• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameseek selling the Switch for £198.50 (again)

Munter

Deal going live soon

https://www.gameseek.co.uk/video-ga...50-Over-80-off-RRP-only-at-GameSeek-yes-again

"You may remember earlier this year GameSeek proudly sold Nintendo Switch consoles for an amazingly low price of £198.50 and honored pre-orders at that price, a story so big it grabbed a nation of doubters that thought it was too good to be true. And then we delivered. Well, we changed the world then and we aim to please again by bringing back this incredible price for Nintendo's latest console, and we're pleased to announce that this deal is going live now.

NOTE: You must be registered with GameSeek to take advantage of these special offers. Click here if you are not already a member to take part!

Our £198.50 Nintendo Switch offer shaves £80 off the RRP, saving you money, and our stellar service will ensure that you receive the best experience possible.

Combine this with our Cyclonic Deals, and you'll be laughing, while saving money on a massive scale. £198.50 Switch + £25.00 Super Mario Odyssey = unbeatable deal!"

MTC100

Banned
That's insane, do they ship outside the UK? -not for the Switch but for that crazy 25 Pound Mario Odyssey price...

stoke1863

Just like last time, it's all a publicity stunt to give them self's a big pat on the back at how "amazing" they are. No one apart from maybe 3 people will get the deal and they will be boasting about how they are changing the industry again on social media afterwards.

Honestly they are a shady company.

Richie

Goddamn, wonder if they'd offer a digital code for Oddyssey at that price (that works worldwide)? I'd take it yesterday.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Thought it might be worth putting this MCV article here too. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/game...-by-discounting-aaa-titles-to-just-15/0185914

Online retailer Gameseek has informed MCV that it's shaking up the games retail space with some very aggressive pricing. CEO Stephen Staley says that the site is now "selling AAA new releases as low as £15 each." The intitial promotions are set to cost the company £250,000 but that's just the start, with Staley insisting that it will continue to run these low prices indefinitely.

The pay-off for Gameseek is that the increased traffic to the site will benefit its third-party retailers. Gameseek recently relaunched a new responsive site with a heavy emphasis on its new third-party marketplace, which has a simplifed fee system with no listings or sign-up fees. Retailers can sign up at Gameseek Marketplace.

We've been given a list of deals that are live on the site, or upcoming, and the prices are stunning. Uncharted Lost Legacy will indeed cost just £15, the SNES Mini is priced at just £50 and upcoming Switch titles, Mario Odyssey and Mario + Rabbids, are just £25 - as is the upcoming Assassin's Creed Origins, Forza 7 and Far Cry 5 - amongst many others.We don't know how much stock Gameseek is putting behind each deal, but at these prices it's certain to create a stir.

Gameseek were in the news last year after honouring its low Switch pre-order price of £198.50. That price is set to return as part of the deals, though again we don't know exactly when, or how long that particular will last.

The promotion will centre on pre-order prices, in order to avoid direct competition with third-party retailers, who at present can only sell current releases and other items on the site. Head to www.gameseek.co.uk to see the first deals now.

MTC100

Banned
Tried to order something, it keeps staying in an endless loop at the delivery options after entering my address...

Way to shake things up.

Dimentios

They do not ship outside of the UK! I tried it the first time months ago and they wouldn't honor my order because of their shipping policies.

Blimey. Are the distributors cool with this? Do they not set minimum prices?
I don't think Nintendo is allowed to do stuff like this. They got in trouble for price fixing in Europe in the 90s. You have GAME.co.uk forcing bundles of £399.99+ and other stores selling for £325 solo.

Dingens

The positive media, low number of units to sell and private data to sell will make sure they can turn a profit.

Not falling for it, sorry

Eldon

Tried to order something, it keeps staying in an endless loop at the delivery options after entering my address...

Way to shake things up.

Same, i tried to check the price for delivery in my country. I solved by stopping the refresh in the right moment. Let's hope everything works for saturday

un1que

Set up some notifications and will keep my fingers crossed. Can't see a list of the ones I've requested though. Are you supposed to get an email saying something or will that only be when the deal starts?

Seriously, don't get your hopes up. As someone suggested- they're a slimy company and will probably have 1 or 2 consoles for sale. Don't give them the time of day.

yatesl

Am I being dense, or have they changed the time? I'm sure the Switch was supposed to be 6pm Saturday, now it's 10am Sunday.

gngf123

Unsurprisingly, Mario Odyssey ran out of stock in all of a second. Probably only had 1-2 copies.

Same will probably happen with the Switch.

Taker666

A warning..if you buy any deal today you won't be able to even try for a Switch tomorrow.

They have a 1 deal per 24 hours rule...and it's 24 hrs exactly. If you buy at 11am today..you won't be able to buy any deal before 11am tomorrow.

I was lucky enough to snag Metroid:Samus Returns for £20 yesterday (pure dumb luck. I tried when it went up at 9.45am and it was supposed to have been sold out..and I just stumbled across the deal at a random time yesterday afternoon.. when it wasn't even supposed to be available. I could have got ARMS for £30 as well if not for the 1 item rule)..so I was unable to try for any of the items that went on sale at 9.45 today.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

ozfunghi

The way he describes the counter as starting again after a certain amount of stock has sold makes me suspicious - these sorts of deals will already have low stock, and they’re splitting it up across multiple offers? Each one probably only has 5 stock allocated at a time. Just designed to keep you dwelling on the site and hopefully get some collateral sales

Is shit like this legal in the UK? Here in Belgium there is a law, that stores/shops with offers like this, have to have enough stock for at least one day. If they run out of stock during that day, they have to allow customers to place an order at the same price/conditions for when they have this particular item in stock again.

Zomba13

I tried to get a game earlier, clicked the button as soon as the BUY showed up after the count down. It wouldn't add it to the cart. I expect the same to happen with the Switch.

Anyone manage to get this? Once the timer ran out it said add to basket, I added to basket and then got a gateway timeout and then no longer in my basket.
Strangely they had 29 in stock before for the regular price and 29 still in stock afterwards, doubt anyone managed to get it for the reduced price, or if so maybe just one unit.

Anyone manage to get this? Once the timer ran out it said add to basket, I added to basket and then got a gateway timeout and then no longer in my basket.
Strangely they had 29 in stock before for the regular price and 29 still in stock afterwards, doubt anyone managed to get it for the reduced price, or if so maybe just one unit.

Nope, had the same issue.

Their twitter is being flooded with people calling it a scam.

And tbh I'm thinking it is now.

When people here on Gaf posted crazy deal after deal i already knew this was a scam and you not gonna order the 1 copy that is in stock if even.

There are sites that have some nice deals but this would be throwing money away.

Zomba13

Yup. Same issue. Hit add the second it showed up, it said "added" but didn't add anything to my cart then it just went back to "add to basket" and repeated the thing. Pretty sure if there even were any available it was just a single one.

I clicked add to basket and it said 'added', but when I went to the basket nothing was there.

I might try again next time it goes live, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Nope, had the same issue.

Their twitter is being flooded with people calling it a scam.

And tbh I'm thinking it is now.
I think they'll sell like 10 at this price and nothing more.

Also the other cyclonic deals are trash. Unlike Amazon who have a clear idea of stock level based on the lightning deal percentage, there's nothing to suggest if you have a chance here.

I literally clicked add to basket the second the Everybody's Golf deal went live yesterday and was told they were all gone. So they either had like 10 at most or they've been taking the piss.

Taker666

When they say limited stocks ..they mean really limited.

This is like the old days of Amazon when they used to have really good deals on Black Friday/prime day....and the only way you had a hope of getting them was if you were able to click within a fraction of one second. Amazon at least had a waiting list in case people backed out..no such luck here.

I think they may well be putting 1 or 2 up at a time.

I thought since they made a big deal out of the Switch being £198.50 again, they'd have had a fair amount of stock of that, just so they'd'd have good some good word of mouth..but I'm doubting that now as stock was gone in well under a second.

^
Nah, they're fine. lots of the other deals have been easily orderable.

Every scalper in every country they ship to would have been waiting for the second it ticked over, as well as lots of legitimate customers. Even if they had tens of units for the offer (and more is unreasonable given they have to be taking a loss on them) , they'd be gone in a second anyway.

Now if it turns out they're not shipping the orders that people did get in, you might have a point.

Top Bottom