• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So why don't Fast & Furious moves have Tesla in them?

Dom shits on Brian for driving Japanese cars over American muscle. If someone showed up in an electric car, they'd throw their empty Corona bottles at them.

But rebuilds a 2JZ Supra...lol

But to answer your question OP. Its because they are electric cars. Which are boring.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
If you want to get more in depth into the cars of F&F, google any combination of Dennis McCarthy + Fast and Furious + Cars. Hes the head car coordinator for the franchise. Multiple videos and articles.

DBT85

I'd rather a tuned R34 than a tesla, and I want a tesla. I want snail whine or na roar. The soundtrack to a tesla is hardly getting blood pumping.

Also, if they drove teslas what would they stand around looking at at meets with their bonnet(hood) up with the hot women with barely any clothes on? "hey baby check my sweet luggage space".

entremet

-Tesla didn't pay Universal money (biggest reason really)

-Car enthusiasts have a preference toward gas-powered vehicles due to tradition and nostagia, familiarity, and markers of common supercars--loud engines, smoke exhausts, etc.

-Tesla and other electric-powered vehicles have an image and demographics more aimed at the eco-friendly yuppie, not the person looking at car mags or restoring classic cars in their garage on weekends.

Dishwalla

Banned
Another thing is nearly all the cars in the F&F movies are modified cars, that's what the movies used to be entirely about, aftermarket modified race cars. Are there even that many aftermarket mods for Teslas? Seems to be against the entire point of the cars.

Pavaloo

k46XtJa.jpg

You forget, Tej made NOS grappling hooks. He got this.

this is one of the greatest things i've ever seen

i need a usb labeled NOS

Poppy

they should make a humanoid robot drive the car and vin diesel has to race it and later vin diesel has to fistfight the robot

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Other than them being dull to look at, a fast 0-60 doesn't make it a sports car. Bentleys and Rolls both have huge engines that can get to 60 faster than the vast majority of cars out there, but you'd never call them sports cars. They would get eaten alive by cars with significantly slower launches at any race track.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see one in the next movie with a flashy paint job and a body kit.

Aurongel

Tesla probably doesn't throw product placement money at them the way the large US Auto makers do. Plot-wise, they could always find a fun easy way to write the car's silent engine into the film. Use it for a sneaking mission maybe 🤔

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Little does the robot know that the street always wins.

As the robot lay dying it's revealed that the robot contained the consciousness of Han Seoul-Oh and Vin Diesel needs to get revenge on himself in the sequel

It'll be like Superman 3 where Evil Vin splits from Good Vin and they do battle with a drag race.

Kenstar

Tesla Model S got 3:17 at Virginia Int. Raceway due to safemode kicking in less than a minute into the lap off fully charged and cooled battery

a stock 200hp BRZ's got 3:18

Top Bottom