• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Messiah

Getting a lot of Disconnects mid match on PC lately. Not rageuitters either. Anyone noticed the same?

Edit: 3 games in a row just now.

These Treasure Battle AI Names have me dying
lSqozsw.png

Getting a lot of Disconnects mid match on PC lately. Not rageuitters either. Anyone noticed the same?

Edit: 3 games in a row just now.

It's happened to me a quite a lot today. Some of them were unfortunate timing that made me look like an asshole, too. I felt really bad. >_>

Astral

This game has one of the easiest arcade modes I've ever played in a fighter even on the hardest difficulty. What's up with that?

If he's not pressing any buttons until you do. Grab him.

No I mean all they do is back up outside of neutral and wait for me to whiff a move/in closer then they use a sweep or launching mid.

It sucks feeling like I'm losing to people just laming me out and wait for me to screw up.

Such a high percentage of garbage players at the expert levels. Just the same moves over and over again. Just fought an Akuma who threw nonstop fireballs.

No I mean all they do is back up outside of neutral and wait for me to whiff a move/in closer then they use a sweep or launching mid.

It sucks feeling like I'm losing to people just laming me out and wait for me to screw up.

If he's waiting to block and punish you, do mixups so he fails at blocking. Mix up mids and lows, try throws, do frametraps.

If he's waiting to whiff punish you, don't whiff. Run up and stop/block at various ranges works wonders.

If he's waiting to block and punish you, do mixups so he fails at blocking. Mix up mids and lows, try throws, do frametraps.

If he's waiting to whiff punish you, don't whiff. Run up and stop/block at various ranges works wonders.

Do you play Leo? What buttons do recommend as a gap closer? I know f,f+2 is good but that seems like it. And they can easily sidestep that. df+3 is too slow and if I whiff its a punish.

Do you play Leo? What buttons do recommend as a gap closer? I know f,f+2 is good but that seems like it. And they can easily sidestep that. df+3 is too slow and if I whiff its a punish.

I do, yes.

For long range tools there's ff2 and ff3 (which can go into stance) and ff4,3. uf3 is pretty neat too imo.

But dashing in and then stopping, and whiff punishing -their- buttons with df2 is the best approach imo. It gets you close enough to start threatening with b1. b1 has pretty huge range and is so dangerous because of the mixups after, and the CH hurts.

I like running in a bit and then just doing raw d+1+2 too.

If you know their ranges well Leo is really good at discouraging people to throw out buttons. Just have to try to be unpredictable.

I do, yes.

For long range tools there's ff2 and ff3 (which can go into stance) and ff4,3. uf3 is pretty neat too imo.

But dashing in and then stopping, and whiff punishing -their- buttons with df2 is the best approach imo. It gets you close enough to start threatening with b1. b1 has pretty huge range and is so dangerous because of the mixups after, and the CH hurts.

If you know their ranges well Leo is really good at discouraging people to throw out buttons. Just have to try to be unpredictable.

Alright thanks for the tips. Will try to implement them tonight.

Ferrio

Banned

WR3/fff3 gives you massive frame advantage on block, so it's great. QCF1 is another good one too, great low that gives you an easy juggle on CH. Also stated above, BOK is a great choice as you low profile and get a ton of options off it (homing tailspin low crush move, big launcher, mids, or even just go into FC df3 for the knockdown).

Cyanity

Banned
Two steps forward, one step back every time I enter ranked mode lately. I keep getting promoted to Dan 2 and then demoted to Dan 1 in the same session. -sigh-

Aceofspades

Banned
Im setting at 40% Ranked winning rate out of 350 matches. Less than half goddammit :(

Also I'm stuck at the blue ranks, going higher and I get my ass kicked hard :/

Jer

Much better day today, got the platinum (easiest ever), and then played ranked for a couple hours and actually got decent matchmaking. Got to Mentor or something before getting tired. I love that run through the low ranks, so much weird play. There was a blue rank Kazuya with like 200 matches spamming u4444 like it was 1995, I actually laughed out loud.

Loving Leo, b+1,4 is so sexy. Quick question, does she have any good 12/13/14 frame punishers? Going through the top 15 move list I see 1,4 and then the launchers, anything in between?

Doomshine

Loving Leo, b+1,4 is so sexy. Quick question, does she have any good 12/13/14 frame punishers? Going through the top 15 move list I see 1,4 and then the launchers, anything in between?

for 13 you have uf+1,2 as an option, but it's -14 so you need to be sharp. For 14 you have f+2,2

Zyrox

That feel when you fight through the horde of Law's, King's and Mishima's and get to a promo match only to face the most random character you have very little experience against -_-
Now I'm almost facing demotion again.

ajb1888

Banned
This game has one of the easiest arcade modes I've ever played in a fighter even on the hardest difficulty. What's up with that?

They may have received lots of complaints after unpatched Unknown in Tag2. Took me a hundred tries at least back then lol!

Astral

I'm learning how to guard cancel and it feels very inconsistent at least with Asuka. I'm trying to do 2-3, guard cancel, d/f+3. I did it once and comboed off it but more often than not it either doesn't combo, or it whiffs, or it combos but instead of launching it just pushing the opponent away.

EDIT: Literally just did it again but couldn't a consecutive time. Grr.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I do, yes.

ff2, and ff4,3 are unsafe on block though

b1,4 has surprising reach, is a counterhit launcher, and just a disgusting tool in general.

qcf1 is a long range sweep that lets you get a mini combo on CH for kinda dumb damage.

BOK 2 is a safe mid launcher with great range that will dodge highs.

df3 is her longest range homing move, and safe on block

Spuck-uk

Banned
Oh that's NC now? I'm guessing it no longer knocks then.

NC and leaves them standing and you at +4

Theres a few characters can hit between b1 and 4, backswing blows of most varieties, jin b1 stance etc. The thing is b1 is only -12 on it's own, so you can bait out their interrupt.

Spinky

While I've played tons of the previous Tekkens, this is the first I've actually attempted to play semi-seriously, and I'm practically addicted right now to be honest. Haven't felt this competitive about a FG in a while. I'm alright at best but I've surprisingly been doing much better than I expected.

Maining Katarina for the time being, scrubs falling for her frame traps repeatedly is honestly the funniest thing. Almost sad I don't get many more after ranking up.

Online (PC) has mostly been pretty decent so far.

Astral

I played my first online matches last night against a Steve. I'm pleasantly surprised I didn't get my shit completely kicked in. It was 2-2 in 4 out of the 6 matches.

Such a high percentage of garbage players at the expert levels. Just the same moves over and over again. Just fought an Akuma who threw nonstop fireballs.

That's better than my guy, from he last page ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_WpaIa6QYY

Real talk: My Kng has gotten worse. I've lost my ability to punish properly from launcher.
I had some ok b'n'bs into running power bomb for ~60 damage and decent wall carry.

But now my hands do garbage every-time, because I've been experimenting in the lab.

The lag online and lack of games in ranked mode don't help.
Takes way to long to get your next shot.

I hit 6th Dan/Expert rank and I think that's gonna be my ceiling.

I made an attempt to play and I'm actually pretty proud of where I got, but with Crash Bandicoot coming out and summer school starting for me, I won't have the time to put much more practice into this.

Jer

Character specific, and I think KNK 2 will catch everyone stepping.

That's good to hear, I was reading it was steppable and thought that meant you could step and get a guaranteed punish between the b+1 and the 4. If it's just that you can step the KNK move and KNK 2 will stuff it, that's not bad at all.

Filben

And I see chromatic aberration in that image...Tekken 7 looks a lot better without that as well.
Yes, I do, too. It is an official press release screenshot, however. Publishers and devs really like this feature, I guess.

Thanks for the answer. I'd be glad if there were a legit option (on PS4 as well) :/

I am somewhat dissapointed with the visuals on my PS4 Pro. AF seems to be at 2x or 4x max, I see jagged edges—and that grain. Really wished I would have got the PC version, but unfortunately all my mates play it on PS4.

Top Bottom