• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

fr0st

Banned
So what's everyone's opinion on the new map?

I hate defending in the billiards room. Send that it was destined for Mira.

Foxxsoxx

I like playing Terrorist Hunt but my teammates that I get playing it are all sorts of trash.

It's a lot of fun on Realistic but the matchmaking for it is dead and the ones that do play it haven't held a Dualshock in their life.

I hope if they ever make a Siege 2, that they put a lot more effort into it because there is loads of potential to make it amazing.

Keihart

I feel like Jackal's rifle is going to get nerf.

Yeah, it's better than famas and tha is saying a lot.

Fast reload, big magazine, high damage, crazy rate of fire, laser accurancy and almost no recoil, the first time i used i was completly blown away.

nOoblet16

Well the beginning of the night started off with TKers but the end of the night it mellowed out. I was killed several times for no real reason at all. People being assholes.

Mira is basically unplayable at the moment with everyone knowing they can bash the window out. People just keep exploiting the glitch. She's almost a hazard on the team at the moment.

Yea, but even with that she is a hazard to the team I feel like because enemies can just drop the canister literally anytime they want. Have a twitch drone? wait/hide until round starts and then pop it. Got a line of sight from a door to the opposite side of the mirror? Just shoot it, she probably can't get you from that range anyways.

It felt useful at first but it takes like seconds to take it down from when the attackers decide to take it down and having that window open is a massive disadvantage to the attacking team especially if they have a Blackbeard or a Glaz.

Yeah, it's better than famas and tha is saying a lot.

Fast reload, big magazine, high damage, crazy rate of fire, laser accurancy and almost no recoil, the first time i used i was completly blown away.

I feel like that gun should be a DMR instead of what it is, because right now it's as powerful as Thermite's gun with no recoil and faster mobility/reload.

SliChillax

Have a twitch drone? wait/hide until round starts and then pop it.

I know what I'm gonna do now

tumblr_mxz6feUpM91s2wio8o1_400.gif

nOoblet16

I know what I'm gonna do now

tumblr_mxz6feUpM91s2wio8o1_400.gif

The funny thing about the window is that a lot of times defenders can think that the window is up when it really isn't. I mean I as Mira myself have often failed to realise that the canister was broken since I barely even looked at it and the guy who I thought I was spying upon was actually trying to aim at my head.

SliChillax

The funny thing about the window is that a lot of times defenders can think that the window is up when it really isn't. I mean I as Mira myself have often failed to realise that the canister was broken since I barely even looked at it and the guy who I thought I was spying upon was actually trying to aim at my head.

I find Mira stupid. The long time it takes for the glass to go down makes it easy for the enemies to get ready and shoot at you. If the glass went down immediately without warning then you could surprise the enemies and shoot them.

Btw just did my first 10 ranked matches and got Gold 3, is that good?

nOoblet16

I find Mira stupid. The long time it takes for the glass to go down makes it easy for the enemies to get ready and shoot at you. If the glass went down immediately without warning then you could surprise the enemies and shoot them.

Most people get placed bronze to low silver, so yea it's very good.

They changed rankings this season and made it so that Gold 4 the lowest gold rank and it goes up to Gold 1 and then Plat 3. I believe Gold tier is the highest you can get to via placement alone. I wont 8 games out of the 10 where I lost the first and last by a close margin but won the rest consecutively and got placed in Gold star which is basically Gold 1, then I lost 2 matches and dropped down to Gold 2.

Auctopus

Just read the patch thread on Reddit, supposedly the patch coming next week will fix cross-region play (I'm guessing it hasn't been fixed already with a hotfix?)

nOoblet16

Just read the patch thread on Reddit, supposedly the patch coming next week will fix cross-region play (I'm guessing it hasn't been fixed already with a hotfix?)

I have been able to play with friends from West US, East US, Dubai and India while living in UK even post patch. But 3 days ago we had some difficulty playing together on EU servers, it worked fine on other servers.

Auctopus

I have been able to play with friends from West US, East US, Dubai and India while living in UK even post patch. But 3 days ago we had some difficulty playing together on EU servers, it worked fine on other servers.

Yep, I know some people haven't had trouble. But me and a few others have definitely encountered an issue where it splits up parties dependent on server.

Rocketz

Yea, but even with that she is a hazard to the team I feel like because enemies can just drop the canister literally anytime they want. Have a twitch drone? wait/hide until round starts and then pop it. Got a line of sight from a door to the opposite side of the mirror? Just shoot it, she probably can't get you from that range anyways.

Which is fine because that's the chance you take with her. But when the other team is exploiting a glitch, it doesn't make the situation fun. You can prevent it from being opened but when your stuck behind a wall and the only thing someone has to do is punch a certain spot, it sucks. Hopefully the patch is coming soon.

mf.luder

Maintenance today on PS4 "should" take care of that. Looking forward to playing with you guys again. How is America?

CrayToes

I wouldn't get your hopes up tbh. The game is such a fucking mess right now. Hope your enjoying your trip to the states, by the way.

Patch coming through on ps4. I hope it works because I picked this week to get back into Siege and it has been down almost every time I tried to play.

Most people get placed bronze to low silver, so yea it's very good.

They changed rankings this season and made it so that Gold 4 the lowest gold rank and it goes up to Gold 1 and then Plat 3. I believe Gold tier is the highest you can get to via placement alone. I wont 8 games out of the 10 where I lost the first and last by a close margin but won the rest consecutively and got placed in Gold star which is basically Gold 1, then I lost 2 matches and dropped down to Gold 2.

You can be placed higher than gold after the 10 placements. I got plat 2 last season after 10 matches. This season is a different story though..

Watching Serenity last night, the meta seems to be find a wall that is 2-3 sections and place a reinforcement w/ Black Mirror on only one of the walls.

See where the enemy is, then wallbang them through the unreinforced sections of the wall. Since they can't see you, and you're behind the reinforced wall 90% of the time except to wallbang once you know where they are.

Auctopus

Maintenance today on PS4 "should" take care of that. Looking forward to playing with you guys again. How is America?

I wouldn't get your hopes up tbh. The game is such a fucking mess right now. Hope your enjoying your trip to the states, by the way.

Thanks guys, it's great. -1 but Sunny and dry so the weather's been excellent to walk around in.

And that's shit to hear about the game, hopefully that maintenance fixes it but it sounds like a problem fully on Ubi's end.

Edit: took a couple picks in the Nintendo store if you guys are Nintendo-inclined...

Hey everyone,

I saw this game is $20 at Best Buy for the ps4 version. How is the player population on the ps4 vs pc (the other platform I would buy it for)? Is there a ps4 pro patch for the game? Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I saw this game is $20 at Best Buy for the ps4 version. How is the player population on the ps4 vs pc (the other platform I would buy it for)? Is there a ps4 pro patch for the game? Thanks.

It's $19.19 at CDKeys http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/tom-clancy-s-rainbow-six-siege-pc-cd-key-uplay

If you have the option to play it on PC, I would 100% recommend the PC version.

Population on both platforms are at an all-time high.

PS4 Pro patch is incoming, not sure of the date however.

I have 2 questions.

When you're droning at the start of a round and say you leave it someplace without it being destroyed, then later in the same round you launch your 2nd drone. What happens to the first drone? Does it disappear or can you find it again and pick it up?

Also, if someone shoots the Hibana pellets right on the mirror of MIRAs thing, would it break or do nothing?

Nothing beats shooting through a wall randomly just guessing the enemy is on the opposite side and getting a kill.

I have 2 questions.

When you're droning at the start of a round and say you leave it someplace without it being destroyed, then later in the same round you launch your 2nd drone. What happens to the first drone? Does it disappear or can you find it again and pick it up?

Also, if someone shoots the Hibana pellets right on the mirror of MIRAs thing, would it break or do nothing?

Nothing beats shooting through a wall randomly just guessing the enemy is on the opposite side and getting a kill.

You can find it again and pick it up. Typically though you wouldn't launch your second drone, just reactivate the first and move it until it gets destroyed. It's up to you however.

Hibana will break the mirror and make a hole equal to the number of pellets she shot.

nOoblet16

You can be placed higher than gold after the 10 placements. I got plat 2 last season after 10 matches. This season is a different story though..

Not this season.
I was talking about this season. Last season it was easy to get to plat and even diamond was relatively easy. They changed things around this season.

CrayToes

Thanks guys, it's great. -1 but Sunny and dry so the weather's been excellent to walk around in.

And that's shit to hear about the game, hopefully that maintenance fixes it but it sounds like a problem fully on Ubi's end.

Edit: took a couple picks in the Nintendo store if you guys are Nintendo-inclined...

Sounds and looks awesome. Glad you're enjoying yourself whilst we have a miserable time with Siege. That's a very charming photo of Alpine though. Glad you guys decided to meet up. Beating his chest as always.

Sounds and looks awesome. Glad you're enjoying yourself whilst we have a miserable time with Siege. That's a very charming photo of Alpine though. Glad you guys decided to meet up. Beating his chest as always.

Thanks. You won't be surprised that I'm often complimented. And often beating something. My chest not being included.

Also, what a waste of time. Fly overseas and you go to a store of yesteryear? A fallen company that hasn't been able to make a quality system since about 1990. Shame, Auctopus. Shame.

andycapps

Hey everyone,

I thought the PC version was also $20 today at BB. I'd get it on PC if you have a PC that can handle it. Population is great.

CrayToes

Thanks. You won't be surprised that I'm often complimented. And often beating something. My chest not being included.

Also, what a waste of time. Fly overseas and you go to a store of yesteryear? A fallen company that hasn't been able to make a quality system since about 1990. Shame, Auctopus. Shame.

How about you stop talking shit about the goat video game company and get on Siege to test this new patch.

Just downloaded a 4GB patch on PS4.

You too, scrub.

How about you stop talking shit about the goat video game company and get on Siege to test this new patch.

You too, scrub.

On my way but only because I want to.

Sir, yes sir.

Don't listen to him. He's a dummy and not good enough to live in North America.

Does anyone wants to play this on Xbox right now?

Absolutely not. Go back to the best system, Pravir.

The region lock bug is fixed!

Now we'll use American muscle to carry you.

nOoblet16

Man I would if I could play frequently with a full squad like we used to back in the day. On Xbox I can get a couple of hours of full squad Siege games almost every day.

Plus I have to download the patch now otherwise I'd have been up for playing on PS4 right now.

Man I would if I could play frequently with a full squad like we used to back in the day. On Xbox I can get a couple of hours of full squad Siege games almost every day.

Plus I have to download the patch now otherwise I'd have been up for playing on PS4 right now.

Less complaining, more downloading.

CrayToes

On my way but only because I want to.

Don't listen to him. He's a dummy and not good enough to live in North America.

Now we'll use American muscle to carry you.

I may be on a different account because my main account might have caught a ban for possibly team killing these douchebags that might have killed my good friend Cauliflowernia. Maybe.

Top Bottom