• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hellblade Hits 500k Copies Sold, Game Profitable Ahead of Devs Expectations

Didn't care much for the light puzzle stuff but really liked the rest of it. Big fan of Ninja Theory, this and Enslaved being my favourites.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't care much for the light puzzle stuff but really liked the rest of it. Big fan of Ninja Theory, this and Enslaved being my favourites.

I actually stopped playing due to the light puzzles, they were just so annoying and far too common. Without them I think I would have really enjoyed it.

Ballthyrm

Well making their money back is only part of the equation, if we as gamers want more games like that they will need to make a decent return on their investment.
They took a gamble by developping Hellblade and i think IMHO that the only way to see games moving that way if they make tons of money out of it.

I am glad they didn't lose any money but we won't see more projects like this if everytime a developper try something interessing they bet the studio on it (pretty sure that's what Ninja Theory did)

We have exemple of really good studios that closed just because they sold below expectation and i can't accept that the market doesn't have any margin for error., especially for sucessfull developper (Looking at you Visceral games)

Falchion

This is amazing, I still haven't bought it but I definitely will. Hopefully they take on more projects like this.

I actually stopped playing due to the light puzzles, they were just so annoying and far too common. Without them I think I would have really enjoyed it.

Bought it the first week but its remained in my backlog after seeing many comments like this. Frequent puzzles just do my head in now

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well making their money back is only part of the equation, if we as gamers want more games like that they will need to make a decent return on their investment.
They took a gamble by developping Hellblade and i think IMHO that the only way to see games moving that way if they make tons of money out of it.

I am glad they didn't lose any money but we won't see more projects like this if everytime a developper try something interessing they bet the studio on it (pretty sure that's what Ninja Theory did)

We have exemple of really good studios that closed just because they sold below expectation and i can't accept that the market doesn't have any margin for error., especially for sucessfull developper (Looking at you Visceral games)

Well they made their money back already, so I imagine all the sales they see this holiday season is pure profit!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I honestly didn't enjoy any of their pervious games but I absolutely LOVED this game.

I honestly didn't enjoy any of their pervious games but I absolutely LOVED this game.

Opposite for me. Love DmC and Enslaved and didn't care for Hellblade in the slightest. Presentation was neat but I honestly found the game too long. And the cadence it had was just painful.

taizuke

Definitely want to get it at some point is just i have quite a couple games in my backlog. Still, huge congratulations to Ninja Theory for this achievement both in making of the game and this milestone. Here's to more!

diabl0

Game lost its appeal real fast for me. Graphically was stunning, quite enjoyed the combat, but the puzzles were mundane to say the very least, but congratz never the less.

sublimit

Banned
I haven't played it yet (i don't think it's the type of game i will enjoy) but congrats for its success. I hope more indie devs try a similar approach to game development in the future. Just make a physical version as well.

fermcr

Didn't like Hellblade. Game has great graphics but just too weird for my taste... in spite of that, congrats to Ninja Theory for the success.

I'd be up for a DmC2 but not before a Devil May Cry 5.

Which would then lead into the DmCxDevil May Cry crossover where you play as both Dantes.

I mean why the fuck not

Humdinger

That dev diary is well worth watching. Got me shedding a few tears.

They did a good thing. This success is well-deserved. Congratulations to Ninja Theory.

Heavenly Sword should get another chance

IMO

Yes.

Then give us a AAA Blade game. You got them AAA vampire chops to handle it
blood-rave-e1479768350469.jpg

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I wouldn't say it deserves it, cause that depends entirely on the angle.

But this game was incredible IMO. I'm glad it was profitable.

Top Bottom