• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Scans of Halo 3 PICS OF THE FORGE IN ACTION!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
jmdajr said:
co-op co-op co-op

hope its true

If it says that, it is mistaken, since we told Famitsu nothing of the kind. They, like EGM, played System Link. Perhaps that is what they are discussing.

RyuHayate

OH MAN OH MAN

Seriously though, awesome, awesome, awesome, stuff.

I'm so happy the trilogy is going out in such a great way: a lot of weapons to wield, many vehicles to drive, customization through the roof and nearly reaching heaven above... I want to finish the fight right now!

C4Lukins

Stinkles said:
If it says that, it is mistaken, since we told Famitsu nothing of the kind. They, like EGM, played System Link. Perhaps that is what they are discussing.

I am going to go with what Famitsu says, and just assume you guys at Bungie do not know what you are talking about.

Geoff9920

Stinkles said:
Ok then, thanks for clarifying.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Stinkles said:

h8 u, r00ining r00iner

Phatcorns

Stinkles said:

Yeah, they must have assumed that since system link co-op is in, then online would be a given. They did indeed say though, that all game modes would be online on Xbox Live.

Any comment on the "multitude of players" comment for co-op?

If the covenant turret is just like the one in Halo 1, there's no way that thing would be useful as a support weapon. You can't aim at anything further than 20 meters away.

Human weapons 4 life!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mojovonio said:
Online Co-Op confirmed?

THANK YOU JESUS

-

Stinkles said:

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Instigator said:
If the covenant turret is just like the one in Halo 1, there's no way that thing would be useful as a support weapon. You can't aim at anything further than 20 meters away.

Human weapons 4 life!

think of the one from the sceptre in halo 2

Mojovonio said:
Online Co-Op confirmed?

THANK YOU JESUS

c64226bc86.jpg

sankao

PetriP-TNT said:
I admit that Im not fan or anything, but those pics look rather generic
What already out generic game has this kind of generic graphics ? Because I want to play it, right now.

rakka

Stinkles said:

lol, owned.

as i said before...

rakka said:
Nothing we didn't know in the scan...

co-op would be nice news in future though :)

JdFoX187

Banned
PetriP-TNT said:
"everything we are seeing here we have seen previously in a) other Halos b) scifimovies c) other FPSs"
I highly doubt that, but good troll attempt. But you do know all movies, games, books etc. borrow from each other? Or did they not teach that to you in middle school?

C4Lukins

PetriP-TNT said:
"everything we are seeing here we have seen previously in a) other Halos b) scifimovies c) other FPSs"

This is a very compelling argument you have here. I will now go reevaluate my love for the series.

FFChris

PetriP-TNT said:

Well, no, not really. 'Generic' is not really a word you would associate with Halo.

FFChris

BuzzJive said:
Thread does not deliver. I want translation of the FORGE pics. What's going on in there?

Looks like a Crackdown style, 'drop a load of shit into our map' feature. Which is cool.

But yes, a translation of the article would be nice.

JdFoX187

Banned
Forge looks like Keys to the City from Crackdown. Which is great because I've always wanted different vehicles on maps that wouldn't let me have them :lol

Isurus

Stinkles said:

Will you be able to confirm whether or not online co-op is in the game prior to launch (such as when the game goes gold) or will we just have to wait until the 25th?

Teen Ape

Besides vehicles though, what can you throw into the map in Forge, and how many people can be in that gametype simultaneously? Thats what I wanna know. As far as everything else is concerned with this scan...it just makes you feel like Bob from the Enzyte commercial, wearing that big fat ass grin from ear to ear all day long.

Isurus said:
Will you be able to confirm whether or not online co-op is in the game prior to launch (such as when the game goes gold) or will we just have to wait until the 25th?
I'm putting a bet on a surprise announcement that online co-op is back in the game at the last minute and this is all a smokescreen because the information was leaked too early from the beta. If this is the case, I'm not going to be particularly happy with the misinformation.

I'm a cynic, but this is my opinion from now on until I'm proved wrong.

Teen Ape said:
Besides vehicles though, what can you throw into the map in Forge, and how many people can be in that gametype simultaneously? Thats what I wanna know. As far as everything else is concerned with this scan...it just makes you feel like Bob from the Enzyte commercial, wearing that big fat ass grin from ear to ear all day long.

Looks like you put as many Guilty Sparks as your heart desire.

NJ Shlice

Shake Appeal said:
maybe they're saving it for some prelaunch event!

DARE TO DREAM

I sure hope. But i'm starting to just cope with the fact that I don't think it will be in.

But WHATEV. You can't miss something you never even had...

Teen Ape said:
Besides vehicles though, what can you throw into the map in Forge, and how many people can be in that gametype simultaneously?
Well in that scan crates and boxes are seen being moved around (and frozen mid air :D ) so you might assume that you'll be able to place pretty much any prop (anywhere) on the map that is available in campaign or otherwise, theirs a lot of potential to be sure.

Proelite

PetriP-TNT said:

If I ever see you praising any other FPSes that are known to gaf, you're one dead man.

SepticLiquid said:
So Forge is pretty much a Halo version of HL2's Gary's mod correct?
Wouldn't say that, more like Garrys Mod lite if you must make a comparison (since it doesn't appear that you can actually modify/add anything to what already exists which you can do ad nauseam in Gmod).

Teen Ape

HallwayGiant said:
Well in that scan crates and boxes are seen being moved around (and frozen mid air :D ) so you might assume that you'll be able to place pretty much any prop (anywhere) on the map that is available in campaign or otherwise, theirs a lot of potential to be sure.

Besides just placing inanimate objects though to play around with, what else can you do? It looks unique for a console game but I guess I just need more info on it before I'll really dig Forge. Everything else still looks great as hell though.

Phatcorns

BuzzJive said:
Thread does not deliver. I want translation of the FORGE pics. What's going on in there?

Here's my best!

"The You-can-do-anything Forge"

"In the new Forge mode, during battle you can freely place things like weapons and vehicles. And you can share your re-arranged maps onto xbox live. In addition to being able to use this as a map editor by yourself, if you start Forge with many people will there be various other ways of playing?"

"Being able to edit the map during battle is the main attraction. Suddenly vehicles can start raining from the sky and interfere with the battle."

"You can interfere with the battle from god's point of view"

Top Bottom