• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Epic Mickey 2 is coming to Vita later this year

infinity sales!
packaging_en_US.png

Confirmed!!!

Mael

You can't divide anything by 0. And the reason why you can't is because there is no number x that multiplicated by 0 is x. Therefore it is not defined.

Actually we have approximations to that but it depends on what your original formula.
I mean we have approximation to x/y when x=0 and y=0.

Never quite understood why you can't divide 0 by 0. If you have nothing and give nobody anything, you still have nothing, right? It should be zero.

It's because you divide zero by zero infinite times and you'll still have room to divide it by zero again. Alternatively, you can argue that 0 divided by 0 is 1, since n divided by n is always 1, regardless of what number n is. It's a funny ol' world.

On topic content: why? I say that as a proud Vita owner, but I doubt anyone is willing to buy this since they're all old enough to look up reviews which all say that it's fairly dire.

Actually we have approximations to that but it depends on what your original formula.
I mean we have approximation to x/y when x=0 and y=0.

I don't want to get banned for talking off-topic and derailing the thread, but just this one last time:

0 divided by 0 is undefined, however any fractional function a/x converges towards infinity for x->0, a->0. Based on that knowledge we can solve a lot of formulas with the assumption 0/0 = inf. But that is just a sloppy way to write it.

serplux

It's because you divide zero by zero infinite times and you'll still have room to divide it by zero again. Alternatively, you can argue that 0 divided by 0 is 1, since n divided by n is always 1, regardless of what number n is. It's a funny ol' world.

On topic content: why? I say that as a proud Vita owner, but I doubt anyone is willing to buy this since they're all old enough to look up reviews which all say that it's fairly dire.

But if you divide 1 by 1 infinite times you can still divide it by 1 over and over again.

Gah, we couldn't make up some crap like we did with the square root of a negative number?

Anyways, with regard to Epic Mickey 2, I kinda wished they would've went with the 3DS version instead. Unless that's too hard to port...? (Can't see why).

SmithnCo

Anyways, with regard to Epic Mickey 2, I kinda wished they would've went with the 3DS version instead.

But only if they finished it, there were clearly planned levels and bosses they didn't put in, probably due to time constraints. Could've been decent with that stuff and removal of the touch screen mechanics.

Well, I guess if Sony is doing a price cut this Fall with a Tearaway bundle, that might pick up some of the kids market that can't afford the new boxes and has a 3DS already.

I mean I can't imagine this has a high bar to hit a profit anyway.

Kids nowadays want a tablet, ipod, or smartphone. My nephew was big on PSP and DS, ever since getting a new ipod last year all he wants is an ipad/ipad mini. No Vita, no 3DS, even though he still plays the PSP and DS every now and again.

Is Sony personally porting this? Junction Point closed and I see an SCE logo on the lower right of the cover.

But why? Of all the games that could've been ported, why this one?

Judging from the post, it's one of the SCEE teams. I believe they developed a 2012 Europe-only PSP port of the 2011 Wii/PS3 Phineas & Ferb game, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

Aren't SCE logos on every box? They shouldn't be porting any 3rd party games IMO and the fact that they would choose this POS and not Borderlands 2 or Angry Birds as was rumored would be baffling.

Omikaru

So who is actually making this btw?

Junction Point was orbital nuked.

Sony Computer Entertainment's logo is on the box art.

8559633106_1745052ab5.jpg

Also, the PS Blog post was made by "Alex Moyet – SCEE Junior Product Manager", and he refers to work on the game as "we". I actually think one of Sony's studios is handling this one.

Is this what it's come to?

darkwing

nice

Naturally, we’re making the experience even more epic using the awesome controls of the PS Vita, including front touch for greater painting accuracy and tilt controls for racing mode. Not only that, but there’s also a two-player wi-fi co-op mode exclusive to the PS Vita, so you can unleash the power of two on the go anywhere, anytime.

Mael

I don't want to get banned for talking off-topic and derailing the thread, but just this one last time:

0 divided by 0 is undefined, however any fractional function a/x converges towards infinity for x->0, a->0. Based on that knowledge we can solve a lot of formulas with the assumption 0/0 = inf. But that is just a sloppy way to write it.

This is really what I was saying actually, I may not have been clear though.
After all, the interest in this case is a function that is close to 0, amirite?
Also why would SCE choose this game over....well over anything else really.

RPGCrazied

I really liked the first epic mickey, and really wanted to try the 2nd game, but it didn't get very good reviews. I wanted to pick it up on PS3. Maybe at a bargin price.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Since this is a brush game, I wish SCE would at least port Okami to Vita.

Oh wait, it's Capcom.

Kouriozan

This really makes no sense (same for DE:HR Wii U).
I have the weird feeling that they just want an excuse to not port future games because it'll obviously don't sell.

If SCEE is handling this, it makes a bit more sense. They had some success pushing PSP as a kids' platform in Europe, and they're probably hoping to do the same with Vita later this year with a price cut, EM2, the Lego games, Tearaway, and Invizimals.

serplux

If SCEE is handling this, it makes a bit more sense. They had some success pushing PSP as a kids' platform in Europe, and they're probably hoping to do the same with Vita later this year with a price cut, EM2, the Lego games, Tearaway, and Invizimals.

...again, against Pokemon?

darkwing

SCEE better release an Invizimals Vita game

_RT_

GAF complains about a lack of games for Vita.
GAF complains when games get ported to Vita.

GAF just complains.
ThisIsNeogaf.gif

Wow, so random. I'll buy though, despite it being a rather poorly designed game, I had fun with the PS3.

Who am I kidding, I'm starving for a new Vita game.

Ridley327

The guys porting this should look on the brightside; The Conduit HD already took the award for the year's least desired port, so they have that going for them.

Mael

The guys porting this should look on the brightside; The Conduit HD already took the award for the year's least desired port, so they have that going for them.

Well I don't know I mean it's not coming to a platform that is starved of games either...
I mean it's not coming for WiiU, is it?

Wow, I can't wait to see the framerate on this one. I still have nightmares about the giantbomb stream of the Wii U version. Could this be even worse???

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Wow, I can't wait to see the framerate on this one. I still have nightmares about the giantbomb stream of the Wii U version. Could this be even worse???
Hopefully they've make sufficient nips and tucks to prevent that.

After all, the game runs just fine on the Wii.

Top Bottom