• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5: Behind the scenes look (video) [Up: 1080p/60fps]

SparksBCN

Neo Member
All we want is for Forza Motorsport to be what it used to be: a game focussed on racing and motorsport.

Ain't gonna happen though.
For the life of me that I will never understand this. The "motorsport" part of the game has remained more or less the same since the first game, with the only exception being the removal of endurance races which I can understand why they did it (kinda pointless in a game that doesn't have real time progression, weather, or properly done pit strategy, so they were more like 30-45 minute hotlap sessions).

The only thing they did was adding different types of "races" (drag, bowling) which you can choose to do them or not, so I fail to see how FM1 was more motorsport oriented, since the careers have always been formed by 3-7 lap races without proper pit strategy or qualifying sessions.

lil smoke

Banned
For the life of me that I will never understand this. The "motorsport" part of the game has remained more or less the same since the first game, with the only exception being the removal of endurance races which I can understand why they did it (kinda pointless in a game that doesn't have real time progression, weather, or properly done pit strategy, so they were more like 30-45 minute hotlap sessions).

The only thing they did was adding different types of "races" (drag, bowling) which you can choose to do them or not, so I fail to see how FM1 was more motorsport oriented, since the careers have always been formed by 3-7 lap races without proper pit strategy or qualifying sessions.

They did jump the fence a bit.

The focus is on cars. Some people want ONLY Motorsport, and everything related to it, rather than any energy on gimmicks.

People can like what they want, but lets not pretend the focus did not shift.

Posted?
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/FM5_LE_Announce
b9700770-688b-4340-a8b5-c327538a4e2e.jpg

G Rom

Ahahah, you got to love the P1 being the cover car for the standard and day one editions, yet those editions won't have access to it...
I had already preordered the day one edition, looks like I'll have to switch to the LE.

787b in Forzavista quality... *drool*

Can't wait to see the updated build which will be shown at GC.

Edit : Misread the news, the cars will be available to everyone, those are just special by the livery and the tuning, worthless then.

saladine1

We are overwhelmed by words like DLC and car packs.

Whatever.

As mentioned, it would've been nice to see some rather enticing footage of the game before talking about DLC and car packs and MonIeZ.

m23

So the McLaren they had on stage and on the trailer is LE only? and yeah not even a book this time

* The cars featured in the Limited Edition Car Pack and the Day One Edition Car Pack of Forza Motorsport 5 have been customized with unique Xbox One liveries and feature custom tunes designed by the developers at Turn 10 to improve performance above their stock counterparts. The stock versions of these cars will also be available on disc in Forza Motorsport 5.

Stock version is on disc. The one in the LE is just an upgraded and tuned version.

SparksBCN

Neo Member
Ahahah, you got to love the P1 being the cover car for the standard and day one editions, yet those editions won't have access to it...
I had already preordered the day one edition, looks like I'll have to switch to the LE.

This doesn't make any sense, seriously, WTF were they thinking?

And yeah, I will have to cancel my Day One preorder. I was sure they wouldn't be limited editions because they were launch games. Now I wonder if we will be seeing LE's of Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

Edit: Ok, the stock cars are on the regular game, which makes this limited edition car pack even more pointless. Great.

G Rom

So the McLaren they had on stage and on the trailer is LE only? and yeah not even a book this time

No, they're just souped up versions in both the day one and limited car packs. All cars will be in the standard version.
So basically the LE is for the steelbook, a couple of decals, VIP membership and the tokens...

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

787b in Forzavista quality... *drool*

Can't wait to see the updated build which will be shown at GC.

Edit : Misread the news, the cars will be available to everyone, those are just special by the livery and the tuning, worthless then.

nm. just saw your edit. i too freaked out that some of the best cars would be locked behind the limited only to see its really just a turn 10 livery and tune. big deal. standard (digital) edition all the way.

ZQQLANDER

Pretty sweet imo. Could be better but I haven't bought a Forza game since "3" so I will probably go for it.

Edit: I'm such a sucker for steelbooks

shinnn

I hope they release the LE here.

new build for Gamescom:

Conference attendees will be able to play an updated build of the game, as well as check out the “Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition” cover car – the Audi RS7 Sportback – on display in the Xbox booth throughout the week.

saladine1

No, they're just souped up versions in both the day one and limited car packs. All cars will be in the standard version.
So basically the LE is for the steelbook, a couple of decals, VIP membership and the tokens...

So, standard edition doesn't lose out on cars?
Good.
Standard edition it is..

Hana-Bi

So, standard edition doesn't lose out on cars?
Good.
Standard edition it is..

The VIP Membership will include five exclusive cars:

VIP Membership – Forza Motorsport 5 VIPs enjoy exclusive benefits, including 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events, an exclusive in-game player card badge, and in-game gifts from the Forza community team.** VIPs will also have access to the Forza Motorsport 5 VIP Car Pack, featuring five amazing cars only available to VIP members, including:
•1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C — Marketed as “the fastest streetcar in the world,” the 427 S/C is the most desirable of all the Shelby Cobra variants. Out of the 100 that were planned only 53 were built. They are nothing less than a purpose-built race car converted at the last minute for street use.
•1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird — Dubbed the “Yellowbird” by journalists during a test drive event, the 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird earns its name thanks to the canary-like chirping of its twin turbo blow-off valve. Just 29 of these cherished classics were built.
•1991 Mazda #55 787B – One of the most beloved race cars of all time, the 787B holds the distinction as being Japan’s only winner of a 24 Hours of Le Mans race. Featuring a brash green and orange livery and an unmistakable screaming Wankel rotary engine, the 787B continues to inspire more than 20 years after its debut.
•2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor — Say hello to your rear view mirror's worst nightmare. The Raptor is essentially a factory-built pre-runner race truck with suspension to match its under-the-hood muscle. Slide it, jump it, whatever you like — it just begs for more.
•2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport – Even among hypercars, the Veyron Super Sport stands alone. After all, this is the car that currently holds the Guinness record for “World’s Fastest Car” at speeds approaching 270 mph.

Top Bottom