• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

zero_suit

We did guys. We. Did. It.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3036-1419993919-14_preview.gif

Indeed, my friend.

strafer

Even with the reviews the review thread is at its usual.

Shame.

Also, my sub on Youtube is now filled with Wonder Woman stances which is awesome to see.

Now that Wonder Woman is over let's talk about Justice League, Superman is finally back after nearly dying in BvS.

This movie looks awesome.

strafer

The last Depp movie I really gave a fuck about was Donnie Brasco, such a good movie.

Alll he does now is dressing up and hiding behind a bunch of makeup.

WhiteWolf

I remember the times when someone on Schmoes Know said WW was a mess and another person who wrote the open letter to WB also calling WW a mess along with comparing WB to a poorly run doughnut shop. They matter not anymore.

Going to see it this Saturday, can't wait.

Effect

Yeah not bothering with the review thread in general even with the positive reviews. Said my piece early on and that's good enough.

IHaveIce

Banned
Really happy to see wonderwoman doing so well.
I expected this one to be first good movie of the dceu
bc no snyder and the premise of SS was dogshit.

Even despite all the bought reviewers by marvel it did so well :eek:

I'm joking. I hope dceu will now continue to bee good and hard dc stans finally admit after having a good movie that bvs was just trash

strafer

I'm joking. I hope dceu will now continue to bee good and hard dc stans finally admit after having a good movie that bvs was just trash

I don't understand why people keep saying that the movie did good because no Snyder, he's a producer on the movie.

Effect

I don't understand why people keep saying that the movie did good because no Snyder, he's a producer on the movie.

This. His hands are all over this film. Helped with the story and cast Gal in the first place too. I think his fight choreographer actually worked on Wonder Woman as well. It's why he was at the premiere and why Jon Berg included him in his tweet about those that helped make the film a reality. HIs name isn't just there because.

The Snyder shitting needs to stop and hiding it behind spoiler tags doesn't make it better. Say WW is a good to great film and stop. Stop ignoring tons of people enjoyed and loved the other films and made them successes. Doing it with a shit post directed at other people isn't helpful, needed, or even constructive. Been said before keep that shit in the OT threads. it's not clever and it's not funny. It doesn't need to be in every damn DC thread.

Even with the reviews the review thread is at its usual.

Shame.

Also, my sub on Youtube is now filled with Wonder Woman stances which is awesome to see.

Now that Wonder Woman is over let's talk about Justice League, Superman is finally back after nearly dying in BvS.

This movie looks awesome.
What I thought we have just started yet

Come on, there are three things you will find in any DCEU thread:

1. Snyder is the worst thing ever
2. Batman is a gleeful murderer ala the Punisher.
3. Suicide Squad was LITERALLY formed to take out Superman.

The only thing Wonder Woman has that is different from Man of Steel and BvS is the tone and the character development direction.
They share the same pacing and similar cinematography.

This. His hands are all over this film. Helped with the story and cast Gal in the first place too. I think his fight choreographer actually worked on Wonder Woman as well. It's why he was at the premiere and why Jon Berg included him in his tweet about those that helped make the film a reality. HIs name isn't just there because.

The Snyder shitting needs to stop and hiding it behind spoiler tags doesn't make it better. Say WW is a good to great film and stop. Stop ignoring tons of people enjoyed and loved the other films and made them successes. Doing it with a shit post directed at other people isn't helpful, needed, or even constructive. Been said before keep that shit in the OT threads. it's not clever and it's not funny. It doesn't need to be in every damn DC thread.

Producing=/=directing

Haven't seen the movie, obviously, but I'm positive it feels nothing like a Snyder film, and that's a good thing.

Effect

Producing=/=directing

Haven't seen the movie, obviously, but I'm positive it feels nothing like a Snyder film, and that's a good thing.

No they're not the same thing but a producer isn't an insignificant role. Even Patty Jenkins has no problem talking about how helpful and involved Snyder was. Of course it shouldn't feel like a Snyder film since he's not directing that doesn't discount his involvement.

This is how I thought this would play out. If the film was received negatively he'd get the blame. They'd blame his casting of Gal Gadot, story involvement, etc. If it was received positively people would try their best to dismiss his involvement.

jrush64

Banned
No they're not the same thing but a producer isn't an insignificant role. Even Patty Jenkins has no problem talking about how helpful and involved Snyder was. Of course it shouldn't feel like a Snyder film since he's not directing that doesn't discount his involvement.

This is how I thought this would play out. If the film was received negatively he'd get the blame. They'd blame his casting of Gal Gadot, story involvement, etc. If it was received positively people would try their best to dismiss his involvement.

lol, thats exactly how it's playing out. There's no surprise there.

Effect

I thought Snyder barely gave some ideas for the movie but apparently he gets to share the success of this film lol.

This has been the narrative some have wanted to push. Do we know the full extent of how involved he was? No. Was it just some ideas? No way in hell it logically could be that given his official roles and what others have said regard to him. The bulk of the credit still goes to Patty Jenkins. To say Snyder gets no credit at all and that WW's success had nothing to do with him is wrong and just continued unfair shitting on the man.

shingi70

Banned
BvS and Suicide Squad are okay movies. BvS in particular isn't the Batman/Superman film I would.have made but the Ultimate Cut is pretty great. SS's hate seem to have exploded from the movie being a runaway success, despite reviews and people on both sides of the dceu disliking it.

I'm glad Wonder Woman is reviewing so well. Now it's time for WB to fix their production issues and start cranking out more movies.

I'm pleasently surprised it managed to remain at 96%, I thought I would wake up to it and be at mid- 80s.

Can't wait to see the movie this Thursday.

And from the comments here..I guess the review thread became its usual self...

Mario007

I thought Snyder barely gave some ideas for the movie but apparently he gets to share the success of this film lol.
He cast Gadot, he came up with the framing of her character, he gets a story credit so he came up with at least a substantial amount of ideas (along with fact he mapped out the universe when making BvS) and his fight choreographer is working on WW. He is basically the "marvel movie making factory" for WW.

Every single DCEU thread.

Seriously I think I'm done with them until if JL somehow gets favourable reviews. I predicted the shittalking won't stop no matter how WW is received and I guess I was right.

On a happier note, its so great WW is doing well critically. Hope this brings on more female led superhero movies and female directors.

Top Bottom