• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan: New 3DS XL Colors - Limited Edition Orange x Black & Turquoise x Black

Orange is my favorite color, but I do not really like this shade of orange. I like a brighter orange like the DSi one. If i had the chance i would probably get it though. There are so many versions or editions of the 3ds that I want that it is a problem. I cannot really justify having like 5 3ds though. Though decisions to be made.

BowieZ

Banned
So that makes how many different colors/special editions of the 3DS line?

Did the DS line have as much as this 2.75 years down the track?

EDIT: I just did the math. 3DS/2DS = 63 editions, and in the same timeframe, DS/DSLite = 108

clem84

Gold Member
So many colors in the rest of the world... yet in NA we still have only 2 main colors... + a few LEs.

apricot

Oh gosh oh gosh I really love the face buttons being a different color! Hope they start doing that more often.

Also Nintendo really has to stop releasing different 3DS hardware or else I'm going to die under a pile of 3DS's

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
They will never come here. More than being angry at NoA, it's Nintendo's fault the 3DS is region locked in the first place. So a big

FUCK YOU

To them as a company before anything. God, the Orange 3DS is insanely good looking. Fuck.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, the plastic is glossy? I guess it does kind of look glossy, huh...

Fuck, love affair over. :-(

what the snap is it with gaf and orange

... in saying that, is there an image that compiles every single iteration of the 3DS we've had so far? I think Charizard 3DS is still my favourite but geeeeeeez, they make it hard.

Camp Lo

Banned
You would think with the advent of iPhone 5C and Moto X, they would at least attempt to cater to the hipster gaming scene.

Salsa

about glossy: it doesnt bother me that much considering that my black one is supposed to be matte yet the top is still fucking covered with fingerprints

They have glossy... ;-; Lucky... The turquoise looks pretty too. Why do they always need that black hinge though? It really ruins the colours.

lantus

Damn those look slick. It really is hard living in the US and constantly being jealous of all the cool systems that get released elsewhere.

Peagles

Orange reminds me of the custom orange x black Naruto DS Lite I build for my fiance back before we were together, hehe.

Elija2

Has Nintendo ever released a 3DS edition where the Circle Pad wasn't grey? I guess they just can't be bothered to.

zroid

Banned
I'm sure plenty will hate it, but I love the fact the buttons are coloured. Really injects life into the two-tone design of the device.

dat turquoise

image.php

3ohjut.png

TnK

Hatsune Miku color scheme? I'd buy that 3DS in a heart beat. Something about that shade of blue/green really makes me love it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Not a fan of the glossy exterior but... THAT ORANGE

Fuckin give it up, NOA. Get someone in the hotseat that will bring me that beauty on a silver platter.

Serious question, do Nintendo not like money?!?! I would buy that orange one IMMEDIATELY if released in North America. I already own an original 3DS and this would absolutely get me to upgrade.

Am I just overreacting? Or will it be released here in time? Is this normal?

HNNNNNG! This is killing me.

Also, would porting these work? Are there no language options?

Top Bottom