• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Blinck

https://twitter.com/i/moments/900103507394560001

Compilation of all my DLC gifs plus a link to the main game gifs included.

I've just got a couple bosses left now before I'm finished with the game. It's a masterpiece and easily turned into one of my favorite games of all time. At just over 80 hours played spread over the course of 2 months I'm just a little sad it's coming to an end.

These gifs are wonderful, thank you for taking the time to make them and share.

This is seriously one of the best looking games ever when you put animation, lighting, atmosphere and just overall fucking style together. There's just nothing else like it.

Wamb0wneD

Soooo I'm at Ludwig.... Yeah... 30 tries and nothing lmao. What an asshole he is. I only managed to get him to half HP once and screwed up afterwards. Since then his random attack patterns really fuck me up every single time.

God I hate this "guy". First boss that I needed more than 10 tries for... Is there anyone to summon? I think I'll do that for the first time since I started playing lol.

kikiribu

Ludwig was very easily the hardest boss in the game for me. Not even Orphan gave me that much trouble.

But he becomes easier when he transforms. Did you at least reach that phase?

Wamb0wneD

Ludwig was very easily the hardest boss in the game for me. Not even Orphan gave me that much trouble.

But he becomes easier when he transforms. Did you at least reach that phase?

Once, yeah. Then i screwed up when he did some AOE and since the last 20 tries he just wrecks my shit every time. I manage to "crack up" one side of him every time but yeah... No can do it seems. I'm even a bit overleveled according to guides lol. But i skilled a bit wrong and got 22 vitality and 22 endurance atm.

Soooo I'm at Ludwig.... Yeah... 30 tries and nothing lmao. What an asshole he is. I only managed to get him to half HP once and screwed up afterwards. Since then his random attack patterns really fuck me up every single time.

God I hate this "guy". First boss that I needed more than 10 tries for... Is there anyone to summon? I think I'll do that for the first time since I started playing lol.

Other than players, you can summon Valtr for this fight. His summon spot is right next to that gate with the corpse banging its head. That corpse also always drops 5 blood vials, incase you need to restock quickly.

He's easily one of the most brutal bosses in the game, if you can repeatedly stagger him in his first phase the fight goes a lot smoother.

Wamb0wneD

Other than players, you can summon Valtr for this fight. His summon spot is right next to that gate with the corpse banging its head. That corpse also always drops 5 blood vials, incase you need to restock quickly.

He's easily one of the most brutal bosses in the game, if you can repeatedly stagger him in his first phase the fight goes a lot smoother.

Playing with the cane so it's kinda hard. The trick state deals a lot of damage but it's too slow for him and the normal state manages to stagger sometimes but is kinda unreliable in my experience and i can never tell when to stop before he goes nuts again.

Good to know about the gate/summon spot, I always run past it because of that cannon giant. Thanks!
Summoning Valtr should make staggering easier I guess. If he doesn't get killed by something like the charge attack that is...
Can't summon players because no PS+ :/

gogosox82

Playing with the cane so it's kinda hard. The trick state deals a lot of damage but it's too slow for him and the normal state manages to stagger sometimes but is kinda unreliable in my experience and i can never tell when to stop before he goes nuts again.

Good to know about the gate/summon spot, I always run past it because of that cannon giant. Thanks!
Summoning Valtr should make staggering easier I guess. If he doesn't get killed by something like the charge attack that is...
Can't summon players because no PS+ :/

What are you gems? Asking because I really had no issues with Ludwig on ng++ and I used the cane exclusively on that build but I had 27% attack up gems so melting through his health bar with those gems, a beast pellet, and some fire paper wasn't that bad.

Wamb0wneD

What are you gems? Asking because I really had no issues with Ludwig on ng++ and I used the cane exclusively on that build but I had 27% attack up gems so melting through his health bar with those gems, a beast pellet, and some fire paper wasn't that bad.
I got the best + % damage gems in there I have. Did you use the normal or trick cane more? Trick does more damage because he's a beast no?

Wouldn't the beast pellet also increase the damage i get? I don't like getting oneshotted but maybe the most important thing is to get to the second phase of the fight fast enough. I guess fire paper would work, got 25 Arcane so maybe that does something.

gogosox82

I got the best + % damage gems in there I have. Did you use the normal or trick cane more? Trick does more damage because he's a beast no?

Wouldn't the beast pellet also increase the damage i get? I don't like getting oneshotted but maybe the most important thing is to get to the second phase of the fight fast enough. I guess fire paper would work, got 25 Arcane so maybe that does something.

Well it maybe worth it to go and farm some gems in the chalice dungeons if you don't have the highest attack up gems. Basically if you don't have at least 20% attack up gems in all three slots, your going to have a hard time unless your really, really good at the game.

Depends. Normally I start out in cane and the switch to whip mode when I get a stun. Damage is better with whip mode in first phase because the serration bonus whip mode gets. Second phase I find cane mode to be better because its faster. The damage you take from the beast pellet depends on how much insight you have. More insight= less beasthood which means you can get to max beasthood quicker which makes you damage insane but if you get hit, it will hurt. I think I fought him with 60 insight the first time I fought him and being able to get to the second phase quickly makes the fight a lot easier.

Oh are you doing an arcane build? It makes sense why you are having trouble then. I did this on a skill build. You should probably get some nourishing or arcane up gems before trying him again. Your probably not going to be able to do enough damage to kill him.

Wamb0wneD

Well it maybe worth it to go and farm some gems in the chalice dungeons if you don't have the highest attack up gems. Basically if you don't have at least 20% attack up gems in all three slots, your going to have a hard time unless your really, really good at the game.

Depends. Normally I start out in cane and the switch to whip mode when I get a stun. Damage is better with whip mode in first phase because the serration bonus whip mode gets. Second phase I find cane mode to be better because its faster. The damage you take from the beast pellet depends on how much insight you have. More insight= less beasthood which means you can get to max beasthood quicker which makes you damage insane but if you get hit, it will hurt. I think I fought him with 60 insight the first time I fought him and being able to get to the second phase quickly makes the fight a lot easier.

Oh are you doing an arcane build? It makes sense why you are having trouble then. I did this on a skill build. You should probably get some nourishing or arcane up gems before trying him again. Your probably not going to be able to do enough damage to kill him.

Yeah I think I don't have 20% everywhere but im on NG so maybe I'll be ok.
I'm actually doing a hybrid lol. I got 30 skill and 25 arcane but only 22 vitality and 22 endurance. As I said I kinda fucked up xD. For some reason I thought soft cap on Skill and Strenght was 30 and 25 on Vit and Endurance when in fact it's the other way round. Oh well.. It'll try fire paper and/or beast pellets later after I farmed some Vials, thanks in advance!

gogosox82

Yeah I think I don't have 20% everywhere but im on NG so maybe I'll be ok.
I'm actually doing a hybrid lol. I got 30 skill and 25 arcane but only 22 vitality and 22 endurance. As I said I kinda fucked up xD. For some reason I thought soft cap on Skill and Strenght was 30 and 25 on Vit and Endurance when in fact it's the other way round. Oh well.. It'll try fire paper and/or beast pellets later after I farmed some Vials, thanks in advance!

I think their are two summons you can use. I know you can summon Valtr if your in the covenant and I think there is another one near the lamp. Good Luck :)

Wamb0wneD

I think their are two summons you can use. I know you can summon Valtr if your in the covenant and I think there is another one near the lamp. Good Luck :)

Managed him half an hour ago!! Used up 10 insight and Beast Pellets and he killed me 2 times at 5% HP but i finally did it lmao. The 2 hunters afterwards were no slouch either. I'm sad the Holy Blade is so bad at Skill-skaling though... my Arcane stat is at 24 so it doesn't make much sense to use it...

Welp, I'll explore the Research Hall tomorrow I guess. Or maybe Cainhurst.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Whats up with the Caryll Runes? Can i use them and they will permanently boost my stats? Or should i save them for something?

Wamb0wneD

So since I beat Ludwig should I try to beat that guy who reckt Eileen? Because he got talked up so hard I didn't try him yet lol...

Whats up with the Caryll Runes? Can i use them and they will permanently boost my stats? Or should i save them for something?

You can swap them out at your leisure once you get the tool to use them in the workshop. you get the tool at Hemwicks Lane. At least I think that's how it's called.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
You can swap them out at your leisure once you get the tool to use them in the workshop. you get the tool at Hemwicks Lane. At least I think that's how it's called.

Thanks! I thought i had completely explored that area, at least untill the witches (which killed me).

Anyways, i went to the halfway submerged graveyard in the Forbidden Forest and fought the Shadow of Yharnam, I will say the boss was actually pretty hard with that superaggressive melee guy, and those two ranged fire-guys, meaning at least i got constantly hit. However, it became much easier once the quick guy was dead. I just tried to get far away from them, have him follow me quickly, slash a bit until the two other approached - and repeat. Was able to take down the boss on my first try, but used a record 18 vials. Guess i need to go back to Hemwicks Lane to get that tool next!

Wamb0wneD

You should be fine by now.

Oh my god the moment i did the last strike with my whip he shot me, killing us both. 25 k souls gone...yay...At least i got the badge i guess.

Uhhh I killed Yamamura but his sign is nowhere near the fog gate... whats going on.

Thanks! I thought i had completely explored that area, at least untill the witches (which killed me).

Anyways, i went to the halfway submerged graveyard in the Forbidden Forest and fought the Shadow of Yharnam, I will say the boss was actually pretty hard with that superaggressive melee guy, and those two ranged fire-guys, meaning at least i got constantly hit. However, it became much easier once the quick guy was dead. I just tried to get far away from them, have him follow me quickly, slash a bit until the two other approached - and repeat. Was able to take down the boss on my first try, but used a record 18 vials. Guess i need to go back to Hemwicks Lane to get that tool next!

Yeah you have to beat the Witches and after that you get the rune tool.

gogosox82

Managed him half an hour ago!! Used up 10 insight and Beast Pellets and he killed me 2 times at 5% HP but i finally did it lmao. The 2 hunters afterwards were no slouch either. I'm sad the Holy Blade is so bad at Skill-skaling though... my Arcane stat is at 24 so it doesn't make much sense to use it...

Welp, I'll explore the Research Hall tomorrow I guess. Or maybe Cainhurst.

Congrats.

Yep! Awesome stuff, glad I went back and did the stuff with Ebreitas (who I also skipped the first time through).

Glad? That you found Ebrietas? You must be crazy, lol. I kid, I kid.

That tentacled beast killed me so many times it's not even funny. Hardest boss in the base game by far. Third/fourth hardest in the game including the DLC.

Raptor

vOH0jvk.gif

Chikage, my favorite weapon and to me the most OP with the right gems, followed by the pizza cutter.

Amazing gifs man.

Bladelaw

Can someone convince me to not finish the chalice dungeons? It's the only thing keeping me from platinum and I'm not sure I want to deal with the defiled chalice.

sphinx

the piano man
Can someone convince me to not finish the chalice dungeons? It's the only thing keeping me from platinum and I'm not sure I want to deal with the defiled chalice.

what's the problem?

most bosses can be beaten with summons nearby if you're having trouble.

Bladelaw

what's the problem?

most bosses can be beaten with summons nearby if you're having trouble.
Mostly the horror stories of trying to get through the defiled chalice. I've done well enough to get through ailing loran and stopped there since I had all weapons.

gogosox82

Mostly the horror stories of trying to get through the defiled chalice. I've done well enough to get through ailing loran and stopped there since I had all weapons.

Personally, I didn't think it was that bad. I had more trouble with Keeper of the Old Lords than with Watchdogs or Amy. People just don't like the one shots which happens because your hp is halved. I will say that Yharman is a fun fight and worth fighting so to me its worth it.

Personally, I didn't think it was that bad. I had more trouble with Keeper of the Old Lords than with Watchdogs or Amy. People just don't like the one shots which happens because your hp is halved. I will say that Yharman is a fun fight and worth fighting so to me its worth it.

Yea Yharnam was a really cool fight. Lorewise, as well as combat wise. Easily the best boss in the chalice dungeons... which isn't saying too much admittedly.

I'm still laughing at how they made the giant boar mob an actual boss in one of the dungeons lol.

head to the back of the area when they are about to do that spark attack that falls from heaven. the attack doesn't hit you there, then continue spamming attacks.
This, or just hide behind the big pillar in the middle of the arena. Or, if your feeling bold, run up to one of them while they're calling in the meteors and backstab him, then visceral him right before the meteors land. You won't get hurt while the visceral animation plays.

MrMatt555

Looking on starting this game with an emphasis on guns. Is that viable? First time player here. Surely not all guns are used for just a means of staggering, actually have high dps right? What are some good build ideas, im just coming off of dark souls 3 and need more From in my veins.

Plz help!

xuchu

Looking on starting this game with an emphasis on guns. Is that viable? First time player here. Surely not all guns are used for just a means of staggering, actually high do right? What are some good build ideas, im just coming off of dark souls 3 and need more From in my veins.

Plz help!

Guns don't really do a lot of damage and are mainly used for parries.

However, you sorta could make gun build work if you level your bloodtinge stat up. Evelyn is great high damage gun that has bloodtinge scaling and there's also a double barrel gun (I forget the name) that does high damage but uses 2 bullets per shot.

There is a strength scaling cannon but I think they nerfed it very early on so it's hard to make a build around that. There is also a
Gatling gun
in the dlc which is quite Good and I'm sure you can make build centered around it. You could even suicide run to the weapon as soon as you unlock the dlc.

As bullets are a finite resource, you'll want to make use of blood bullets (press up on the dpad to sacrifice some hp for 5 blood bullets) and equip runes that increase your max bullets when you unlock them.

Even with this though, you'll want to supplement this with a good weapon that will also scale with bloodtinge.

MrMatt555

Guns don't really do a lot of damage and are mainly used for parries.

However, you sorta could make gun build work if you level your bloodtinge stat up. Evelyn is great high damage gun that has bloodtinge scaling and there's also a double barrel gun (I forget the name) that does high damage but uses 2 bullets per shot.

There is a strength scaling cannon but I think they nerfed it very early on so it's hard to make a build around that. There is also a
Gatling gun
in the dlc which is quite Good and I'm sure you can make build centered around it. You could even suicide run to the weapon as soon as you unlock the dlc.

As bullets are a finite resource, you'll want to make use of blood bullets (press up on the dpad to sacrifice some hp for 5 blood bullets) and equip runes that increase your max bullets when you unlock them.

Even with this though, you'll want to supplement this with a good weapon that will also scale with bloodtinge.

Thx. Any suggestions? Preferably ones I can attain early on

Acorn

This game man, this is hands down the best souls imo. I'm roughly just over half way through and unless it shits the bed this is overtaking DS1 as my favourite from game.

I'm so lttp, I've owned the goty edition for like a year but only started playing last week.

Edit btw any advice on when I should start old hunters? What level should I be? Should I complete the main game first?

cj_iwakura

This game man, this is hands down the best souls imo. I'm roughly just over half way through and unless it shits the bed this is overtaking DS1 as my favourite from game.

I'm so lttp, I've owned the goty edition for like a year but only started playing last week.

Edit btw any advice on when I should start old hunters? What level should I be? Should I complete the main game first?
Old Hunters is damn hard. I'd complete it first if you can, though I have a bad habit of doing DLC on NG+, lol.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

the game only gets better towards the end imo. keep at it.

as for the DLC. i think 75 absolute minimum but i feel that's way too low. i was about lvl 90 when i got there and still got my ass handed to me. just depends how confident you feel and how far you've upgraded your weapons. and yes definitely complete the base game first.

I would play toh in new game+ for the extra challenge :D

Acorn

Thanks duders! I love how detailed this world is, I'm spending so much time just looking around soaking everything in.

Ferr986

Like the other Souls, is endgame content so you can do it just before the final boss. Mind you, this game puts you automatically on NG+ unlike Souls 2 or 3, but you'll know when the final boss comes.

Of course, that will make the final boss a cake because you'll be overleveled.

I think recommended levels are around 70 for NG and 120 for NG+.

kikiribu

Immediately lock on to the sword when he stabs it into the ground and shoot it from a distance. Only takes one shot each time. Logarius fights like a coward and he's extremely annoying. If you're bad at parries, I suggest you at least try to get a little better at them for this fight

Top Bottom