• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Digital Foundry's video, and playing BotW a while, I'm thinking I'll probably either return or sell my Switch. Got caught up in the E3/Metroid hype and there's not a whole lot of games - outside of BotW - that I enjoy right now. I'll probably hold off until Summer 2018 or later.

Anyway, if there's anyone looking for a Blue & Red Neon Nintendo Switch (with screen protector) in the Tri-Cities area of BC, shoot me a PM.

Willing to sell at cost & pass it on.

PS: Any updates on the Metroid LE and Amiibo? I've been seeing the new Splatoon ones pop up.

The guardian BotW ones were up in the USA I saw yesterday, but of course no mention of them or the Metroid/Mario Odyssey ones in Canada /facepalm

Kiro

Whoa, Prime gives a golden lootbox to Overwatch!

Anyone with Prime and not Overwatch have a code to PM me, please? If not, no worries. I am not trying to beg. Just figured if someone had one lying around! :D

Lexxism

Whoa, Prime gives a golden lootbox to Overwatch!

Anyone with Prime and not Overwatch have a code to PM me, please? If not, no worries. I am not trying to beg. Just figured if someone had one lying around! :D
Till when? I need to check my account later. Hopefully it is still available

teeg

I redeemed for that Twitch Prime Overwatch code. I don't play Overwatch.
So if someone wants the code, reply and I'll send it to you.

Hmmm, I thought $29.99 was the MSRP for new 4K releases.
Oh well, $10 more is well worth it for John Wick.

I was lucky enough to get a 4k copy of John Wick and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon for 20$ each when HMV shut down.

Almost no one has 4k players so the good movies were all still there.

Anyone here interested in Deadly Premonition? Got a spare Steam key from the board game Kickstarter. Grab it if you intend on playing one of the greats.

gone

frequency

Anyone here interested in Deadly Premonition? Got a spare Steam key from the board game Kickstarter. Grab it if you intend on playing one of the greats.

Quote me

Thanks very much. I've been interested in the game for years but was unsure of buying because I don't normally play those types of games. Now I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks very much. I've been interested in the game for years but was unsure of buying because I don't normally play those types of games. Now I'll definitely check it out.

Hey, have a blast pal. It's easily one of my favorite games.

Just be aware the game has some very unpolished combat. I'm pretty sure I heard that the original design of the game was going to solely involve investigating and interacting with the townsfolk. Either way the characters are still awesome. Hopefully it runs fine on your PC.

Wow, has Mass Effect Andromeda hit $40 before? So fast... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00ZPZQIE2/

I'm still waiting for EA Access (way too much to play at the moment anyway).

I think with Origin Access last week it was like $30. I paid full price in that game on release because I'm a dummy and really like Mass Effect. Never even finished it. If it's like $20 I'd say it's worth. Otherwise it honestly isn't worth the time investment the game is asking of you

mileS

Is there any way to tell when a game sale is going to expire on Amazon? I was looking at getting Nioh for $49 (even tho I'm positive it was cheaper on PSN a couple weeks ago) Walmart has the same sale but its not in stock here.

leeman

Is there any way to tell when a game sale is going to expire on Amazon? I was looking at getting Nioh for $49 (even tho I'm positive it was cheaper on PSN a couple weeks ago) Walmart has the same sale but its not in stock here.

Amazon cancels their sales whenever the retailer they are copying cancels theirs. So if Walmart stops the sale, so will Amazon...

Lexxism

So what are you guys doing with your switchless mk8 bundle? Just returning it? Or wait for BB to email you?
I just returned mine. The email are most likely for those who got their order cancelled. We won't get any since we were able to get our order.

2 days ago or so you were worried about your delivery estimate and now you're already selling it...

Yep. They're not super readily available, so it was very much a buy-now, think-later decision when I saw the NowinStock app flash on my screen.

Now I know more about it, which of my accessories it works with, etc. I'm comfortable waiting a bit.

If there's no revision by the time Fire Emblem Switch or Metroid Prime 4 come out, feel free to chastise me then, but right now, this feels like when I resold my PS4 to wait for the PS4 Pro & the games that released around then. (Which I never regretted doing.)

BotW is amazing, though.

Anyone noticed a price disparity between games on PSN and Xbox Live lately?

Was just scoping where to pick up a few games and noticed Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is $10 more expensive on PSN. Checked other titles and found some similarly disconcerting differences. Valkyria Revolution for example is $15 more expensive on PSN than Xbox Live.

Weirder still is it's not across the board, other titles are comparable ly priced.

Is it a matter of PSN treating Canadian exchange differently?

This probably sounds selfish (because it is!), but when Switch comes back in stock, lets not reveal which store it is, and put it in email tags so lurkers can't see muhahaha :D

Was just scoping where to pick up a few games and noticed Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is $10 more expensive on PSN. Checked other titles and found some similarly disconcerting differences. Valkyria Revolution for example is $15 more expensive on PSN than Xbox Live.

Weirder still is it's not across the board, other titles are comparable ly priced.

PSN doesn't charge tax. There is that.

krae_man

24.99 is the US price so that one is at par on the Xbox store for some reason. It isn't on PS4 or Switch.

Edit same for Superbeat Xonic

Kyolux

I just returned mine. The email are most likely for those who got their order cancelled. We won't get any since we were able to get our order.

If I don't pickup something at purolator, do they send it back?

I mean I know I tried to exploit a glitch but.. No way I'm going to spend 10 bucks of gas and an hour to go and get it at puro and then bring it to Best Buy because they decided it's ok to ship half of a bundle.

Edit: puro is sending it back after 5 days. So that's probably my best option. I'll call Best Buy and check with them tomorrow.

Tapejara

From what I can tell, when Sony implemented regional pricing on the Canadian PSN they made it so they set the converted price, not developers/publishers. For example, this means that every $19.99 USD release comes out to $26.99 CAD, even if the game's Canadian pricing is cheaper on other storefronts. Edit: Basically, Sony seems to handle the conversion themselves, and their conversion process is 1:1. Here's another example with What Remains of Edith Finch, which is $21.99 on Steam yet $26.99 on PSN. In other cases, the publisher uses a 1:1 conversion on all platforms, like the Disney Afternoon Collection which is $26.99 on PSN and Steam.

frequency

Hey, have a blast pal. It's easily one of my favorite games.

Just be aware the game has some very unpolished combat. I'm pretty sure I heard that the original design of the game was going to solely involve investigating and interacting with the townsfolk. Either way the characters are still awesome. Hopefully it runs fine on your PC.

I've seen a lot of videos about it so I have an idea what to expect. I also play a lot of B-tier games and actually don't play a lot of AAA so unpolished games are my forte. I look forward to playing it. I've had my eye on it for years so thanks very much again!

killroy87

Have any Switch eShop games been on sale at all yet? I don't think I've ever seen a single one discounted. I feel like it's time to discount a few, especially launch titles like Shovel Knight.

Lexxism

Personally, I'm waiting for it to hit EA Access
OT: Was you who ordered this tablet holder @ Amazon?
51oziz0%2BT9L._SL1200_.jpg

SickBoy

Have any Switch eShop games been on sale at all yet? I don't think I've ever seen a single one discounted. I feel like it's time to discount a few, especially launch titles like Shovel Knight.

I'm waiting on Puyo Puyo Tetris. Played the demo with my wife and she then got me eShop cards for Father's Day. But until it's a bit cheaper, the demo offers all the Tetris fun we really need.

(In fairness, I'm not sure it's been discounted on any platform yet).

Also waiting on Thumper (recently on sale on PSN, but I like the idea of it on the go and also the theoretically display-lag-free experience on handheld mode), but that's a game I'd like to try before I buy... so I also want a demo on some sort of platform that isn't a VR demo disc :)

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Can I import a physical copy Odin Sphere from the UK for my vita without any issues?

It's too expensive in Canada and too hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom