• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF:The Evil Within 2 PS4/PS4 Pro Analysis

Fezan

Link

- No pro support
- Native 1080p with solid 30 fps with boost mode
- Regular ps4 only drop fps during cutscenes.
- Visually much better than original game with no black bars.

No pro support is highly disappointing. second Bethesda game with no pro support

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
No Pro support in certain is really getting unacceptable. Sony really needs to put their foot down on this shit.

Tarrin

Hopefully, like Prey, Pro support is coming in a patch.

At the latest, we should see something with the Xbox One X launch. I hope.

Seems to run pretty well though. Boost mode helps.

Truant

Really disappointed in Sony for not enforcing proper support. The same goes with Bethesda for not including it either.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Link

- No pro support

No pro support is highly disappointing. second Bethesda game with no pro support

What was the other Bethesda game that didn't have pro support?

Rellik

Link

- No pro support

Then it doesn't get my support. Pretty simply really.

Next.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Really disappointed at the lack of any Pro support.

Not buying this until a Pro patch is announced or a cheap used copy is available I guess.

Saty

Remember when people screamed the sky is falling with mid-gen hardware refresh 'cause it's going to gimp base versions?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I guess no one here cares that the game runs pretty good without Pro support. I honestly don't care as long as the runs fine.

JP

I really don't have any interest in the game but it's always disappointed to see this happen, it's listed on the website and on the Xbox One X as offering support for both so maybe it will come at a later date.

I'm hoping that with both Sony & Microsoft both having a more capable consoles that developers will have more reason to support them over the next year.

Are you kidding? I thought Pro support was mandatory at this point. :/
Makes no sense to not include Pro support. I was actually going to pick this up for my Pro rather than PC. Now I’ll just wait.
Yes, clearly that leak wasn't true way back and Sony really do need to take more direct action with this.
Damn right they do. It’s BS at this point to not have Pro support. That’s why we bought the system.

I guess no one here cares that the game runs pretty good without Pro support. I honestly don't care as long as the runs fine.

We didn't buy PS4 Pro's for the game to run the same as a normal PS4. It's great that it runs fine on an OG PS4, but it would run better on a Pro.

Tarrin

I care :( As long as there's no repeat of TEW1 performace (which there isn't), I'm happy,

Just sucks there's no extras for Pro owners yet.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Makes no sense to not include Pro support. I was actually going to pick this up for my Pro rather than PC. Now I’ll just wait.

Damn right they do. It’s BS at this point to not have Pro support. That’s why we bought the system.

Although I haven't got a Pro, I accepted the later patches because I could understand working on a Pro version could push back release dates but I feel as if some devs are now taking liberties. Sony needs to be firm on this.

adamsapple

What confuses me is that the info graphic for Xbox X and TEW2 shows HDR support but the game currently doesn't support HDR on any platform. Maybe changes are coming post launch?

I hope so .. little as they may have been .. at least with Prey, they added post-launch support eventually. With this game, the US Playstation website displays the "Enhanced for Pro" logo in the game's page (while the UK one does not).

As a Pro owner, this is a huge let down for me. I realize otherwise the game is a technical improvement over the first game, but like someone said a few posts above, that's not what I bought the PS4 Pro for.

Is the Xbox version on par with PS4? Or does it have a lower resolution? Because if it's let's stay 900p, it will still be 900p on the One X. Incredibly disappointing.

But Wolfenstein 2 IS getting Pro and X support?

adamsapple

Is the Xbox version on par with PS4? Or does it have a lower resolution? Because if it's let's stay 900p, it will still be 900p on the One X. Incredibly disappointing.

But Wolfenstein 2 IS getting Pro and X support?

Yes, Wolfeinstein's devs have confirmed Pro support along with X support.

Vinc

What confuses me is that the info graphic for Xbox X and TEW2 shows HDR support but the game currently doesn’t support HDR on any platform. Maybe changes are coming post launch?

That'd be my guess. Hope Wolfenstein isn't affected. Might cancel my preorder and wait for word on that now...

FiveSide

Banned

This is what I'm thinking as well. As a Pro owner I'm annoyed, but that gets balanced out by how glad I am that the game runs well in general. That should be the big takeaway from the DF analysis imo.

I forgot how shockingly bad the performance on that first game was, even with the bars it ran terribly. I'm glad this release runs much better, but I'll still probably wait for a pro patch.

Anung

Un Rama
The lack of Pro support is total shit but other than that I'm happy that the performance is rock solid. I love the original game but it was a total mess so this being primarily IDtech 6 parts is good news.

Top Bottom