• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Silent_Z

Dathena (Force)
RHaku (5 turn Susano)
RHaku (Anaphon)
Super Durga (Muse or Awoken Ichigo if it's more damage.)
Probably try TPA Luci since he's God and thus can benefit from Muse(Lumiel). Other options are: Z8, Okuni, Jize, Revo Yomi, Finn, or try farming for Hinomitsuha.
Dathena (Fujin)

Latents will probably be a mix of resists I have too many of until I can get more SDRs and killers, assuming I can take A3 with this. It's pretty close to the ideal A3 team so I'm confident I'll do ok.

Muse will probably be worth more than D/B Ichigo active. Ichigo's is based on dark row enhance awakenings, not orb enhance

Negator

Dathena (Force)
Revo Haku (Famiel)
Revo Haku (Anaphon)
Revo Haku (Indra)
Durga (Carat)
Friend Dathena (Fujin)

Will be my setup.

Muse will probably be worth more than D/B Ichigo active. Ichigo's is based on dark row enhance awakenings, not orb enhance
Ah damn, you're right. I read "Enhanced Dark Attribute" and figured that meant enhanced orbs.

Well thanks! Saves me a lot of time and effort in evoing his useless ass.

Bladelaw

I just realized I'm <50 cards away from getting the +2sec time extend badge. Time to evo all those sticker girls and elementals!

That badge is a serious game changer for a lot of teams (Revo Asty is a huge benefactor).

Speaking of Revo Astaroth I'm looking at putting a team together for her. I think I have a solid base.
RAsty (Gronia)
Michael (Perseus)
Revo Parvati (Orochi)
RAsty (Cameo)
???

I'm not sure what to do with the last slot. Pretty much any decent body for a Momiji or Fujin active.

Spoit

There is a dark orb enhance one, but I can't remember what it was. IIRC it was only really better if you had escha though.

EDIT: Found it, Shifar, also from the bleach collab (which was probably why you were confusing them). 20% per OE, so I guess it might be better than durga or loki or whatever at 6-8+ OES

Cool! I'd like to try running her as well.

RAsty
RAsty
Michael
Michael
Leeza (or possibly Mito if devils be numerous)
RAsty

Stooopid high RCV plus auto heal should ease her recovery problem a bit. Not sure it will be better than DAth though.

I'm 44 special dungeons from the +15% HP badge and I don't know what counts... it just seems to randomly tick up every now and then. I only have a few more descends to clear.

I would abuse the hell out of the +2sec TE on teams with HP multipliers... I already use the weaker one. I need all the help I can get :/

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Im 38 away from the TE badge.

I just realized I'm <50 cards away from getting the +2sec time extend badge!

That badge is a serious game changer for a lot of teams

I'm 44 special dungeons from the +15% HP badge

MFW self co-op player

frZAI6V.jpg

I'm 44 special dungeons from the +15% HP badge and I don't know what counts... it just seems to randomly tick up every now and then. I only have a few more descends to clear.

I would abuse the hell out of the +2sec TE on teams with HP multipliers... I already use the weaker one. I need all the help I can get :/
Coin dungeons are special I believe so hit all the cheap ones if you haven't already. Same goes for clearing the 1500 monster book goal. The 50k ones all have totally unique monsters and some with evos so there's a couple dozen new cards to add to the book from those alone.

MFW self co-op player

frZAI6V.jpg
I play self co-op too. That's my face when I try to heal with just 3 hearts + combos after getting used to the RCV badge.

jiggle

ran out of time to max level my main account
the new reincarnated cards really screwed me over
had like 15 to level along with everything else ><

reincarnated liu bei is just lurking around the corner too
scary

J0dy77

Boredom with PAD while waiting on dark Athena and the recent conversation about combos got me thinking about the one true God. Turns out I can clear a lot of content with him. This was my first attempt at A1 with this team.

XQ9X8KYl.png

I can probably do arena 3 if I get the right inherits.

Bladelaw

Well that was productive. I'm sitting on 23 SDR now. That's probably enough for now.

Looks &#8203;like they announced the challenge set with the c11 super Satan. I'm going to try a legitimate team first with Ama cheese on backup. Hell I pulled two trailokyas I might as well use them.

badpys dropping like crazy from A1 and YomiDra makes quick work of it, I'm ready for queen athena

I keep making stupid mistakes, though :(

and challenge mode on all the normal dungeons is BORING but probably worth it for the ~25 stones

yami4ct

Well, finally caved and bought D.Athena on my JP account. Noctis just could not cut it on any higher level content because so much shit uses combo absorbs now and his match 4 just killed him. Only other lead I had near that level with a team would be Myr but I just never liked her. Something just didn't click with me with her and I don't know what. Other heart cross leads worked, but I just always hated the original.

750k MP is a massive amount to give up for a lead that probably is on the downswing TBH, but I have a near perfect team for her. I have all the perfect subs. Only lacking Fujin or a gemstone for assists and those really only matter for A3 it seems. I can probably even worth something out at that end. If I desperately needed MP, I could also annihilate my box. I have a shit ton of junk just sitting in there in the off chance it gets out of nowhere bosses and I want 2-3+ of that monster. Having a lead that actually makes me want to go back to that account and play and not have to pray to the REM gods to fix my box is probably worth it in the end.

Well that was productive. I'm sitting on 23 SDR now. That's probably enough for now.

Looks &#8203;like they announced the challenge set with the c11 super Satan. I'm going to try a legitimate team first with Ama cheese on backup. Hell I pulled two trailokyas I might as well use them.
Wow awesome. I missed this once again. :( Did you run the 99 or the 50stam one?

Anyone know if the PreDra Infestation gift dungeon from quest rewards will have SDR invades during this event? I have one of those sitting around and seems this would be the best time to use it if it qualifies.

EDIT According to reddit, they don't. :(

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Ohhhh I get it. It wasn't a gold+ egg, it was a yellow+ egg, for Lemon Dragon.
Gung-ho you tricksters, you.

anyway, 2nd Tsubaki (skill up cards taking up space are gone now), Lemon Dragon and Earth Dragon Swordsman.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Don't reeeally need any GFE but decided to roll one anyways because I was always going to roll one. I'll never stop rolling.

Anyways, got a 2nd Silk on my main account. Didn't really need another, but you can't complain about getting jewel princesses.

Saw a diamond egg on my alt and got super excited until I saw it was light Fenrir, who I imagine is the trolliest troll diamond REM pull in the game.

jiggle

Pulled 6 and 7 times on jpn accounts
All crap except for Lumiel
Been wanting a dark laser for Dathena
But still
Really bummed

Saw a diamond egg on my alt and got super excited until I saw it was light Fenrir, who I imagine is the trolliest troll diamond REM pull in the game.

I just pulled one that turned into evolved Arcline...

Don't reeeally need any GFE but decided to roll one anyways because I was always going to roll one. I'll never stop rolling.

Anyways, got a 2nd Silk on my main account. Didn't really need another, but you can't complain about getting jewel princesses.

After PadRagnarok's videos on the Fenrirs I actually wouldn't mid trying them.

Light one is 2.25 / 225 / 2.25 with 9 jammers for full activation activation. Just 3 jammers gets you 36x.

Dark one is 1 / 2025 / 1 with 9 jammers + colors for full activation.

W-00

Well, this is odd. Normally I have to talk myself out of rolling, but now I can't seem to talk myself into rolling on my alt. It's somewhat swimming in stones thanks to finally going through Challenge Mode, but there just isn't much in the machine right now that would help it.

The only GFEs that would really be useful to my alt at the moment would be Fujin, Typhon, or a second Ryune, and chasing 6* cards is a fool's errand. Meanwhile Silk is the only Jewel Princess that either of my accounts has (both have her now), so I can't chase her. I think the only Gala cards that would actually help it would be Minerva or Cao Cao, and I just don't like the odds of chasing after them in a Gala.

I want to roll, but I just can't justify it. I suppose my stones will just have to wait for a different event.

Bladelaw

Wow awesome. I missed this once again. :( Did you run the 99 or the 50stam one?

Anyone know if the PreDra Infestation gift dungeon from quest rewards will have SDR invades during this event? I have one of those sitting around and seems this would be the best time to use it if it qualifies.

EDIT According to reddit, they don't. :(
99 stam version in co-op. I think I'll be running this anytime there's a 2x bonus on SDR. Much less annoying than running special descend rush.

Instead of rolling I spent stones on box space. Odds of me getting any of the 6* I'm missing is just too remote and I don't need any fire monsters.

LiQuid!

I just pulled one that turned into evolved Arcline...
That should be illegal.

After PadRagnarok's videos on the Fenrirs I actually wouldn't mid trying them.

Light one is 2.25 / 225 / 2.25 with 9 jammers for full activation activation. Just 3 jammers gets you 36x.

Dark one is 1 / 2025 / 1 with 9 jammers + colors for full activation.
I think I have almost every component I need to make good Fenrir teams on both of my accounts but I ain't about that glass cannon life.

Ducarmel

I wonder how my friends list is going to look like by the end of tomorrow. I can build the base D Athena team I just have to find alternative inheritance solutions for Arena 3.

Anyway
On my jp main i got Rathian from the free monster hunter collab pull, decided i dont give a fuck and pulled twice got 2 6* rainbow eggs Rathalos and Barufaruku.

Alt only got golds.

The cards look nice but I will wait until the return to see what kinda uevo they get. Thinking about making Dino X Armor and Rathalos X Armor with the free hunters.

b33r

I wonder how my friends list is going to look like by the end of tomorrow. I can build the base D Athena team I just have to find alternative inheritance solutions for Arena 3.

Anyway
On my jp main i got Rathian from the free monster hunter collab pull, decided i dont give a fuck and pulled twice got 2 6* rainbow eggs Rathalos and Barufaruku.

Alt only got golds.

The cards look nice but I will wait until the return to see what kinda uevo they get. Thinking about making Dino X Armor and Rathalos X Armor with the free hunters.

My free roll I got a gold water guy, has a ton of hp, will be good as an inherit for stats even though he creates only 3 blue orbs along with a few others.

yami4ct

Bought a YomiDra as she's about to go off the shop for a bit and I might want her for an R. Kush team, but then realized that Panda is probably the better sub if I don't have a third Haku. Oh well, I have a surplus of MP anyway and she'll be useful for my Aizen team still.

Right now I'm thinking of going Kush (GrOdin)/A Haku (Mitsunari)/A Haku (Cecil)/Panda (?)/W. Valk (Famiel/Orochi)/Kush

Still working out the last two spots. Might put D. Kali on Panda for a guaranteed Guard Break. Could also fit Indra on there. Maybe Karin or Apoc if I wanted yet another board change. Not sure I really even need Famiel given the whole point of W. Valk is guard break so Orochi is the better fit probably. We'll see how the REM treats me before she shows up. Now that the inherit system is cheap and easy, I'll probably just mess around and see what I like.

b33r

Bought a YomiDra as she's about to go off the shop for a bit and I might want her for an R. Kush team, but then realized that Panda is probably the better sub if I don't have a third Haku. Oh well, I have a surplus of MP anyway and she'll be useful for my Aizen team still.

Right now I'm thinking of going Kush (GrOdin)/A Haku (Mitsunari)/A Haku (Cecil)/Panda (?)/W. Valk (Famiel/Orochi)/Kush

Still working out the last two spots. Might put D. Kali on Panda for a guaranteed Guard Break. Could also fit Indra on there. Maybe Karin or Apoc if I wanted yet another board change. Not sure I really even need Famiel given the whole point of W. Valk is guard break so Orochi is the better fit probably. We'll see how the REM treats me before she shows up. Now that the inherit system is cheap and easy, I'll probably just mess around and see what I like.

I don't have kush, but super Yomi Dragon is a staple on my dark teams. With her high attack she kills on an Aizen team. The active and soft bind clear is amazing, you won't regret the purchase if you play dark teams.

yami4ct

I don't have kush, but super Yomi Dragon is a staple on my dark teams. With her high attack she kills on an Aizen team. The active and soft bind clear is amazing, you won't regret the purchase if you play dark teams.

Yeah, I was secure in buying her because she's so good on my JP account. She's more than proved her worth on my Noctis team. She'll make a fantastic Aizen sub for me and just given her general utility I doubt she'll become a completely obsolete dark sub any time soon.

The problem with running her on Kush is she has no healer typing so she loses the HP x1.5 and basic Atk x 1.5 boosts. In that case, I reckon that healer Pandora will be my best fill in sub until I pull either a 3rd Haku, D. Valk or Diaochan

W-00

Oh yeah, friends will have DAthena. That reminds me: I could pair my Persephone with her to try her out.

Oh, but I don't have Haku #2 and #3 (really #3 and #4 - #2 is still killer Haku) skilled up yet. I should break out some of my gift dungeons and go fishing for badpys. I forgot about Star Den, so it isn't like I'm using my stamina for anything else.

Oh, but wait, if I'm wasting stamina, I might as well try another Arena run. I haven't been in there since the first time I cleared it, and Meri has probably been feeling a little neglected this past week.

Buh-wha?! How am I on Kali already? I don't have my optimal skills up for her! Oh well, I should just give it a try and see what happens...

Hoooly... I one-shotted her? I didn't one-shot her last time!

Basically, thanks for making me think to go through Arena again.

LiQuid!

Did 2 more day 1 pulls cause why not?

Main: 3rd Sumire. Getting closer to that system!

Alt: Apocalypse. Never even heard of this thing but saw it has a great active for Myr, but it's PADZ collabo, so it's probably a dumpster... But nope, turns out it's a pretty legit ass Myr sub too. I guess I can retire my Unicorn Rider!

W-00

Contrary to what I posted earlier, I just now decided to make a roll on my alt. Partly to celebrate finishing the challenge mode normals, but mostly because I was so annoyed with how my rolls in SAO: Memory Defrag went (
I spent 500 diamonds in the wrong machine because I wasn't looking at what I was doing. Sure, I got a good character, but not remotely one of the ones I wanted
) that I thought there was a chance my luck might balance out.

A diamond egg came out. I was prepared for it to be a troll diamond.

Fujin. My alt pulled Fujin. This was a good PAD day.

LiQuid!

Day 2, first pull on both accounts is double diamond eggs! Skuld for main, Dantalion on alt, neither is dupe. Shoulda stopped there but got another Ronove on the main that I'll probably sell and alt got another L.meta (dupes of this aren't useful right, even with the new buffed evo?) and a non-dupe L.Kali I won't ever use. I wish L.Kali was useful for anything. Her art is so good.

Aesnath

Well, the loss of LE farming will be felt for a long time. It was great to just be able to play as long as possible. I have a lot of max level stuff, but, unfortunately, I'm now rank 511, so ranking up is now a tedious process no matter what. I don't regret it, but still.

Rolled four times yesterday

1. Izanagi (so...like a bad Myr? That's a fun REM option /s)
2. Mistrain (Ugh, PADZ suuucks)
3. Zwihander (CRAP)
4. Silk (...Ok, I'll be quiet now)

It turned around pretty well, all things considered. Since I'm still working on team challenge dungeons on the technical side (I've finished everything that doesn't cost 50 stamina or more per floor) I'll have a few more stones tonight. I shouldn't roll again, but what the hell.

Also, that challenge dungeon looks mean. Anyone got a solid strategy for C10 awoken invalid? That Satan seems to have like 68 million HP, which seems a bit high without awakenings. A full water board with a few enhanced orbs drops over that with Meri, but that is with awakenings.

I've been looking at videos of C11 and people are killing Ultra satan with Meri using Carat, so I may give that a shot before resorting to Ama cheese. But I've got to get through C10 first.

J0dy77

PSA - Running double Ganesha on the care package dungeon gives 2.2 million coins.

Good call, thanks for the heads up.

Even after all this wait, anyone else still hesitant to pull the D. Athena trigger? I'm going to buy her but man it's a tough sell for 750k. I'm scared of how much the next batch will cost.

Aesnath

Good call, thanks for the heads up.

Even after all this wait, anyone else still hesitant to pull the D. Athena trigger? I'm going to buy her but man it's a tough sell for 750k. I'm scared of how much the next batch will cost.

I mean, I don't think there is a lot of harm in waiting. Also, I'm aware that you have some other solid leads, do you think she'll change what you can do that much?

Bladelaw

Still skipping GF because I'm going for self control.

I played around with Dathena. Yep, she's stupid strong. I'm still waffling on HP vs TE badge. HP means I can tank through Gaia dragon's first 2 hits without a shield (using Durga over Okuni) whereas TE badge guarantees 7 combos on every board that has it. I mean really the solution is "combo faster" and use the HP badge but I'm too used to the copious TE on Ra Dragon.

I looked at the challenge dungeon set. Alt 10 and alt 9 look like right pains in the ass. Doing that much damage in C10 without awakenings is going to be tough but I think I can cobble together a Kenshin team to do it. Meri without rows doesn't hit nearly hard enough for Satan. The only catch is I need an active bind clear which I think Red Riding Hood, Lmeta, or Fire Dragon Swordsman can cover. Either way it'll need to be short cooldowns everywhere so I'm thinking of the following team:
Kenshin
Lmeta/RRH/Fire Dragon Swordsman
Tsubaki
Tsubaki
Ilm/Revo Yomi
Kenshin

There's risk in not getting heart orbs to heal enough, or getting orb trolled floor 1 but I feel like a lot of teams will have that short coming. Ilm is there for double damage vs satan, not because I think I'll be able to stall up his/her skill. I'm hoping by the last floor the tsubaki's will be up for the killing blow. Revo Yomi would be for all board enhance and ghetto time extend.

My initial plan is:
Floor 1: stall 2 turns and clear for a 324x activation
Floor 2: Kill ASAP if no heals, stall 1 turn then kill if possible.
Floor 3: Lmeta and kill
Floor 4: I can eat one hit while waiting for the right orbs then kill, I can pop Kenshin here to fill any gaps.
Floor 5: If I can stall 1 turn on Siren Tsubakis will be up, pop both, double cross and kill.

bjork

Did a few rolls today, got dupes of Paimon, Sitri, and Grape Dragon. But I got a Leilan, which is new for me, and also Trailokyaijaya.

Never seen that last one or ever heard it mentioned before, so I'm assuming it isn't some ace unit. Cool design, though.

Bladelaw

Did a few rolls today, got dupes of Paimon, Sitri, and Grape Dragon. But I got a Leilan, which is new for me, and also Trailokyaijaya.

Never seen that last one or ever heard it mentioned before, so I'm assuming it isn't some ace unit. Cool design, though.

You haven't heard of Trailokyaijaya cause her name is a pain in the ass to spell. She's a decent lead if you can combo absurdly well, her real value is her active, a 20% true gravity. True gravity means she'll always do 20% of the enemy's max HP regardless of how damaged they are. This means you can do things like Gravity Super Satan to death (if you can stall out his 999 turn damage null which you can with Awoken Amaterasu and Tengu leads and a shitload of time).

Dupe Paimon is nuts for Myr. Myr, Paimon, Paimon, and pretty much any 2 light subs that don't eat hearts would clear almost everything.

Aesnath

Keep Trailokyaiiaya, her active is very unique, as it is a gravity that can kill monsters. It is very unique and can be quite useful under the right circumstances. I've heard some people use her as a lead, but you need to be a combo god to do so.

Rolled yesterday. It's the first time I've rolled on the regular REM in quite a while, and I'm pretty happy with the results. I got Gremory, Raijin, and (!!) Fujin, who is now attached to my shiny new DAthena. She feels pretty amazing. As much as I love playing Ra Dragon, I find his damage control problems really frustrating, so DAthena is a nice change (at least until I get to use Kushinada). I hopped into C10 blind and had no issue getting past Haku's damage absorb.

Top Bottom