• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HL 2 gets an update - everything in Korean - Means nothing, as usual

LQX

Why would HL2 getting updated mean anything in regards to HL3? Valve often updates their games and often those updates are bloated. Half the reason I delete most of my Valve games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
JOD5T4E.jpg

hBZZ8sN.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
GAF, no bullshit right now, is this some comic mocking of hype around the game, or is there something actually happening.

I'm mad serious right now, don't fuck me around.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Wait... wut?

Is this... like... actually happening?

Chavelo

GAF, no bullshit right now, is this some comic mocking of hype around the game, or is there something actually happening.

Man, we've been waiting for so long, that the hype basically has gone over several phases. From GENUINE hype, to SAD hype, SARCASTIC hype, and even NO hype. I think we're on APOCALYPTIC hype.

I'm actually scared that HL3 might be announced soon-ish. D:

I almost don't care if Valve is prepping for HL3.

Did this patch fix the scripting bugs? The Orange-box update killed my lets play because of a whole bunch of innane shit.

Game was spawning multiple Alxys. One to talk and one to shoot. Sometimes one would spawn in a hallway with her arms spread blocking my path entirely.

It was hilarious until it wasn't.

Why would HL2 getting updated mean anything in regards to HL3? Valve often updates their games and often those updates are bloated. Half the reason I delete most of my Valve games.
Portal 1 was updated to include a special ending that hinted at portal 2

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm seeing a bunch of posts around multiple other sites saying it was in game.

Someone modded the game to have that image to reflect the borked update.

Here, have an actual SteamPipe beta update for HL2:
Half-Life 2 Beta updated
June 25th, 2013 - alfred
We have released a Beta update for Half-Life 2 and associated games.
Changes in this update are:

Added a gl_finish cvar, useful for certain Linux GL drivers that require an explicit GL_Finish() at the end of each frame
Fixed some materials having incorrect sounds when hit
Fixed some missing responses from Rebel chatter
Fixed bad lighting on some female rebel characters
Fixed being able to pickup Grigori's annabelle in Ravenholme if you got to the wrong place at the wrong time

Theory: HL3 will actually occur in real life, and is set in NK. To play the game, players wear an Occulus Rift headset to remotely control a fully functioning android robot which Gaben has smuggled into Best Korea (hence GLADOS voice in Pacific Rim- controlling robots).

Augmented reality allows players to think they are killing Combine troops whilst in fact they take down the glorious revolutionary forces of Korea in the name of Gaben. Source engine 2.0 fills in the levels that can't be done with augemented reality. Alyx is played by the Tea Girl from the Vice Guide to North Korea.

skonvolt

하프라이프 = HALF-LIFE

ERGO:

it's HL3 or it's also possible to see soon the new Source, which will open the way to all hypothesis

Resilient

Is it happening? Because I think it's happening. But I don't want to get excited unless something is actually going on. OH MAN. Last exam today, I'm gonna come home and play HL2 JUST BECAUSE. Oh dear. Oh man oh me oh my.

Bluth54

Valve likely screwed up something with the update and nothing is happening.

It happens a lot of Team Fortress 2 updates.

Top Bottom