• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade coming to the U.S. via Gamestop Exclusive (also avail on Nintendo.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been saying that Nintendo has until March or April before I got the PAL version. I had been holding out not only because of what happened with Tatsunoko vs Capcom (where I got the Japanese version and then the North American version) but also because the backlog and its enormity dictates that no specific game needs to be played right now or even this year. Xenoblade, Dark Souls, Skyrim, Skyward Sword, Last Story receive no special "now" treatment.

Also saves money when you don't run out and buy everything as soon as its released.

But umm yeah what I really meant to say was: YaY!

wsippel

Banned
My favorite track in the game, probably best battle theme music of the last decade. 1:00 is when it really kicks in.

You Will Know Our Names
Amazing track as well, but one you'll hear a lot playing the game. Whereas Unfinished Battle only plays once, in a fucking awesome cutscene. What a waste.... :D

The Satorl Marsh night theme is also really great. Damn, the whole soundtrack is outstanding. Just like almost everything about this game. Except for the animations outside of the few "real" cutscenes - which were done by companies like Production IG and the company that did the MGS4 cutscenes (Digitalscape?), so of course they were incredible. Amazing stuff Nintendo didn't even care to hype up, or point out at all.

backlot

I promised I would buy it during Operation Rainfall so I'll buy it now. I hope Amazon will sell it though.

I have no idea what the game is about but I guess I'll find out soon.

chris3116

If it's true, why bother to release it on Wii?

Nintendo could remake the game in HD and release it on Wii U at launch along with The Last Story and make a HD RPG collection.

Spoo

I can see it now.

vRVJj.jpg

Kunan

I'm ok with this. Maybe GS might actually put up a poster in their stores for it, which would be more marketing than it would get otherwise.

If it's true, why bother to release it on Wii?

Nintendo could remake the game in HD and release it on Wii U at launch along with The Last Story and make a HD RPG collection.

Probably much less money involved in doing it this way (plus they might use the EU version, translation and VA is already done). If they don't have confidence in its ability to sell, they won't bother upgrading it and releasing it in a pack with more games.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
This is gonna introduce a lot of doubt as to whether we should import The Last Story from PAL or not...

Boney

Banned
oh man my parents are going to australia next week and I was gonna get them to pick it up for me.

what to do what to do, should i wait?

gafman help me!

ultron87

oh man my parents are going to australia next week and I was gonna get them to pick it up for me.

gafman help me!

Wait and buy it in April. Do everything you can to encourage more such games to be brought here.

Cheska

Ahaha, right after I imported it and modded my Wii. Figures :p

I'll end up double dipping to show my support at least!

For Europe. They need to remove all errant instances of the letter 'U' from the subtitles.

that shouldn't even take a week, let alone 6 months

this is NoA being NoA.

Earlier, Reggie said "Skyward sword isnt the last great game for the wii, let's talk in December", so NoA CLEARLY Knew beforehand they would be releasing this game next year, why wait so long?

NoA is the only reason. Redubs don't take that long, and resubs don't take that long. It's just NoA wanting their holiday market to focus on Skyward Sword. And why is this game GameStop exclusive? They never wanted to release this game is why, they think it will bomba, and isn't worth releasing. They're making it GameStop exclusive so they have a limited ship run so if the game does bomba they can say "i told you so", and if it doesn't, and the game sells out like it did in Europe, Nintendo will just shrug. No matter how well this game sells, Nintendo's incompetence shows and they still won't localize Pandora's Tower and The Last Story/World.

/minirant

entremet

Man, some people here get so self righteous about GameStop. It's just a fucking store. I never shop there because I prefer the convenience of Amazon, but if they get an exclusive or a game I was awaiting, I will sure give them my business.

Leeness

I...don't know how to feel about this.

I still think NOA is scum. I hate that they made people beg for this game. I still never really want to give them my money ever again. And I know they're doing this to pretty much be all "lol we told you so" when it sells poorly because they're not gonna advertise it, and then we'll never get RPGs again.

But I also am happy for anyone who hasn't imported it already, and I will buy it again to support MonolithSoft.

I feel conflicted :/

Boney

Banned
Wait and buy it in April. Do everything you can to encourage more such games to be brought here.

but i was gonna have the whole summer for it and zelda, if i wait I wait 'till school starts!

but if i import, if I sell my wii I won't be able to play it on Wii U.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Figured they would do that to fill the hole between Zelda SS and Wii U. Now, if only it wasn't retailer exclusive and if we had some confirmation for Last Story too.

wsippel

Banned

gafman help me!
Your parents come back before April 2012? Your Wii is modded, or you're not afraid to mod it? Import.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Despite having put 110 hours into the JP version, if this is real, I'm definitely going to get the US version and play again.

Reversed

I'm hoping it does well in sales. The long await that motivated people in interest to import this game, and hatred responses of RPG players towards NoA for the delay, might have affected the interest of getting Xenoblade.

That's why I wish they market this game as possible as they can. It's not Mario, who got Karts and 100 people disguised as Mario around, but advertising Xeno's landscapes in any way is not a bad idea.

Cheska

Ahaha, right after I imported it and modded my Wii. Figures :p

I'll end up double dipping to show my support at least!

EDIT:
For Europe. They need to remove all errant instances of the letter 'U' from the subtitles.

Wait, does this mean they might redub the whole game?

Also, is it really a smart idea to release this in the cluster fuck of RPGs that is Q1 2012?

Midou

Because the Wii needs games in 2012.

Nintendo also needs to start showing people that they have an interest in core gamers and that they have new IPs.

Is there a lot of 3rd party games that do well on the Wii though? This late into the gen, it may have been better for them to give great first impressions on their interest in core gamers on the Wii-U, I also imagined a Xenoblade HD-make on the Wii-U was going to be what they were going to do.

Foffy

Banned
Is there a lot of 3rd party games that do well on the Wii though? This late into the gen, it may have been better for them to give great first impressions on their interest in core gamers on the Wii-U, I also imagined a Xenoblade HD-make on the Wii-U was going to be what they were going to do.

Xenoblade is first party, and some third party games have done pretty well. Sonic Colors sold millions, for example. :p

Hiltz

so..why is this not coming out until april?
its already localized

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a good excuse. However, Nintendo has Rhythm Fever planned for a February release and a TBA release for Mario Party 9. Maybe Xenoblade will be the platform's last big title from Nintendo with Square Enix delivering the potentially last worthwhile big game with Dragon Quest X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom