• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Love how 99% of the time the boss of pro difficulty snorts your friend unit.

Hey player, fuck you.

Also is there a way to quit a battle? It's pointless to try if friend dies and cannot find a way to flee so I just have to sit there and slowly die.

SeanTSC

Thank god the arena is full of 100% evade Noctis, IT BALANCES EVERYTHING!!!!THANKS GUMI!!!!!!

Evade characters are so obnoxious, I'd probably use different characters if not for them. I don't see changing my Ling + 2x Noctis + 2x ExDeath team anytime soon regardless of any other units I get. Pure melee is just too much of a liability and Magic Chains are a must at high ranks imo.

across

... who are y'all gunning for?

Rikku
Amelia (two 65% Mustadios waiting in the wings for this)
Ashe - Balthier would be awesome but I won't/can't chase him
Prishe - may chase if enough time elapses between now and her release
Meliadoul
Beatrix
2B

I recognize the power of units like Tidus, Onion Knight, Dark/Fire Veritas, Nyx etc. but fav factor isn't there enough to chase. I'd probably shoot for Noctis if he came back on a non-split Player's Choice banner, for his TM if nothing else.

edit: hey, I'm a member. The trick to not getting banned as a junior on GAF is to make your first 300 posts in a community thread. #lifehacks

edit: hey, I'm a member. The trick to not getting banned as a junior on GAF is to make your first 300 posts in a community thread. #lifehacks

That's what I did!

Anyway, we're basically of like minds (except I DO want Balthier), though I don't care one bit about Nier: Automata, since I haven't played it. If Gumi were smart (read: devious), they'd launch the FFXII banner to coincide with the release of the FFXII remaster. (If they were truly devious, they'd offer a free Ashe, Vaan, and Penelo to anyone who bought the game.)

FFXII is my favorite FF, along with V and XV. If there's a good XII banner, I'm done.

But yeah, is no one hoarding for Aileen anymore? Seems her star tanked rather quickly.

Kettch

Hey player, fuck you.

Also is there a way to quit a battle? It's pointless to try if friend dies and cannot find a way to flee so I just have to sit there and slowly die.

I use provoke on one of my Terras, and she gets snorted almost every time, so I assume it works for that.

tuffymon

Hey player, fuck you.

in the menu button in the upper right, theres a give up option

across

FFXII is my favorite FF, along with V and XV. If there's a good XII banner, I'm done.

So here's the thing with that, for me. I'm a huge Matsuno stan. Ogre Battle was one of my absolute favorite games of all time, Tactics Ogre may actually be my favorite game of all time, Vagrant Story is in the top 10 easy, I love Final Fantasy Tactics, hell, I enjoyed Crimson Shroud. But I never played XII. Through a series of boring circumstances, I just never got around to doing it.

I'm pretty sure I'll like it. I'm 99.9% sure if the remaster drops on PC I'll buy it and play it. But as of yet, that favorite factor isn't there for me to chase Balthier (who I understand is a great character)

Lyrian

Hey player, fuck you.

Yeah, PRO this time around is rather obnoxious.

You should be able to press Menu --> Give Up (top of screen).

ELT is just as rude. Ultima Weapon pretty much has to be one-shotted from over half life, or else pray to RNGesus that you even get another turn.

Mind Blast is just as bullshit as Golbez was back in the day, and if not that, then everyone can get hit by a non-resistable buffed Meteor for AoE 7k damage to drive the point home.

Already dropped a number of runs from accidentally hitting it too hard on the opening round. Frustrating.

Ken

q6tyIWE.png

whew. staving off spending lapis for T. Terra

Don't worry the hype will come back the moment we hear about the banner announcement...

Very true. Do we have any idea what the consolation prizes on that banner are? Do we even know Aileen's next?

pretty sure we have some people going for 2 a/eileens

I'll wait for Lyrian's statistically sourced, peer-reviewed research (with footnotes) detailing how well she chains with other party members. Only partially kidding. I love Lyrian posts. He's singlehandedly convinced me to make Garnet great again.

So here's the thing with that, for me. I'm a huge Matsuno stan. Ogre Battle was one of my absolute favorite games of all time, Tactics Ogre may actually be my favorite game of all time, Vagrant Story is in the top 10 easy, I love Final Fantasy Tactics, hell, I enjoyed Crimson Shroud. But I never played XII. Through a series of boring circumstances, I just never got around to doing it.

I'm pretty sure I'll like it. I'm 99.9% sure if the remaster drops on PC I'll buy it and play it. But as of yet, that favorite factor isn't there for me to chase Balthier (who I understand is a great character)

See, I've never played Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre, but FFT -- yes. Crimson Shroud? One of my favorite 3DS games! $5 for 20 hours of D&D-inspired writing with style? Yes, please.

And I can already imagine the Ashley Riot unit. At 6*, Level 100, he learns "I am the reinforcements" which grants +1000% to all stats if alone.

tuffymon

Could the Nier collab come over and surprise us next week or anything, or is that beyond doubtful? I feel having it 6+ months away when the release was just 1 1/2 months ago seems silly to not capitalize on that... >.>;

Ken

I'll wait for Lyrian's statistically sourced, peer-reviewed research (with footnotes) detailing how well she chains with other party members. Only partially kidding. I love Lyrian posts. He's singlehandedly convinced me to make Garnet great again.

afaik she's a difficult chainer cause she has to move in her animation and also her frame data doesn't mesh well with many units pre-enhancement. she also runs into the same problem as fryevia because of the scarcity of earth element weapons though she'll probably be a more common companion unit than fry.

dunno how accurate this is but:

- Vaan's Assault Strike (アサルトストライク)
- Edgar's Chainsaw (かいてんのこぎり)
- M. Ramza's Sword of Justice (正義の剣)
- Nyx's King's Sword (王の剣)
- Lorraine's Blade Prison (ブレイドプリズン)
- E. Terra's Chaos Wave 2 (ケイオスウェイヴ 2)
- Gouken's Tiger's Fist (虎剛の拳)
- Gouken's Dragon Kick (龍柔の脚)
- Eileen's Piledriver (+2) (パイルドライバー)

tuffymon

Very true. Do we have any idea what the consolation prizes on that banner are? Do we even know Aileen's next?

See, I've never played Ogre Battle or Tactics Ogre, but FFT -- yes. Crimson Shroud? One of my favorite 3DS games! $5 for 20 hours of D&D-inspired writing with style? Yes, please.

The reddit character list groups by banner, so this could be wrong but...

Soze 4-6 with a +20% ATK/HP & Recover 3% MP per Turn trust, i like it

Heretic 3-5 with a +15% MAG/MP & +20% Dark Resist

Ulrikia 3-5 tm acts like demonic life (60% bonus under 50%)

Eileen 5-6 135 ATK Earth Element spear

Both ogre and tactics are great games, you can find both roms for snes easily these days... tactics however had an updated release for vita? within the last few years adding in a lot of new stuff.

across

Could the Nier collab come over and surprise us next week or anything, or is that beyond doubtful? I feel having it 6+ months away when the release was just 1 1/2 months ago seems silly to not capitalize on that... >.>;

Be careful what you wish for.

If it came over, the units would be reduced in power similarly to Noctis - 9S's TM alone would need an almost complete rebalance. 21O could probably be ported over as is, the others would eat nerfs of varying levels.

You aren't wrong re: capitalizing on Nier's current buzz, but just be aware of what'll come if it actually happens.

Chinner

Banned
Be careful what you wish for.

If it came over, the units would be reduced in power similarly to Noctis - 9S's TM alone would need an almost complete rebalance. 21O could probably be ported over as is, the others would eat nerfs of varying levels.

You aren't wrong re: capitalizing on Nier's current buzz, but just be aware of what'll come if it actually happens.
I wish they would actually say if they will bring noctis back to JPN level eventually or if they will do it by enhancements.

across

I wish they would actually say if they will bring noctis back to JPN level eventually or if they will do it by enhancements.

Since nearly every one of his abilities are different from the JP version, you're looking at the following possibilities, in descending order of likelihood:

1) GL's version is never totally brought to parity with the JP version, but enhancements restore functionality (at +1) and increase power above JP unenhanced versions (at +2) to Warp Break, Point Warp, and Link. Ring of the Lucii isn't getting buffed.
2) GL's version is across-the-board upgraded to the JP version around the time that the JP version gets enhancements. Ring of the Lucii would get buffed maybe? This coincides with a Player's Choice banner in GL so we can all try to get him again for the third god damned time fucking hell I want Alterna alrea--
3) GL's version is restored to JP functionality through an all-new character-wide enhancement functionality that is coded specifically for one unit in GL and is never utilized again because developers love creating new systems that will be used once. Ring of the Lucii isn't getting buffed.
4) Noctis is deleted from your unit list and replaced with Lightning except she has blue hair and her attack animation now features dramatic slowdown at random times as though Zack Snyder was choreographing it. Ring of the Lucii is replaced with a unique version of the Aurora Scarf that duplicates the slowdown effect for your other characters.

desverger

4) Noctis is deleted from your unit list and replaced with Lightning except she has blue hair and her attack animation now features dramatic slowdown at random times as though Zack Snyder was choreographing it. Ring of the Lucii is replaced with a unique version of the Aurora Scarf that duplicates the slowdown effect for your other characters.

Oboy.

Congrats on Member status!

Doctor_No

Looks like someone on JP server legitimately completed two Exceed Rings (Ring of Dominon)

His Twitter has the rates for mats.

Both Exceed Rings took around ~520 rings (not including Hero Rings) each to make. Mat rates around 1~3%.

x4q2bb1.jpg

Rates for 1st Exceed Ring
520 rings made total;
99 Monarch's Ring
169 Ring of Dominion
252 Ruler's Ring

qRq007M.png

Rates for 2nd Ring

Rates for 2nd Exceed Ring
517 rings made total;
274 Monarch's Ring
141 Ring of Dominion
102 Ruler's Ring
Lk5JtpE.png

bonkeng

Some asked yesterday if Setzer chains with Yun (I think it was crzyivan).

They do chain easily, but I can't find the right timing yet for the full 19 hits.

ByYEbSY.gif

c-murph

Ah Yeah!

It my favorite time of the month. TM Completion Time.

All five are approaching completion and should be done by tomorrow.

First up is Shine with Quick Assault No.3 GET!

Alkez

Thanks! My interview went well, and some unexpected people pulled some strings... and I got the position.

Congrats Lyrian :)

But yeah, is no one hoarding for Aileen anymore? Seems her star tanked rather quickly.

I will be going for Eileen, but after recent luck with summoning I don't know how hard I'll go. The only other unit I'll consider chasing is Ayaka.

Units I'll dip my toe in for though are mostly the usual suspects: Rikku, Ashe, Balthier, possibly Prishe, and Victoria. There are more I want for their TMs but these are units I want simple for the unit.

Chinner

Banned
Well, I'm giving up on this event now.

Got 10 tickets, will do the daily missions and pick off a few things (tabby suit etc) but rates are too poor and I'd rather TM grind. My attempts for Setzer have been unsuccessful, but no doubt I'll pull 10 of him in 6 months time.

Celegus

You don't have to do anything special to fight the bonus monster right? I haven't seen one yet and have spent all my energy on ELT since it started.

Malakhov

Banned
I... honestly don't even know what units I'm looking forward to at this point besides Rikku and (okay, there it is) Onion Knight. We're at this weird stage where enhancements will make characters we've already got exceptionally useful. See, e.g., Ramza, Agrias and, in my case, Randi.

I guess these are the ones I'm interested in:

Rikku
Onion Knight
Balthier
Ashe
Amelia
Lasswell 2.0

Rikku, Ashe, Tilith and will go all in on onion knight. Might do a few 10+1 pulls on the tidus banner that includes Rikku but thats it, no interest in Aileen whatsoever.

Malakhov

Banned
You don't have to do anything special to fight the bonus monster right? I haven't seen one yet and have spent all my energy on ELT since it started.
No, it just appears randomly. There's two types of them but that was the first time I encountered both.

Daily pull today was Gau.

So I have Setzer and Gau. 15 tickets, 1x 4* ticket and 1,500 lapis remain.

I should stop now, shouldn't I? Lol. Not going to land Trance Terra.

Some asked yesterday if Setzer chains with Yun (I think it was crzyivan).

They do chain easily, but I can't find the right timing yet for the full 19 hits.

ByYEbSY.gif

Thanks you for this! It confirms that I should be doing Setzer first. I was pushing Yun first. Am I right in thinking that it should be Setzer then almost immediately after Yun?

I'd really love for any of you JP folks to add me if you have a spot to spare. Currently I'm sharing an Ayala, not maxed, but working on it. Have some other decent units but I have been playing on and off with this account and have now decided to have it be my main JP one.

Just finished summoning my last 400k metal eggs I had left. Up to 15 Burst Pots for OK! As for who I will be shooting for in the future. 2 Eileen...2 Tidus...2 OK...1 Cloud. 1 of each of the 5* Veritas and then I don't know outside of those. Oh and Rikku of course.

Just finished summoning my last 400k metal eggs I had left. Up to 15 Burst Pots for OK! As for who I will be shooting for in the future. 2 Eileen...2 Tidus...2 OK...1 Cloud. 1 of each of the 5* Veritas and then I don't know outside of those. Oh and Rikku of course.

youll get them all on dailies i imagine

you bastard

Malakhov

Banned
I'm at 30k fish, going at 1/3rd your rate haha

ಠ╭╮ಠ
To be honest I did two lapis refresh and I gained a rank for a complete refill. I was super lucky for bonus encounters though and going with 5 bonus units + olive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom