going with the flow instead of forming your own opinions.

What is your read on cabot right now? Or how about OceanicAir?

So, can we get some thoughts on Blarg, since he's quite active.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Okay as I said, the reason I didn't respond to anyone after I posted my vote for Ri, was that I said I would not be around for the final vote, which meant I literally didn't check the thread till later that day. I was again not sure of Ri was scum, but I felt that if most people felt strongly enough I would vote for him as well.

I was very surprised at the turn of events at the end of Day 4. That was unexpected.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Give us your opinion, not the opinion of the masses, on where should we go now.
As with 34 hours left, I am not entirely sure. This day has mostly covered going after Zeusy. Now, suspicion of him has always been there, but I personally don't think that's the right course of action. Of course, I don't have any ideas myself, so...¯_(ツ)_/¯...continue with the hunt

Kyanrute

As with 34 hours left, I am not entirely sure. This day has mostly covered going after Zeusy. Now, suspicion of him has always been there, but I personally don't think that's the right course of action. Of course, I don't have any ideas myself, so...¯_(ツ)_/¯...continue with the hunt

Zeusy and Flame mainly. There is the good old cabot issue too. All in all, there should be something like three scum left still. If you had the power to lynch three people right now, who'd you pick?

Top Bottom