• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles |OT| GAF's Guide to the Greatest City in the Universe

Hopefully, by this time next year, I will be living down in Los Angeles.

Choose your area carefully. LA has cool spots, but getting anywhere is a real pain. :/

Valley Village/Studio City GAF represent

H-Protagonist, move back down pronto.

You want me to have to do 3 hour commutes again? I don't think I'd survive another year of that. ;_;

I say we have a Redondo Beach get-together. Then I could at least ride my bike to it.

Feep

Banned
You want me to have to do 3 hour commutes again? I don't think I'd survive another year of that. ;_;

I say we have a Redondo Beach get-together. Then I could at least ride my bike to it.
Errr...move back down, and find a job much closer to your future residence? ; ;

Choose your area carefully. LA has cool spots, but getting anywhere is a real pain. :/

Redondo Beach, huh? Get some seafood and then play the old school arcade games. I think they still have the X-Men beat em up

NoRéN

I used to work at Lincoln High. Respeck.

Wait, Asian chicks in slutty outfits? How the fuck have I never heard of this.

That's what i was thinking to myself, too.

Now that I remember, There's this place, Dino's in Lincoln Heights for burgers. Anyone try?

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
252401_175477412508972_171310502925663_448349_8372151_n.jpg

LA where it be, yo.

I used to work at Lincoln High. Respeck.

Wait, Asian chicks in slutty outfits? How the fuck have I never heard of this.

I've never heard of that place either, sounds a little sketchy XD... if you want to just go to a place to hit on asian chicks in that area go to Rowland Heights into any shopping area on Colima.

Doomsayer

I've never heard of that place either, sounds a little sketchy XD... if you want to just go to a place to hit on asian chicks in that area go to Rowland Heights into any shopping area on Colima.

I've had many a drunken nights at some place in Rowland Heights... I think Banana bay?

Or we could go to Cafe Lu in Santa Ana...

Yang Chow in Chinatown (downtown). Slippery Shrimp.

I will await a thank you PM. http://www.yangchow.com/

edit: reservation is a must on weekends.

My bad ...I was looking for something a bit less formal and more traditional(not Americanized Chinese food- and I don't mean it in a derogatory way as I do enjoy that style of cuisine from time to time), but I'll keep this suggestion in mind for group stuff. Your picture of slippery shrimp has my mouth salivating though..

Not really, I just moved here from NY. Any tips are appreciated.

He means the art colony by the 5. Have a couple friends over there.

Man, there is a large Lincoln Heights-GAF contingent.

Favorite food in LA is either the Pastrami Reuben at Langer's <- best pastrami in america.

That or Oaxacan mole negro. My favorite is at Juquila on Santa Monica Blvd and Federal, next door to the Cafe 50's

People really don't know how to drive here. Nothing gets me off more than being at a complete stop at a green light for two cycles. So awesome.

Also, trying to find a parking space at the Whole Foods across from The Grove is a living fucking nightmare.

NoRéN

He means the art colony by the 5. Have a couple friends over there.

Man, there is a large Lincoln Heights-GAF contingent.

Favorite food in LA is either the Pastrami Reuben at Langer's <- best pastrami in america.

That or Oaxacan mole negro. My favorite is at Juquila on Santa Monica Blvd and Federal, next door to the Cafe 50's
Oh, you must mean mole Poblano.

hahaha what. SoCal is like where everyone knows how to drive. But if you're from out of town, you're fucked. We are chaotic, but it's ordered chaos.

Unless it rains, then most people here go dumb. I've driven out East and those fuckers can't drive for shit.

They're called California Rolls for a reason. Fucking use em.

hahaha what. SoCal is like where everyone knows how to drive. But if you're from out of town, you're fucked. We are chaotic, but it's ordered chaos.

Unless it rains, then most people here go dumb. I've driven out East and those fuckers can't drive for shit.

Hear, hear. Yeah, I'm always amazed at how nuts people out of California are when driving. Was in northern Arizona over the holidays on a two lane highway, and some asshole in the opposite lane came into my lane to pass, forcing me onto the shoulder.

Doomsayer

In all fairness we have a lot of teenagers who have seen one too many F&F movie and try to race on public streets. Shit is infuriating, especially because I drive a Subaru. I'm constantly getting harassed. :(

NoRéN

? Not really. Most oaxacan places list it as mole negro. It's different from the mole poblano's I've had. Much darker. And smokier/sweeter.
Nah, I know. Seen it made both ways. Slightly different ingredients. Guess I'm biased for mole Poblano as my step mom's from Puebla.

Some mole over rice, yum!

Since coming here, I've seen so many people just blatantly break the law, sometimes in broad daylight. One time, directly after two cars in front of them got into an accident.
So true. There is a stop sign by my place that people rarely stop at. They're like, "Stop sign? lol, fuck you!"

In all fairness we have a lot of teenagers who have seen one too many F&F movie and try to race on public streets. Shit is infuriating, especially because I drive a Subaru. I'm constantly getting harassed. :(

Honestly I've never really seen anything like that. Where do you live? The valley (either)?

NoRéN;34389086 said:
Nah, I know. Seen it made both ways. Slightly different ingredients. Guess I'm biased for mole Poblano as my step mom's from Puebla.

Some mole over rice, yum!

Does mole poblano have cacao in it like mole negro?

Doomsayer

Honestly I've never really seen anything like that. Where do you live? The valley (either)?

Consider yourself lucky, then.

When I used to work in downtown I would get "rice fly-byes" probably twice a day from idiots in beater Hondas.

All around Monterey Park/Alhambra I get revved on constantly.

haha, this is true. But teens do that shit everywhere. I rarely see an actual race, though. Mostly them just being dumb.

Out of towners (er non-west Coast) are so easy to spot. They have no idea what to do on the freeways.

Rolling stops, baby

California Roll. C'mon James.

Hear, hear. Yeah, I'm always amazed at how nuts people out of California are when driving. Was in northern Arizona over the holidays on a two lane highway, and some asshole in the opposite lane came into my lane to pass, forcing me onto the shoulder.

That can be legal depending on the lines. used to do it all the time on the way to Vegas, but I don't go through that route anymore.

Consider yourself lucky, then.

When I used to work in downtown I would get "rice fly-byes" probably twice a day from idiots in beater Hondas.

All around Monterey Park/Alhambra I get revved on constantly.

Huh, weird. Lived/worked in downtown and didn't really see that. But yeah, Alhambra is pretty lol. Almost got rear ended by a guy who was clearly under the influence of something a few months ago at Poplar/Fremont, who then proceeded to do a hit and run in front of me (and proceeded to get chased by the dude he hit, oh Alhambra)

haha, this is true. But teens do that shit everywhere. I rarely see an actual race, though. Mostly them just being dumb.

Out of towners (er non-west Coast) are so easy to spot. They have no idea what to do on the freeways.

California Roll. C'mon James.

My bad. Mind is elsewhere. I'm off my game. My little nephew has pneumonia.

He mentioned The Grove, so he's talking about Long Beach or surrounding areas. Don't want to say anything over the line, but... you know.

The Grove? Long Beach? What the fuck are you on about? Last time I checked, the Grove is right next to the Beverly Center and Cedars Sinai.

Top Bottom