• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

Sushigod7

People don't read OP, news at 11.

True but it's been mentioned on about every page.

I'm seriously going to go broke buying just Final Fantasy alone. I want to replay VII, VIII (never finished) and never played IX ( I know shoot me now) and get MGS. Good news is though I'll be using my Vita.

patsu

My guess is there's some emulator wrapper or memory card meta data involved. It seems dumb to me, too.

The Content Manager needs a uniform format + descriptor to decide whether we cwn copy the games/apps into Vita. The installer file has those info.

Argyle

really?

maybe uh...you could just transfer them from the ps3 to vita even if they're "installed" on the ps3?

As I understood it, you used to be able to do this on PSP. This worked because the PS3 had the PSP signing keys in it, so it could repackage the game.

Then the PS3 got hacked, and the PSP keys were exposed, so now it's probably pretty safe to say that feature isn't coming back for the Vita.

BTW, these games worked:

Chrono Trigger (since I dunno if anyone saw my last post)
Vanguard Bandits

Eusis

Is it true you can't disable the rear touchpad?

If so, these might be unplayable for me. :(
You'd have to remap the buttons elsewhere, but if you're playing games that don't use L2/R2 or L3/R3 (not that many on PS1 did) it's a moot point. would've been nice for more options there though rather than just the back touch ALWAYS mapped to L2/R2 and L3/R3.

Tobor

You'd have to remap the buttons elsewhere, but if you're playing games that don't use L2/R2 or L3/R3 (not that many on PS1 did) it's a moot point. would've been nice for more options there though rather than just the back touch ALWAYS mapped to L2/R2 and L3/R3.

Can they be remapped to the front touchscreen?

AkuMifune

Banned
For those without a PS3, the ones listed as downloadable directly through the PSN on Vita, we should be able to buy them through Media Go, then they'll be in our download list on the Vita itself, correct?

At least I could get something today depending on what happens with the PSN store update later.

Roto13

You know, when I looked at my download list through my Vita after updating my firmware last night, it said that I couldn't download Final FAntasy VII through the Vita itself.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For those without a PS3, the ones listed as downloadable directly through the PSN on Vita, we should be able to buy them through Media Go, then they'll be in our download list on the Vita itself, correct?

At least I could get something today depending on what happens with the PSN store update later.

Yeah. Should work. I was able to buy an import (Money Idol Exchanger) through Media GO, and have it show up on the Vita Download list.

Nekobo

I finally filled up all my bubbles. All the free PSP minis and now PSOne games. And of course, I'll probably only play most of them for a few minutes at a time, haha. But yeah, folders would be nice at this point.

Cudder

Just the fact that I have to redownload my PS1 games and then wire my Vita to PS3 to transfer the games is enough of a hindrance to make me not do this.

I'll wait for the few PS1 games I have to be downloadable straight to the Vita from PSN.

KalBalboa

Banned
Just the fact that I have to redownload my PS1 games and then wire my Vita to PS3 to transfer the games is enough of a hindrance to make me not do this.

I'll wait for the few PS1 games I have to be downloadable straight to the Vita from PSN.

I just popped on my Vita last night in bed, went to remote play, and qued up a bunch that way. It's a little annoying, definitely, but I don't have a 32 gig card and my PS3 acts as a gaming "fridge."

Roto13

It's amazing how fast this 8gb memory card filled up. I have a few PSP games, a few PS1 games, and like two Vita games and they don't all fit on it.

This isn't my Vita (I'm borrowing it from a friend) and it's really cemented my plan to not buy one until 32GB cards aren't stupidly expensive.

KalBalboa

Banned
It's amazing how fast this 8gb memory card filled up. I have a few PSP games, a few PS1 games, and like two Vita games and they don't all fit on it.

This isn't my Vita (I'm borrowing it from a friend) and it's really cemented my plan to not buy one until 32GB cards aren't stupidly expensive.

I'm hoping for a $50 32 gig on Black Friday.

MrBeggar

anyone playing FF8?
My game is lagging badly right at the beginning.
Even the name entry scene input etc... and the convos are taking forever to pop up.

KalBalboa

Banned
i dont get you sony....they wanna beat nintendo in this handheld race yet they do weird shit like this. makes no sense.

Other than repackaged N64 remakes sold for $40, what N64/SNES games did they grandfather in?

(I'm being a dick, I admit, but I owned a 3DS for a few months and got weary after Star Fox).

Top Bottom