• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Touch Arcade vs. NeoGAF

jWenD.png

That's a lot of very desperate tweeting.

Vamphuntr

What is shopped? The picture? The post itself? I don't think the post is shopped, it's from SA. I don't think the pic is shopped either or it's a very very good shop as you can also see the shadows from each box.

gogogow

What is shopped? The picture? The post itself? I don't think the post is shopped, it's from SA. I don't think the pic is shopped either or it's a very very good shop as you can also see the shadows from each box.

He did say it was VERY HARD to photoshop....

DaFish

Not saying it is or anything... but you could just put a camera on a tripod and take a picture of one box, then move the box and take more pics... then shop all of them together.

Hodapp is rather dubiously attempting to claim he shopped the box back then as a troll.

Funny thing is, nothing in that post or subsequent posts of his reads like a troll, just like a supreme twat.

At a certain point, there's no real difference between a "troll" and just being an idiot, only the desperate sweat of the person attempting to prove he "won" by "trolling".

I don't know why I let people like this get to me, especially fucking boneheads who have no problem saying whatever the fuck they feel/think on Twitter. But this guy is seriously a fucking tosser; love writing it off as trolls too, how old is this guy?

Kusagari

lmao at him attempting to pass this off as a photoshop.

And his constant tweets and hahahas only cement that it's real.

Abylim

So his defense now is "Lol i was lying about all that shit back then, trollolol"?

Seriously, this is getting worse than that controller guy.

linko9

So his defense now is "Lol i was lying about all that shit back then, trollolol"?

Seriously, this is getting worse than that controller guy.

Thanks, I was trying to remember what this reminded me of :D

Except this is a lot worse. Controller guy was just a dick, not an evil thief.

It's not photoshoped.

I used the Internet Archive to check the SA forums on the date in the screenshot, and sure enough, its there, quoted in a reply from someone else:

io_burn posted:

1. Get friendly with the pukes responsible for stocking the electronics department at Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us.

2. Camp. If you want a Wii bad enough you're going to have to spend some quality time freezing your rear end off on the sidewalk. What I usually do is park my car in the closest spot to the door and just sit around and watch movies on the ol' iPhone

3. Profit, literally.

Last Christmas I had a dude at Toys R Us convinced I was buying Wii's for children in hospitals for Christmas and he would hold two or three out of every shipment for me.

How touching.

http://web.archive.org/web/20071129...hingawful.com/showthread.php?postid=336467550

Edit : original post is on this page http://web.archive.org/web/20071204...adid=2680830&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=7

photoshop is the new excuse? if that's the case then whoever did has some Pixar level talent with the shadowing around the boxes

photoshop is the new excuse? if that's the case then whoever did has some Pixar level talent with the shadowing around the boxes

I was going to say this too. It would be incredibly difficult to pull of a consistent image, especially with how the lighting is, if someone just photoshopped one boxed arranged in different positions.

Was "troll" even a common concept at the time of the original post? I don't remember people using the term/describing people as such until much after 2007. The attention that went into the post seems to say intentional and not a "joke".

Absinthe

It's not photoshoped.

I used the Internet Archive to check the SA forums on the date in the screenshot, and sure enough, its there, quoted in a reply from someone else:

http://web.archive.org/web/20071129...hingawful.com/showthread.php?postid=336467550

Edit : original post is on this page http://web.archive.org/web/20071204...adid=2680830&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=7

Wayback machine comes through. SA banned him for the post too.

The guy really seems to dislike Kickstarter, and now NeoGAF I'm sure.

El Sloth

Banned
It's not photoshoped.

WJgaw.gif

Someone needs to call him out on twitter for lying about it being a photoshop with the archive.org link.

With any luck, he'll just dig himself even deeper.

Tmdean

Banned
Hate to defend a huge cock like this guy, but it's pretty easy to Photoshop an image like this. You just put the camera on a tripod and take multiple photos of the same box, then merge them together.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Lmao, if that pic is shopped it's definitely genius. Should've gone working as a pro photoshopper

Hate to defend a huge cock like this guy, but it's pretty easy to Photoshop an image like this. You just put the camera on a tripod and take multiple photos of the same box, then merge them together.
edit, yeah OK it's easier this way. Wonder if he'll say he did it like this

Someone needs to call him out on twitter for lying about it being a photoshop with the archive.org link.

With any luck, he'll just dig himself even deeper.

If you have a SA account with archives enabled, you can see it yourself.

Besides, I think he's trying to claim HE photoshopped that image as part of an elaborate troll post (which got him banned from SA). I don't know why people are really taking it seriously.

It really doesn't matter how easy or hard it is, actually. It's not like if he had made an all text post (0 effort to fake), his claim of "trolling" would be any more believable.

Kusagari

I don't understand how that post is even a troll.

He lied about hoarding, and lying to employees to do it, Wii consoles to sell on ebay?

Yipee?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Who cares if the image is Photoshopped when he is boasting about stealing from charities?

Somewhat tangential:

I don't understand why people with Twitter seem to not realize that they're posting in a public space? There are things you say in front of people and things you keep to yourself. Why is that so hard in this day and age?

dream

I don't know why I let people like this get to me, especially fucking boneheads who have no problem saying whatever the fuck they feel/think on Twitter. But this guy is seriously a fucking tosser; love writing it off as trolls too, how old is this guy?

You shouldn't let people like him get to you but if you do, you can take solace in the fact that his reputation is pretty shot now.

border

Someone should start a Kickstarter to fund the purchase of a dozen Wii systems for children's hospitals. Call it the "Hodapp Is Despicable" project. I wonder how quickly they'd meet the goal? :)

Top Bottom