• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

kcurlsjr

Neo Member
So I just bought the Standard Edition on PSN. After checkout completed, another screen popped up with pictures of each of the classes. I could select one and a checkbox appeared.

.... what did I just select? (Feelin' pretty dumb--I should have paid more attention)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I just bought the Standard Edition on PSN. After checkout completed, another screen popped up with pictures of each of the classes. I could select one and a checkbox appeared.

.... what did I just select? (Feelin' pretty dumb--I should have paid more attention)
I think those were just avatars, and you downloaded one of the four. lol

Ploid 3.0

Wait...really?

They also let PS4 players use KB/Mouse on Paragon.

I saw this game in the Epic launcher as I went to play Paragon. I didn't know it was buy to play, but if it's really good I'll consider it. Epic has been pretty good with Paragon support, and I like their graphics (they've been using Paragon as a test for new stuff it seem, like cloth, and hair effects).

Grisby

Torn on this myself. I was gonna take a chance on it but something feels a bit off about the early access stuff/almost full price/micro-transactions. Might wait and watch this thread like a hawk for impressions.

I also wonder if the devs have any intention on bringing that cross progression stuff to Xbox.

Risev1

Hey guys. I bought the game earlier yesterday (Founder's Pack) but I did not get a preload on the PS4 for some reason. Fortunately, I've just been able to download the game from the store. However, when I access the game, it takes me to a screen which asks me to input a code or buy the founders pack (which I've already bought). Accessing the founder's pack store page just tells me that I already own the proof of purchase of it, and I get no other option. Any ideas?

B-Dex

Hey guys. I bought the game earlier yesterday (Founder's Pack) but I did not get a preload on the PS4 for some reason. Fortunately, I've just been able to download the game from the store. However, when I access the game, it takes me to a screen which asks me to input a code or buy the founders pack (which I've already bought). Accessing the founder's pack store page just tells me that I already own the proof of purchase of it, and I get no other option. Any ideas?

Game goes live at 7am pacific tomorrow. (10 eastern)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Keyboard and Mouse support on PS4, Yeeeeeesssss!!!!!!

Bought the Ultimate Edition upgrade for £79.99 in celebration.....hope I don't regret it lol.

Wtf is this garbage? Now I have to deal with native mouse users on console?

I feel like epic just took a shit on my comfy couch.

Well, definitely not playing this game then.

Archpath1

Wtf is this garbage? Now I have to deal with native mouse users on console?

I feel like epic just took a shit on my comfy couch.

Well, definitely not playing this game then.

It's good for you, they'll kill everything for you with them easy precision headshots

Am I a cynical prick, or does this game feel like it's been designed solely as a cash cow?

Despite that, I'm kinda interested, especially with my new rig. I've heard the performance is fantastic. I'm in the middle of Splatoon 2 atm, but I'm watching it on Twitch too.

killroy87

I went and pre-ordered the super deluxe or whatever it's called on PS4. The one that gives me an extra key. I spent a lot of the day watching the game.in twitch, it looks like a lot of fun. But man alive, that's a lot of UI.

Anastasis

I went and pre-ordered the super deluxe or whatever it's called on PS4. The one that gives me an extra key. I spent a lot of the day watching the game.in twitch, it looks like a lot of fun. But man alive, that's a lot of UI.

Do you have someone in mind for the key?

I think it's a pretty cool incentive to grow the user base.

Orca

Am I a cynical prick, or does this game feel like it's been designed solely as a cash cow?

Despite that, I'm kinda interested, especially with my new rig. I've heard the performance is fantastic. I'm in the middle of Splatoon 2 atm, but I'm watching it on Twitch too.

So wait for it to be a f2p game...

How do you make a f2p game that DOESN'T try to get some money out of the player?

Perineum

They said PvP is coming later didn't they?

Nope. There is a competitive leaderboard thing in the horde mode, but it's who got more points, and not who shot others.

Either way, if it's EPIC, and Paragon is anything to go by, then PC vs PS4 is a non issue. They figured it out in that game 100% IMO.

Kei-

No you get a $20 discount through their site.

Ahh, thanks for the answer. A friend was in alpha and was gonna give me their code if they got one for the base game through that. Looks really neat though, I'd like try it but never played one of these builder games, not sure if I'll enjoy it enough to justify the purchase.

AXE

I kinda like the aestetics and style. Cartoonish but not barren.

Also, that female constructor is my kinda woman!

Get.

BSpot

I hope this isn't in poor taste, but if I am understanding correctly, someone with a PC purchased Early Access version who didn't need/want their PS4 version could link it to someone else's PS4 account... well... my 40th Birthday is this week and it would be appreciated. I really want to check this out on my PS4. :)

They just brought the servers down, presumably to apply a patch.

I had some luck opening my first ranged weapon llama. I got a sniper rifle + shotgun hybrid weapon. It's a very fun and powerful weapon. The bonus stats I got on it aren't great, larger mag, fire rage (only good one), and reduced decay rate... but it's just a strong base weapon to begin with. It's pretty expensive to craft, but that isn't usually an issue I think. I just need to farm some gizmos.

I hope this isn't in poor taste, but if I am understanding correctly, someone with a PC purchased Early Access version who didn't need/want their PS4 version could link it to someone else's PS4 account... well... my 40th Birthday is this week and it would be appreciated. I really want to check this out on my PS4. :)

I think this is an okay ask, but I don't think it's a good idea since linking accounts will be for all epic games and the save is shared. Happy birthday though.

BSpot

I think this is an okay ask, but I don't think it's a good idea since linking accounts will be for all epic games and the save is shared. Happy birthday though.

Oh, I didn't realize the save thing. Yeah, no worries. That'd be weird. Thanks for letting me know! And thanks for the birthday wishes!

[edit] Those that have played this recently... how good is the combat controls? (or the controls in general?) Stiff? Great? Awkward? Smooth and fun to do things?

Koeta

Wait....I see people buying into early access but isn't this game going to launch as free to play?

I was wondering the same thing lol, I mean I'm happy to see people support the game, it's fun but shocked more people aren't just waiting for f2p to launch.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Alright, got a few keys from Epic PR it seems ;)

According to this the keys may not be live before 10AM Eastern so from now and until 10AM Eastern I will post something which the first to answer correctly will get a PM containing a key that I got sent.

depths20XX

Game seemed interesting but after watching some streams it seems kinda lackluster. Stream I saw the dudes had been playing for 6+ hours and the game was basically a cake walk with not even a hint of challenge. It also seems to borrow a lot of ideas from mobile gacha games as far as progression, which I'm not a big fan of.

hydruxo

Wait....I see people buying into early access but isn't this game going to launch as free to play?

Not until sometime in 2018 though. I'm not sure why people keep posting this in here. If people want to buy into early access, why does it matter?

Wait, there are 116 heroes to choose from and level up in the game? I knew I was going to like this game, but that makes me even more excited. After playing 35 days worth of Paragon, I support Epic's F2P model.

I think that this is important. Is the game co-op style like Left 4 Dead?

For example, I enter the game with 3 bots on my team which are replaced with players as soon as they enter my game?

Top Bottom