• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #26 | goodbye white man blinking gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Who the fuck is David?
tumblr_inline_o58r6dmSfe1suaed2_500.gif
http://jeff.zone/post/156958399361/i-never-quite-got-how-many-direct-employees-of-gb

The staff you'd consider to be ”Giant Bomb" staff are all the people you see on camera plus David, who handles a bunch of business-related tasks behind the scenes.

Oh wow... When did that happen and why? It's kinda disappointing to see all of those personalities not interact anymore.

Also, when I browse the site I see more GB West, including a video form of the Bombcast. I must be garbage at browsing their site, or I'm not seeing everything because I'm not premium.

Thanks guys =)

Joeku

Oh wow... When did that happen and why? It's kinda disappointing to see all of those personalities not interact anymore.

Thanks guys =)

They got too big for their one-city britches.

Honestly, part of it is Vinny has always wanted to go back to the east coast and the other part is that Ryan's death allowed for opportunism in content direction. I don't mean that in a bad way, but it certainly meant things started to change.

Beast in the East needs to be two days a week. 2 hours of Yakuza 0 a week ain't enough.

I know, but then I would have to list Colbert in New York and where do you even put Kat Dennings?

Like, a couple hours ago I saw ten seconds of Two Broke Girls and it encompassed Kyle Gass putting a microphone on her cleavage and saying "These real?" to which she responded "Yeah," and then he said "Nice," as he walked away. Based on that and my limited experience with this and other shows on the network I would classify her in the way CBS kind of wants to classify her; as "lmao slutty millenial".

Patryn

GBeast is stacked this year. You guys think GBwest will eventually bring on a new member to balance things out?

There is literally a job posting for a new editor for GBWest on job sites right this moment.

I don't expect the new person to start until after E3.

For the record, they are also planning on hiring a new video producer for Beast this year as well. That job posting has not gone up yet.

I'm going through past GOTY podcasts, and I'm really looking forward to Dan being present in a year with a new Zelda RPG and 3D Mario in it.

The man ramrodded Mario Kart 8 onto the list, for Christ's sake.

popo

HR will do the first cut, but he'll get the ones that HR pass along.

Quite, Jeff will have final say. For all the talk of how slow large corporations move, and there is some truth in it, Gamespot never seem to take as long to hire anyone. Okay, so it is more important to get a good fit at GB and GS can be said to be just looking for warm bodies - but still. IMO that job posting should have gone up the day after Austin left, instead they will be likely to get his replacement a full year later.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
When did that even happen? It was mentioned here recently and I don't think I've ever seen/heard it.

popo

Also Jeff can't read all of the resumes on air, someone's gotta trim the fat first

Apparently the plan was for Brad to read all the ones HR passed on first and then give the best to Jeff, but it didn't work out ...

null_5fb00f4db3084ed9.jpg

When did that even happen? It was mentioned here recently and I don't think I've ever seen/heard it.

I think it was alternative facts.

HA! I should have spend longer googling for my dumb joke image. This one even looks a bit like Bradley.

sleeping_at_desk_24193.jpg

Is Weekend Drew like, "purge" time Drew, where he gets all the usual bad things out of his system so that he seems extremely kind hearted and normal during the week?

I think Drew mentioned that Scanlon is a Irish name but being in Ireland I dont think I have ever heard the name once.

I guess it sounds Northern Irish. Maybe Scottish? In my head I can I hear Sean Connery saying in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom