• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

USA Today makes a mock website to see if you'd been drafted for Vietnam

Saganator

Put in my dad's birthday. He joined the Navy out of fear of being drafted into the Army or Marines. Kinda glad he joined the Navy because he would've been drafted.

What an odd website...
Just taking someone's birthday and plopping it down in 1950.

Why not 1949?
Or 1951?

It seems odd to assume everyone was just magically born in 1950.
Some sort of random year assignment would have made more sense.

And that's without getting into people who might have been medically ineligible, etc.
Sure, the number would have been "called," but if one is ineligible, it doesn't matter much.

Metalmarc

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 4 days earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Did we just secretlyy sign up to trumps korean war, f that

What an odd website...

Why not 1949?
Or 1951?

And that's without getting into people who might have been medically ineligible, etc.
Sure, the number would have been "called," but if one is ineligible, it doesn't matter much.

maybe its for everyone that would turn 18?

Thanks mom.

pjmCRum.png

LQA5HE9.gif

Regiruler

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.

I already knew I wasn't drafted, we did a small exercise on this in one of my political science classes.

g11

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day later, your draft number would have been called.

The one time I didn't procrastinate!

kimbaka

Your draft number
was not called in 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day later, your draft number would have been called.

Whelp, hand me an M16. Time to go get mentally scarred.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

Do you think they drafted by birthday as an ingenious plan to keep war costs down by saving on birthday cakes for enlisted men? "You're all August 5th? What are the odds... well, you can share a cake."

Anyway, my draft number was 364, and was not called in 1970. So booyah. Guess I better travel back to 1970 and laugh my ass off on Cinco de Mayo.

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS NOT CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

Whoo for February 18th!

Bronx-Man

Banned
YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 3 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

I think the fuck not, you trick-ass bitch. You better lock my up ass up right next to Ali.

Your draft number
was not called in 1970.

If your birthday was just 1 day earlier, your draft number would have been called.

...phew.

ash321

YOUR DRAFT NUMBER
WAS CALLED IN 1970.
If your birthday was just 2 days earlier, your draft number would not have been called.

This is very ironic, consider I'm a Vietnamese lol

What an odd website...

Why not 1949?
Or 1951?

because that’s how the draft lottery worked?

anybody with that birthday born 1944 through 1950 was drafted if their number got called. they then did age prioritzarion

sphagnum

Banned
My number got called. If I had been born 1 day earlier, it wouldn't have been.

I absolutely would've been in jail after burning that draft card.

Top Bottom