• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skypunch

Banned
I can't really see Monolith Soft naming it just "X". It will definitely include the "Xeno" prefix in the end and I feel confident in saying that this is nothing compared to what it will be like when we play the final product.

Also, I have a big feeling that it is in-fact Shulk towards the end of the trailer, so that basically means story is going to be heavily relevant to attempt to explain why he is present. Can't fucking wait!

D_prOdigy

Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system Please no affinity system.

The affinity system was one of those awesome little things about Xenoblade that you could enthrall yourself with if you wanted to, but didn't necessarily spoil things if you didn't. It was a good thing, I found.

majik13

I think they definitely nailed it and delivered what people hoped/expected.

I also like that they seems to have subdued the ridiculous costume/character design. maybe to appeal to a more western audience, which was my only real gripe with xenoblade, so that works for me.

However at the same time, it seems it has lost a little charm. And doesn't seem to have that visual hook.

But I will hold judgment until until final product launches, I will most likely be picking it up regardless.

Good Job, Monolithsoft

Dinosaurs, robo swords, guns, and mechs.

Everything I've ever dreamed up put together, and in a way that looks sensible?

shutupandtakemymoney.jpg

guek

Banned
I'm absolutely blown away by what Mono are delivering as a first HD title. I was so sure they'd stumble out the gate like so many other JP devs

Considering this is their first HD title, just imagine what they'll deliver later on in the next gen.

That's right, I'm getting hyped for hypothetical monolithsoft titles that are still 3-5 years away and don't yet exist.

Alchemy

The affinity system was one of those awesome little things about Xenoblade that you could enthrall yourself with if you wanted to, but didn't necessarily spoil things if you didn't. It was a good thing, I found.

How does grinding affinity enthrall you? If you want to maximize your combat abilities you have to waste time gifting tons of items then hoping you stumble upon heart to hearts in the right order. There is almost zero positive that comes from the system, and it just serves as a massive time waster if you want to be as effective as possible in combat.

Speaking of wasting time, I hope we don't have to watch the crystal crafting animation every single god damn time we make something.

flyover

That's one of the things I loved about the game. There were so many optional systems/mechanics that you could ignore if you wanted, and still have a successful experience.

Considering this is their first HD title, just imagine what they'll deliver later on in the next gen.

That's right, I'm getting hyped for hypothetical monolithsoft titles that are still 3-5 years away and don't yet exist.

Well, Nintendo have had a few years to test the field.
And as someone else stated this is just a WIP, it can improve further. Bodes very well for the future. My hat is off to Monolith

Portugeezer

untitlehddgs1s65.gif

Gifs with monsters!

If the guy at the end is seriously Shulk, I might honestly have to lie down.

Xenoblade is sooo good. Especially the characters, would love them to come back in this game.

AzVal

They showed footage of this one I bet you Nintendo has Monolith working overtime to get this out ASAP, they want to ride on the Monster Hunter fans, hence making it Multiplayer, I think this may be out in JAP by fall

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
There's no way this isn't just Xenoblade 2 or another game set in the Xenoblade universe is it? I mean, everything looked like Xenoblade.

Either way, this Nintendo Direct has me pumped for the Wii U. Going to get one soon.

duckroll

There's no way this isn't just Xenoblade 2 or another game set in the Xenoblade universe is it? I mean, everything looked like Xenoblade.

Either way, this Nintendo Direct has me pumped for the Wii U. Going to get one soon.

Yes there is every likelihood that the game is not Xenoblade 2 and is set in a completely original universe. That's how Takahashi has rolled all his career. Xenogears, Xenosaga, Soma Bringer, Xenoblade. All games have lots of similarities, very similar designs, recurring story themes, but they're not in the same universe. If he wanted to make a sequel to Xenoblade, it would be Xenoblade 2. Not a new original game.

rahuljx

I love that Nintendo closed the ND with this game. Hope this is a sign that they will give this series the AAA treatment and push...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom