• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 |OT4| Official Halo Thread of Polearms and High Fashion

Forkball

New thread, same jank.

58CBD694A74D7622528B12531E6F79D5D33FF1A3

7A25B5ED333BCE78A8E024711670654BBE8C40D6

832F0D2D8127345B1DC35FEEF76EFB7F2D0D6980

A8297B693D15C6E8948072BB5C33FB79C4E2171D

5A99C15AABAF754FC75EEAD1233B681D55FAD126

075D3C9BCC657551D7F38785551C0052D58D1646

01FEF83E1666566E148127FE17E435ED20A5706B

Sianos

My clutch lag stab on an unaware Demo lost us the game on Thunder Mountain.

FORGIVE ME, BROTHERS IN ARMS ;____;

Alienups

Damn, forgot to save a replay of that epic ending on Thunder mountain.

Thanks for the Itsy Bitsy Spyer again, Matt.

Yeef

I think the mantreads are fine as they are. Goomba stomping is just a novelty, the knockback resistance really does help. That said, if you want to buff the goomba stomping ability, give it a stomp ability. Pressing your slot 2 button while in midair would make you fall straight down at double gravity. If you hit someone it's going to do tons of damage, but if you miss you'll be taking a lot of extra fall damage. Problem solved.

I think the mantreads are fine as they are. Goomba stomping is just a novelty, the knockback resistance really does help. That said, if you want to buff the goomba stomping ability, give it a stomp ability. Pressing your slot 2 button while in midair would make you fall straight down at double gravity. If you hit someone it's going to do tons of damage, but if you miss you'll be taking a lot of extra fall damage. Problem solved.

You want to screw up other peoples air shot, don't you?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

What's the standard dmg when a player without boots or anything on falls on someone?

I recall falling on a solly as a medic and there was this weird ass kill icon i'd never seen before.

I didn't think landing on someone actually dmged them.

Yeef

What's the standard dmg when a player without boots or anything on falls on someone?

I recall falling on a solly as a medic and there was this weird ass kill icon i'd never seen before.

I didn't think landing on someone actually dmged them.
It doesn't normally. Some severs (like the waiting room) use a gomba stomp mod that makes landing on people deal damage. In that case, you can set it however you like. There are two variables; one for percentage of current health and the other for a set amount of damage. So I could set it, for example to 25% of the target's current health + 50 damage.

The Mantreads just deal 3x whatever your fall damage would have been and you take no fall damage. Let's do some math!

A vertical rocket jump goes a maximum of 576 hammer units up.

Player hulls are 83 hammer units high.

576 - 83 = 493 hammer units worth of fall damage if you land on someone.

It seems fall damage is based on the classes' max HP and also has a random element. Average of 493 hammer units should be around 48 damage or so. Which means a mantreads hit would cause around 144 damage on average if you rocket jump for max height. Keep in mind you can also couch to add a bit of extra damage, since you'll add about 20 units to your fall distance.

I'm not sure how, exactly, gravity effects fall damage. Assuming double gravity means double distance than at 493 you'd be taking 58 fall damage for a 174 damage stomp. Actually, there's surprisingly little data on the fall damage formula. I'm tempted to do some tests to figure it out.

Top Bottom