• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
We don't know how long they are. If a good chunk are as long as say, The Ark, or Assault on the Control Room, that's a meaty campaign. If the mix is about the same as it has been, then the game will be unexpected brief; it could imply that the size of Spartan Ops ate into it. But if they are eight excellent missions, then it will matter much less.

Volume of content is not one of my concerns about the game.

Spartan Ops and Campaign are completely separate teams. As Frank mentioned earlier, the main campaign is substantial and will compare favorably with previous entries in the series.

heckfu

Banned
Thanks to Furby and myself, we now have Ninja spazzing out on-stream to H4 soundtrack. :)

DAN NA NA NA NANANANA!

I would LOVE to have the soundtrack but it looks like the closest I can ship it is WESTERN SAHARA. DESERT FOLK ARE GOING TO GET THIS BEFORE I DO.

seriously, that's my last one

m23

Are there still problems with the shipping option of the SE OST? My friend wants to order it. Can someone post whenever they are able to successfuly ship within North America? Thanks.

We don't know how long they are. If a good chunk are as long as say, The Ark, or Assault on the Control Room, that's a meaty campaign. If the mix is about the same as it has been, then the game will be unexpected brief; it could imply that the size of Spartan Ops ate into it. But if they are eight excellent missions, then it will matter much less.

Volume of content is not one of my concerns about the game.

Who knows, perhaps we'll even have Mission Start and two other checkpoints in some of these levels. It's normally been a starting one and a half-way checkpoint, right?

Blissful

Neo Member
Spartan Ops and Campaign are completely separate teams. As Frank mentioned earlier, the main campaign is substantial and will compare favorably with previous entries in the series.

How will the ranking system work? Is it like Halo Reach, where you rank up regardless of winning/losing?

Korosenai

Are there still problems with the shipping option of the SE OST? My friend wants to order it. Can someone post whenever they are able to successfuly ship within North America? Thanks.

I'm trying to order it now and it's only giving me an option for United States Minor Outlying Islands. Kind of sucks.

GamerSoul

O4cAi.png

Warning! Severe donging in progress. Do you wish to proceed?

It all makes sense now...

If SP length is as long as past titles I should be happy, they only thing that the low level count has me a little bummed about is it means less opportunities for different environments.

The achievement it's used for is in campaign.

...Thats a really good point. Hype +10. I cannot wait to see 343s Brute, it is the one Covenant species that needs a remake and that 343s style should shine with.

If there are Brutes I really hope they look like the original concept art or Halo Wars ones.

Reach's were just terrible. I don't know why they went that direction.

Yup. I really feel like the Reach Brutes were meant to have fur but it got cut for whatever reason, making them look weird as hell.

Sai-kun

Banned
I would LOVE to have the soundtrack but it looks like the closest I can ship it is WESTERN SAHARA. DESERT FOLK ARE GOING TO GET THIS BEFORE I DO.

seriously, that's my last one

I'll just ship it to my home country of BOLIVIA and my extended family can send it up to me. That would work right?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
About to order some cool accessories for my MLG Pro Circuit controller. WTF though cost of shipping for a face plate is like 9$ I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime

It would make sense if it read your custom class to determine your weapon. Hopefully they do that.

I like the idea of looking through players' Spartan IDs to see which weapons they favor. It's handy on a team game with randoms to see which weapons they are likely to run for when the map starts.

heckfu

Banned
Oh, lol, just noticed there is a Moody Blues joke in the Achievements. That's awesome.

Knights in White Assassination lolol.

Vire

I'm putting money on Brutes announcement at PAX.
Saturday, September 1, 5:30pm – 6:30pm

Halo Reborn
Pegasus Theater

With just a few weeks before Halo 4 launches, and the long awaited return of iconic hero, the Master Chief, 343 Industries will present a look at the evolution of a beloved franchise and the challenges and opportunities in rebuilding a familiar and beloved world. Join the storytellers, artists, and designers of Halo 4 as they show off some of that evolution and reveal even more secrets and features of the weapons, vehicles, gameplay, and characters that you’ll see when the Master Chief returns.

Our bodies are ready. Is yours?

Between the confirmation of a Grav Hammer in Campaign and this, I'm pretty confident in saying that well see a return of the lovable apes.

To whoever asked it earlier in the thread: Requiem seems to have been renamed to Haven on the soundtrack. Haven's remix has snippets of those otherwordly "DAAAA-AAAANAAANAAAANAAAAAA..." strings in the background.

I better be able to take a picture of my spartan's nuts rubbing right up against the camera for my Trainer Card Spartan ID. Make it happen 343.

If there are Brutes I really hope they look like the original concept art or Halo Wars ones.

Reach's were just terrible. I don't know why they went that direction.
Agreed! H3 were Goood, Halo Wars Chieftain. concepts took a clan leader approach. Who knows, maybe we'll get Dino Brutes? lol jk

Reachs Brute designs were odd. Armor, Flesh, and weaponry (relatively the same) but cosmetically different which made the experience somewhat awkward, imo. Also they didn't drive any vehicles..

GhaleonEB

Good to hear, I've been working in the yard all night and have not read up on all the posts while I was out.

Though to note my thinking, the fact that the teams are separate in and of itself does not mean much; it's how resources and people are split between those teams that matters, and in that way the demands of one part of the project can impact another. That is what I was getting at. Glad to hear the Campaign is indeed a meaty one; right now it's the part of the game I am most looking forward to.

I'm putting money on Brutes announcement at PAX.

Between the confirmation of a Grav Hammer in Campaign and this, I'm pretty confident in saying that well see a return of the lovable apes.

Certainly seems possible. I'm really looking forward to new vehicles myself. Given what the Forerunner weapons do when you pick them up, the vehicles have some great potential.

Vire

Even though I'm excited about the return of Hunters in campaign, I really hope 343 doesn't rely on the Covenant as a major focal point throughout the game. We've done that, it's time for something new...

Korosenai

From BS Angel at the waypoint forums

"For those in the United States looking to pre-order the soundtrack, we just figured out what the issue is. Long story short, yes, you can pre-order the soundtrack, and I'll have the relevant link for you shortly. :)"

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
hey wow you should totally put spoiler tags on maybe that entire post.

Frankie, are you allowed to say which mission the one we saw at E3 was? My money's on three.

Has to be three or four, but three makes more sense.

Dawn
Chief wakes up. Dawn is boarded by a neo-Covies. Neo Covenant fleet outside. The Dawn and some of the Covenant Fleet (all?) are forced inside Requiem.

Requiem
The Dawn lands on Requiem, Chief goes exploring. Cortana establishes the place is Forerunner and possibility active. More skirmishes with neo-Covies.

Forerunner
Infinity is forced to land on Requiem. Chief and Cortana decide head over to it. Encounter with Cryptum and the Promothean units for the first time. Concludes with Cortana and Chief linking up with the Infinity crew.

Infinity
Desert vehicle heavy mission with the Mammoth and neo-Covie ground forces.

Reclaimer
?

Shutdown
?

Composer
Chief meets the Composer, Didact's intention's revealed.

Midnight
Escape? Warthog run? lol

Need to figure out where the Halo ring and the destroyed planet fit into this.

Recarpo

From BS Angel at the waypoint forums

"For those in the United States looking to pre-order the soundtrack, we just figured out what the issue is. Long story short, yes, you can pre-order the soundtrack, and I'll have the relevant link for you shortly. :)"

Could you throw the link up here when she posts it?

Even though I'm excited about the return of Hunters in campaign, I really hope 343 doesn't rely on the Covenant as a major focal point throughout the game. We've done that, it's time for something new...
I hope 343 sticks to the Prometheans and other enemies that was said to be the main focus (not covenant) this time in the campaign, but idk if they clarified how that may change with what SpOps will mix things up after 6 months passing.

Top Bottom