• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Phamit

Deadly Class TP #1:

Okay, fine, I'm hooked.

It's like Persona just with drugs and killing people instead of ghosts and stuff. And the Art is so good, it really gives the book a lot of style.

ElNarez

Banned
my review of Deadly Class 22 is yelling "REALLY REMENDER? THIS IS HOW YOU DO ME?" for a long-ass while

rip #TeamPetra

but also, I am going all-in on #TeamQuan, which will not go bad for me in any way ever

Meredith McClaren is the new artist. Campbell left after 14 I think. The book has a lot of anime faces now.

CtgCEVLVIAASlMg.jpg
oqik2dj.gif

Deadly Class TP #1:

Okay, fine, I'm hooked.

It's like Persona just with drugs and killing people instead of ghosts and stuff. And the Art is so good, it really gives the book a lot of style.
"It's like Persona just with drugs and killilng people."

That's a dam good way to summerize Deadly Class.
my review of Deadly Class 22 is yelling "REALLY REMENDER? THIS IS HOW YOU DO ME?" for a long-ass while

rip #TeamPetra

but also, I am going all-in on #TeamQuan, which will not go bad for me in any way ever
I'm so scared for Petra even though
she's a horrible psychotic person.

Messi

All I was asking for in regards to Saga spoilers ect is that if you want to talk about that shit put it in spoiler tags. Put your sad face emoji and oh what a sad moment in spoiler tags. Its not that difficult. The way those comments were typed made it very clear what happened without actually saying it. If someone wants to see saga spoilers they can click on it. It led to me reading the issue waiting for the sad thing to happen. Someone went even further and posted a name or two of people they are glad are still alive and in a book where the main characters are so few it narrows down the field quite a bit. If you see this as me trying to censor your emotional reaction or your general thoughts then I don't know what to tell you.

Sandfox

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur continues to be a fun series. Lunella is such a well written character, especially for someone so young. Kudos to Brandon Montclare, Amy Reeder and the rest of the creative team.

Yaaaay. This is all good news. I need more of his own stuff in my life again. Between this news and AD hitting shelves, there should be a nice flow of trades in the next year. And his DC stuff, looking forward to all star, if not JRJR.

Wonder what start production means exactly though. I would hope he has scripts in the bank and he means art. Could be a wait actually if not.

TheFlow

Banned
All I was asking for in regards to Saga spoilers ect is that if you want to talk about that shit put it in spoiler tags. Put your sad face emoji and oh what a sad moment in spoiler tags. Its not that difficult. The way those comments were typed made it very clear what happened without actually saying it. If someone wants to see saga spoilers they can click on it. It led to me reading the issue waiting for the sad thing to happen. Someone went even further and posted a name or two of people they are glad are still alive and in a book where the main characters are so few it narrows down the field quite a bit. If you see this as me trying to censor your emotional reaction or your general thoughts then I don't know what to tell you.
Amen this is fair.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yaaaay. This is all good news. I need more of his own stuff in my life again. Between this news and AD hitting shelves, there should be a nice flow of trades in the next year. And his DC stuff, looking forward to all star, if not JRJR.

Wonder what start production means exactly though. I would hope he has scripts in the bank and he means art. Could be a wait actually if not.
I could swear he said he started writing ages ago, but these tweets were from last week:
Just promoting A.D.: AFTER DEATH out in Nov from @ImageComics, & ALL STAR BATMAN. This winter I'll announce Wytches, AV news & a new project

We are working on it right now, I swear! Ask @jock4twenty - I am writing the prelim.

So, not quite sure. Sounds like maybe March/April for the first issue.

I could swear he said he started writing ages ago, but these tweets were from last week:
Just promoting A.D.: AFTER DEATH out in Nov from @ImageComics, & ALL STAR BATMAN. This winter I'll announce Wytches, AV news & a new project

We are working on it right now, I swear! Ask @jock4twenty - I am writing the prelim.

So, not quite sure. Sounds like maybe March/April for the first issue.

Nice, a new project too. He did talk about the potential for a severed 2 a loooong time ago but i think I'd rather something completely new. Rereading hellboy now but i need to start in at those second cycle trades, purely been putting it off because of the schedule the series has been on. I miss pearl and skinner. The last thing I remember was them teasing
the grey trader, seemed creepy as shit at the time
. I really should get a twitter thing just to follow writers and artists to track this stuff.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Read the first page of Wytches at the library... wow. Had a huge stack of other stuff so I didn't take it too. But I'll go back and be sure to grab it.

Saw on Reddit that Hickman said on a podcast called Decompressed that Black Monday Murders will be 12 issues.

I'm fine with that. Sorta...

Read the first page of Wytches at the library... wow. Had a huge stack of other stuff so I didn't take it too. But I'll go back and be sure to grab it.

Yea some folks around here aren't the keenest on it, but I quite like it. It's a little crushed up, so i understand people having some issues with it but I really like the weird folklore/mythology he comes up with in his sick creepy backwoods and it reads good in trade.

mreddie

So glad Luke Cage didn't stall unlike JJ OR DDS2. But boy it gets downright insane in some places.

So glad once PM/IF finishes the CW2 arc, we get Harlem again.

Ross61

It's being done with Bat in the Sun. JDF has worked with them before on their Super Power Beat Down series, playing Tommy twice in the White Ranger vs. Scorpion and Green Ranger vs. Ryu videos.

Looks like a photo with a bunch of effects on it
What I meant was that it looked great adaption of the source material. Thought it was just an artist rendition because most comic book adaptations aren't that accurate.

Read Steve Rogers: Captain Hydra

I like Captain Hydra, fun seeing Steve being a sneaky bastard and it seems Ulysses is a either playing everyone or going haywire, either way Carol comes off terrible.

My favorite part about Deadly Class is that everyone is horrible, especially the horrible people. They're all horrible. It's about horrible people fucking up on an almost 24/7 basis. Plus they kill people.

I love Deadly Class.

Also I've been looking for a copy of Colder Vol. 2 at one of the 30 comic book stores here in Boston and I swear to fucking god that shit is nowhere to be found. I'd order it online but it's almost like a Quest at this point.

Messi

My favorite part about Deadly Class is that everyone is horrible, especially the horrible people. They're all horrible. It's about horrible people fucking up on an almost 24/7 basis. Plus they kill people.

I love Deadly Class.

Also I've been looking for a copy of Colder Vol. 2 at one of the 30 comic book stores here in Boston and I swear to fucking god that shit is nowhere to be found. I'd order it online but it's almost like a Quest at this point.

Ta-Da!

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Dark-Horse/COLDER-TP-VOL-02-BAD-SEED/FEB150073

Buy all your shit from IST. They are really great.

Oh and I don't think Willie is a bad person. He's just in over his head. The rest though? Psychopaths. I love it.

Messi

Yeah, Willie's an alright dude.

And shit son, 10 bucks? I could kiss you. I will refrain from browsing to pick up old trades I'm missing to not deplete all my funds.

Most books on that site are 40-50% off. Even new releases. Books never arrive damaged and are packaged like a newborn baby. Don't bother with other sites.

Also all image Vol 1s are $5 on there. Buy the lesbian bdsm love and friendship series Sunstone on there and. Enjoy.

I don't buy physical comics because it's 2016, but if I did, I'd only look at IST. They've always done me right in the past.

Better shipping than Messi does for [insert two random female comic book and/or Overwatch characters here].

VanWinkle

Man. Now, granted, I'm only one episode in, but I think Smallville's version of Lex is GREAT. So much better than the seemingly similarly aged BvS version.

Top Bottom