• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-Game XMB! (No, it's still not here)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
chunny-happy-cvs2.gif

pr0cs

jon bones said:
does anyone actually want to explain what this means? : (
we don't really know what all it means but we're speculating that it means a lot of the "dashboard' UI/OS functionality of the PS3 will now be available when in the middle of the game (ie: checking if your friends are online, messages, etc).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
pr0cs said:
we don't really know what all it means but we're speculating that it means a lot of the "dashboard' UI/OS functionality of the PS3 will now be available when in the middle of the game (ie: checking if your friends are online, messages, etc).

oh ok, i only have a 360 so i wasn't aware what the ps3 online stuff was like.. regardless, i'm happy for you guys! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Azrael said:
Never gonna happen. Custom soundtracks for video games at the OS level is patented by Microsoft.
As long as game developers want custom soundtrack, it's possible. Check Burnout Paradise and Wipeout HD, both titles has it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Brandon F said:
It means Sony is now only 78 steps behind Xbox Live instead of 79!

is one of those 78 steps ads within the dashboard?

Finally! I hope it has all the features that the main XMB has.

GQman2121 said:
No cap limited on PSN friends!!!!!

Seriously

I only have 20 or so people on my friends list, but several people I have tried to add who I have on XBL and Steam won't go through because they are too popular. Just recently I tried to add a few people from the Burst Limit thread and things are also filled up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Maybe comes with the video store update that will be launched....sounds like July.

iceatcs

• In-Game XMB
-Messenger - Voice, text and/or webcam?
-Browser while gaming?
-Custom soundtrack?
-Youtube recorder?

• VOD
-Download (best) or Rent/Number of view time?
-Multi-audios and subtitles?
-TV show?
-Region/DRM Free?

• Other suspects
- 2D or XMB Trophies award supported?
- Gamer Profiles?

slider

I saw the thread title. I saw the thread starter. And despite that (being a cynic) with a trembling hand I clicked on the link thinking I'd be posting "misleading thread title FTL" but no...

More important to me than the in-game XMB is the "more features than expected". Could this be the rumoured in game stats from the web? And to me the wording suggests it's more features than expected to the in-game-ness rather than it'll pour you sambuca shots or whatever.

Dammit. I bet by the time I hit reply this will be at 11 pages and all my points will be redundant.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
nubbe said:
I hope I will be able to see the time when I hit the PS-button
Most important feature IMO, seriously wtf?! The PSP has it!

Top Bottom