• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

01Net's Fifth Nintendo Article: Iwata On The Ejection Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boney said:
The introduction of fictional characters and completely forgetting about 01net kinda made them boring...

I'll still have the first 2 chapters in my heart though.

I suppose they became less topical. I just read the Millennium trilogy and have corporation corruption on the brain. :/

EDIT: Realized just now that the firs tone has first person and the rest don't. Ugh.

I know few people will see this post but whatever.

Rolf NB

ShockingAlberto said:
So it sounds like the "leaker" has doubled-down on the dual-analog 3DS idea
At this point he/she's probably having an absolute ball, making up ever more outrageous bullshit just ot see how far all this can go.

Reuenthal

Banned
I think 01net or the one who is providing the information to it discovered that trolling Nintendo makes them popular so they continue bullshiting. I am just wondering what they will come up with next.

Well Iwata could always get a job running Microsoft, Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, or Square since you can run those companies, lose millions and billions of dollars and still keep your job.

Did anyone lose their job when the PS3 failed to come close to reaching the same marketshare as its predecessors?

It is interesting to see how Nintendo has been perceived since it has put itself back on top. Lots of people do not like that one bit.

JimWood27 said:
Did anyone lose their job when the PS3 failed to come close to reaching the same marketshare as its predecessors?
kenfuntimes.jpg

Rolf NB said:
At this point he/she's probably having an absolute ball, making up ever more outrageous bullshit just ot see how far all this can go.

New translation just in:

In our latest of interviews, we could not refrain from to ask our source - what next for the Nintendo 3DS if the ignition fails to happen when the second stick analogue released. Our source vexed to tell us that engineers are experimenting with bizarre expansion for penis control of device 3D. This unusual revelation is apparently due to the nature "core" of the machine and the high preponderance makeup of males to females in the audience so that Nintendo may feel comfortable releasing such an accessory without alienating their "clients avec des vagins".

Dambrosi

Banned
GDGF said:
I can't wait to find out who the 'informant' was.
Could it possibly be that one guy from Nintendo France who accidentally leaked the Last Story Euro release at E3 and got unceremoniously canned for it?

Because this sounds like the vitriolic distortions and rumour-mongering of someone with a bad case of sour grapes.

JimWood27 said:
Well Iwata could always get a job running Microsoft, Sony, EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, or Square since you can run those companies, lose millions and billions of dollars and still keep your job.

It is interesting to see how Nintendo has been perceived since it has put itself back on top. Lots of people do not like that one bit.

Even before the DS and Wii, people didn't like Nintendo being Nintendo.
They've been making money hand over fist for decades now and suddenly a tiny stumble with the 3DS not selling a billion units in half a year and it's "NINTENDO GOING UNDER TOMORROW!"

Vic said:
Let's wait a bit before calling them liars.

Why?
It's completely absurd on any level.

watershed

Banned
I think the writer of the article is like many on Gaf who feel Nintendo has lost their way. But instead of just making a thread about why he/she thinks Nintendo is doomed this writer has chosen to create a complex fiction through a series of articles that can reach a far larger audience and carry more resonance than a forum post ever will. I suspect its just a glorified fanboy/former fanboy ranting thread.

artwalknoon said:
I think the writer of the article is like many on Gaf who feel Nintendo has lost their way. But instead of just making a thread about why he/she thinks Nintendo is doomed this writer has chosen to create a complex fiction through a series of articles that can reach a far larger audience and carry more resonance than a forum post ever will. I suspect its just a glorified fanboy/former fanboy ranting thread.
Parts of the rant make sense (like the parts about poor third party developer relations), but I'm having a hard time believing that any fanboy would be so fixated on a second analog slider.

FatCat

L01.net

And that concludes a week of great articles. Riding the storm that is Nintendo-doom. Only time will tell if their sources are the real deal. Ugh.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Boney said:
What happened to your cool outrun avatar
Changed it months ago for a Ninja Tune avatar then for the one I'm actually using. Got bored with it.

Dambrosi

Banned
artwalknoon said:
Too many on GAF have a "my way or the highway" attitude towards Nintendo.

What I mean is that, if Nintendo doesn't constantly push the technological envelope, get all the biggest third-party exclusives, and just continues to do its own thing instead, they'll never stop crying NINTENO IZ TEH DOOMXORD over it.

Oh, and some just hate Nintendo over their high-and-mighty attitude to everyone else during the NES/SNES generations.

But mostly, it's just delusional fanboy expectations constantly being disappointed.

donny2112

Who was the guy that pretended to be an official Nintendo Layton twitter account and got banned? "Wii" or something like that?

What are the odds that this "source" is him?

Yes, I think this "source" is very fake. :lol

That's how it ends? Kinda disappointing after the rest of their insanity.

artwalknoon said:

Yep, pretty much. The whole fixation on the 2nd analog stick for the 3DS and the Wii U being "the best idea we've had in ages" (a clear allegory of them supposedly abandoning the "casual" gamer and focusing on the "core") is a big massive red flag.

watershed

Banned
Lance Bone Path said:
Parts of the rant make sense (like the parts about poor third party developer relations), but I'm having a hard time believing that any fanboy would be so fixated on a second analog slider.
A lot of it makes sense if you strip away the hyperbole, but to me the "info" it provides is largely unremarkable. For example:

Nintendo has a lot of game ideas they've never used/scrapped. shocking!

Miyamoto isn't solely responsible for everything Nintendo makes. stop lying!

3rd party relations is bad. duh.

The wii u confuses people. again obvious.

There aren't enough dev kits to go around, true for every system ever prior to release.

Edit: one last one, new console in development has development issues. Bombshell.

But the hyperbole and the idea that all this comes from an insider who's pissed but isn't gonna take it anymore is what I doubt. Most of the real "information" is stuff that has been assumed or known for ages.

Theonik

walking fiend said:
of course in theory it is possible for the BoD to change Iwata, but the 1-million dollar question is, who will replace him? Steve Jobs?
That question is already answered:
Billychu said:
Robo Yamauichi's ghost from the future.
God help us all.
Can't really think of an appropriate candidate

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
AceBandage said:
Why?
It's completely absurd on any level.
I can see Iwata's position being questioned with how things have been shaping out so far with the 3DS. The way Iwata express himself these days doesn't reflect the brilliance of his thoughts & opinions in the DS/Wii era.

Vic said:
I can see Iwata's position being questioned with how things have been shaping out so far with the 3DS. The way Iwata express himself these days doesn't reflect the brilliance of his thoughts & opinions in the DS/Wii era.

Hence why its disappointing. This article is not based on any fact but its not really suggesting anything really out there. It's a perfectly logical conclusion to make, even if its based on 100% opinion.

Hell, Iwata's vision for the future has been pretty consistent. There's nothing to really suggest that there's any sort of schizophrenia in his strategy for the future really. It's just that people looking at the rise of the (separate) smartphone/"social"/F2P markets and are spinning his comments in a way that makes him look like he's scared of losing sales directly from iOS (when in fact, he was expressing concern over the value of gaming as a whole. Both in terms of monetary sales value and in terms of the value of "craftmanship" - in light of games that focus on operant conditioning and cheap outsourcing to developing countries at the expense of quality)

Nuclear Muffin said:
Hence why its disappointing. This article is not based on any fact but its not really suggesting anything really out there. It's a perfectly logical conclusion to make, even if its based on 100% opinion.
Perfectly logical is not how I would characterize what a lot of readers thought of the idea of completely rebranding a 3DS hardware revision, possibly getting rid of 3D, and adding a 2nd analog control.

Lance Bone Path said:
Perfectly logical is not how I would characterize what a lot of readers thought of the idea of completely rebranding a 3DS hardware revision, possibly getting rid of 3D, and adding a 2nd analog control.

No, the last 4 articles are complete insanity (and complete bollocks), I agree with you there. This one however is rooted in some logic at least (i.e, 3DS has done "badly", iOS is growing - therefore Iwata will get the sack as Nintendo are terrified of iOS), even though it's not rooted in fact.

I bet their last article is gonna be like:

"INSIDE SOURCE: NINTENDO TO ANNOUNCE 20 NEW GAMES IN DEVELOPMENT ALL YOUR DREAMS TO COME TRUE!"

Sennorin

Banned
Sammy Samusu said:
I'm here just imagining what 01Net is saving for the last article.

EDIT: Wait, this is the last one? :(

Don´t worry, I´m sure there´s more to look forward to.

Article #6: Nintendo sucks

"In our actual last article of this series, our inside source revealed another shocking fact. According to him/her, Nintendo sucks. You heard it here. And thus concludes our feature. Please spread the word."

Red UFO

I am speechless at this. Can't help but wonder if the website over estimated their credibility as a source after they were right about that one thing (what was that again?).

StevieP said:
Enh. Launch hardware tax. That's still better than, say, rings of death. And both are fixed for free.

But this wasn't even unseeable problem like heating issues. It was literally a flaw that undermined the feature it was named around and all they needed to do to prevent it was make certain parts in the plastic bigger/smaller or add more adding on the inside.

MisterHero

NSQuote said:
The President of Nintendo has been kidnapped by Yamanuchi.

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Iwata?
I'll rescue Iwata. From Yamauchi.

And we'll go have a burger.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

snesfreak

Banned
Sennorin said:
Don´t worry, I´m sure there´s more to look forward to.
Article #6: Nintendo sucks

"In our actual last article of this series, our inside source revealed another shocking fact. According to him/her, Nintendo sucks. You heard it here. And thus concludes our feature. Please spread the word."
Sounds like something a GAF member would write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom