• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT7| Now With a Whole New Messaging System

Asgaro

Wtf is this Google

screenshot_20160516-2mzxhd.png

It's linked to this VR game they are promoting:
(Turn on the volume)
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256660364/movie_max.webm

catmincer

Damn that XA Ultra looks good, but I'd love a phone that size, with that screen with a top of the line spec.

Back in the day I had the Lumia 1520 which was the best Windows Phone you could get then, it was awesome. It also wasn't waterproof so whoops.

I love huge phones, I have a Z3+ and it's good ut I wish the screen was bigger. If this didn't have a Mediatek chip I'd be interested.

Back in the day I had the Lumia 1520 which was the best Windows Phone you could get then, it was awesome. It also wasn't waterproof so whoops.

I love huge phones, I have a Z3+ and it's good ut I wish the screen was bigger. If this didn't have a Mediatek chip I'd be interested.

I still miss my over heating, poor battery life, app starved Lumia 1020, damn that thing had a great camera!

I've gradually been building up in screen size from OPO, LGG3, Z3+ and now a 6P, not sure I could deal with anything bigger than this to be honest as I don't have the biggest hands in the world.

terrier

Oh, the Moto G4 and G4 plus were announced, not sure how I feel in this situation.

Moto E will probably take Moto G spot , with 5 inch screen and same SoC. Or maybe keep 410.
I hope they add fingerprintscanner, time for a budget smartphone with that feature.

Oh, the Moto G4 and G4 plus were announced, not sure how I feel in this situation.

It's weird that they're both the same size and same internals, apart from I believe just a fingerprint scanner and better front facing camera?

Apparently they'll be £169 and £199 in the UK, released a few weeks apart next month.

Moto E will probably take Moto G spot , with 5 inch screen and same SoC. Or maybe keep 410.
I hope they add fingerprintscanner, time for a budget smartphone with that feature.

Uses 617 and the plus model has a finger print scanner

It's weird that they're both the same size and same internals, apart from I believe just a fingerprint scanner and better front facing camera?

Apparently they'll be £169 and £199 in the UK, released a few weeks apart next month.

It's the rear camera that's different, still weird though. Honestly I'm wondering why they even have two models.

It's the rear camera that's different, still weird though. Honestly I'm wondering why they even have two models.

Ah right. Yeah I'm not really seeing the point in paying another £30?

My wish list of improvements over my G2 is met with the basic model: better storage onboard, improved CPU and ram, and better battery life.

The lack of differentials between them is very odd.

terrier

Moto G4 yes, 617, not sure how it will perform vs 615 that was a bit disappointing with 1080p screens.
But i guess Moto E will grow to 5 inches, 720p screen and use same SOC as Moto G4, or keep the previous SD410 to keep cost as low as possible.
Maybe add fingerprintscanner too. WIshful thinking to have a decent low cost phone for my mother

Moto G4 yes, 617, not sure how it will perform vs 615 that was a bit disappointing with 1080p screens.
But i guess Moto E will grow to 5 inches, 720p screen and use same SOC as Moto G4, or keep the previous SD410 to keep cost as low as possible.
Maybe add fingerprintscanner too. WIshful thinking to have a decent low cost phone for my mother

Honestly I think the G4 plus is taking the G's place and the normal G4 is taking the E's place, I mean we would have been due for an E, but I think that line might have died with most of Motorola

terrier

Honestly I think the G4 plus is taking the G's place and the normal G4 is taking the E's place, I mean we would have been due for an E, but I think that line might have died with most of Motorola

that is a possibility now with Lenovo. I still think a 5 inch phone is needed these days. I would have understood two Moto G, one 5 inch the other 5,5. But well..... business desicions, sometimes do not make sense at all.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Seems to be aimed at Indian market hence the event there. In counties like India and China the price gap is different. 30 bucks difference really matters over there.

Seems to be aimed at Indian market hence the event there. In counties like India and China the price gap is different. 30 bucks difference really matters over there.

True, I honestly can't see every model getting a US release.

Also anyone who wanted to buy something from Motorola's website......whelp

http://www.motorola.com/us

And last thing, I pretty much figured out my major issue, front fingerprint scanner with onscreen buttons looks terrible.

Yeah, I looked all over for one, a shame sense it looks like the best 2016 flagship so far.

I mean I'm not going to buy one but I'd still have liked a look just cause I'm interested. Plus if the rumours of them making this year's Nexus phones are true I'd like to see what HTC's design language is about ATM, you know what I mean?

thenexus6

My new phone search is finally over. I got a new Huawei P8 Lite today for £70.

Just setting it and quite impressed. Few lame apps I can't delete, but whatever. Threw Nova launcher on there right away.

New Moto G looks, eh. With it going to 5.5" screen, I guess the Moto E will step up to 5" 720p, 2GB Ram, SD410.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Those phones are disgusting. Absolutely tasteless.

Volotaire

I have started to care a lot less about phone design because I now keep my phones in cases, but holy lord what is that Active design.

Also I believe the Active has a dedicated button that can be programmed to do a few things which is good I guess if you are scuba diving or something.

kami_sama

I'm going to repeat what I already said. After the OP2, the OP3 just seems bland.
Like it or not, it was at least distinguishable, with the horizontal camera bar and the sandstone back.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
OP3 looks fine. It's hardly hideous to some large degree.

OP3 at least around these parts will live and die by the specs, price, and if it actually has the band support for the NA/EU carriers people here use.

kami_sama

OP3 at least around these parts will live and die by the specs, price, and if it actually has the band support for the NA/EU carriers people here use.

I didn't say that it is ugly. Only that it falls short of the OP2.
One thing I lke about it is the position of the jack. I always have my phone upside down in the pocket, so it is more convenient.
Will consider it, as the only problem I've had with OP is the horrendous update delays.

The issue is it's still one plus. I'm sure it'll be a great phone but the companies politics and policies will insure it dies pretty quickly.

The fuck, I just checked moto's website, we're actually getting more moto G4s in the US, we have a cheaper "play" phone with a 410 and 5 inch 720p screen.

gsmarena_001.jpg

So yeah....death of the E I guess?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Goodbye, Moto X; Hello, Moto Z

As VentureBeat reported last week, Motorola has at least two flagship phones in the works once again this year, including a pair of 5.5-inchers codenamed Vertex and Vector Thin. And in an attempt to bridge old and new, these two devices will marry the new brand name with last year’s Moto X model names. The result? Vector Thin, the more premium handset, will be known as the Moto Z Style, while Vertex will apparently be dubbed Moto Z Play.

Plus, in a move designed to implement even further branding consistency, Verizon Wireless’s Droid versions of these phones are also receiving a nomenclature tweak. Gone are the Droid Turbos and Droid Maxxs of years past, to be replaced by “Droid Edition” riffs on the global brandings; think: Moto Z Play Droid Edition.

Finally, the modular backplates that Lenovo and Motorola are banking on to differentiate these phones in a crowded marketplace — such as a pico projector, stereo speakers, and premium camera grip with optical zoom lens — will be sold at retail not as Amps, but as MotoMods.

The entire ecosystem of phones and backplates is widely expected to be revealed early next month, at the Lenovo Tech World show in San Francisco, which starts on June 9.

Top Bottom