• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

El Chavo Kart announced for PS3 and Xbox 360

Mr Jared

I'm in if Pepe is a vehicle:

VLWCsRm.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I think that nobody watched the show for the intriguing plots or anything, is just that the characters where so charming and the jokes between the typical ones so funny that you never minded that the plot was always the same

Also those specials episodes were really special, like one chavo was a ''ratero'' or when he and don ramon shared some food after kiko's birthday. You still watch them today and you feel good

I'm not gonna lie, I hadn't watched chavo IN YEARS since like everybody said, it got tiresome to watch the same thing over and over, but in the end, is a series that I could never hate and that I'm still amazed that I had watched so many times until feel burned out
Exacto.

Por cierto ahora que lo pienso... dudo que salga la Chilindrina creo que aun tienen problemas con los derechos de autor si mal no recuerdo.

There is one charming character named "La Chilindrina" but as far as I remember they have problems with her copyright.

HardRojo

Por cierto ahora que lo pienso... dudo que salga la Chilindrina creo que aun tienen problemas con los derechos de autor si mal no recuerdo.

There is one charming character named "La Chilindrina" but as far as I remember they have problems with her copyright.

Yeah, I think the issues between Maria Antonieta, Roberto Gomez and Quico (I always forget his name) haven't been sorted up yet, a shame because they're very old now, specially Roberto.

Dizzy-4U

Since we're on the subject, why did they remake some of the episodes? I'm not talking about similar plot, jokes, etc. but the same exact episode. I remember seeing the boxing one (which by the way, it's the best episode ever) twice with different camera angles, added lines, etc.

alterno69

Banned
Since we're on the subject, why did they remake some of the episodes? I'm not talking about similar plot, jokes, etc. but the same exact episode. I remember seeing the boxing one (which by the way, it's the best episode ever) twice with different camera angles, added lines, etc.
I'm guessing those were remakes years after the originals aired, keep in mind qhen must of us saw this show it was already reruns mostly, the newest episodes back when i was a kid were shit, like those with the Caquitos gang in the hotel, sooo bad.

When Quico and la Chilindrina lft the show it was over, everything after that was pure shit.

Back in 1985 Mexico had a terrible earthquake, Televisa (the company that produced the series) was devastated and many tv shows were lost (the biggest was a sitcom called "Señorita Cometa") I think that some Chavo episodes were lost and they just replaced them

Dizzy-4U

I
When Quico and la Chilindrina lft the show it was over, everything after that was pure shit.
Yeah, I agree 100%

Back in 1985 Mexico had a terrible earthquake, Televisa (the company that produced the series) was devastated and many tv shows were lost (the biggest one was a sitcom called "Señorita Cometa") I think that some Chavo episodes were lost and they just replaced them
Ah, forgot about the earthquake. It makes sense.

Step

Tenia que ser el Chavo del 8!!!

Am I the only one who liked the crazy couple the most? Their puns were so bad it was actually amazing.

A.Romero

I'm so glad that there is some development in Mexico.

I wish some day I get to see the release of a Witcher - like game during the Aztec times...

I will buy the game to support the studio.

jaz013

Banned
I'm so glad that there is some development in Mexico.

I wish some day I get to see the release of a Witcher - like game during the Aztec times...

I will buy the game to support the studio.

Sad part is, that may never happen from a Mexican developer. During some brainstorming sessions back when I worked at Kaxan (the developers of the first Chavo game), there was at least one proposal that was basically Guacamele, but less patronizing and more "Lucha Libre"-like. It was quickly dismissed as "too local"and even as "insulting".

RM8

The voice acting is hilarious.

"¡Híjole, ya estoy en la segunda!". I demand Mexican voice acting for Mario Kart 8.

Sad part is, that may never happen from a Mexican developer. During some brainstorming sessions back when I worked at Kaxan (the developers of the first Chavo game), there was at least one proposal that was basically Guacamele, but less patronizing and more "Lucha Libre"-like. It was quickly dismissed as "too local"and even as "insulting".

That mexican auto-esteem, we are pretty fucked by it. Then again, I didn't thought that Guacamelee was patronizing.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Ouch.

I loved El Chavo as a kid, but what the hell is this? Trying to cash in on the license with a game that has nothing to do with the show? Pass.

Anyway a couple of years ago Televisa and a mexican game company called Slang created a Wii game based on the series, basically the game was just a minigame collection .... but it was a sucess somehow.... so now they announced a Kart game for the PS3 and Xbox360, Feast you eyes, the only game were you can hit hens and donkeys on the road.

It truly looks that is a reeskined game. I will not surprised if it is and withouth some permision from the original developers.

mantidor

Anything derived from the animated show is awful, eww, pass.

I never thought El Chavo would work in a language other than Spanish.

p.s. El Chavo haters are probably muertos por dentro.

Portuguese is close enough, even with slang, while some stuff were lost in translation no doubt. I read the writing was adapted as much as possible.

But any other language? yeah, it just doesn't work, I have no doubt gringos are flabbergasted, all they can come up with to try to make some sense out of it is bumblebee man.

I bet it is bigger than in spanish language countries.

This tv show is airing for as long as I can remember.
I don't remember a week in my life where I could not find an hour in a day that you could not see this show.

I liked the show a lot, but because of that I simply can't stand anymore =P
Still love chapolin

Oh brazilians, you and your complex that everything in Brasil is the BIGGEST EVER in the world, it doesn't help that so many times it's true :p, but yeah El Chavo is huge in the spanish speaking countries of Latinamerica, easily on par or bigger than Brasil.

I can't stand El Chavo as an adult. Every episode featured violence on children, putting that under a good light…

I'm sorry guys, but I find it disgusting. It teaches children that being hit by adults as a form of punishment is OK, which isn't at all.

Portuguese is close enough, even with slang, while some stuff were lost in translation no doubt. I read the writing was adapted as much as possible.

But any other language? yeah, it just doesn't work, I have no doubt gringos are flabbergasted, all they can come up with to try to make some sense out of it is bumblebee man.

Arrested Development came close with the Micheal steals Gob's latin actress girlfriend.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
El chavo is one of the worst sitcoms to ever grace the earth, it is damn unfunny. However Im impressed of how big the legacy is.

I prefer El chapulin Colorado

Oh brazilians, you and your complex that everything in Brasil is the BIGGEST EVER in the world, it doesn't help that so many times it's true :p, but yeah El Chavo is huge in the spanish speaking countries of Latinamerica, easily on par or bigger than Brasil.

Dude, I've heard from brazilians that El Chavo is still big, no, it's still fucking huge over there.

Garraboa

El juego de Wii estaba mas o menos. (una disculpa, "horrible" si esta medio fuerte)

Dato curioso: el rigging (los esqueletos) de los personajes de ese juego fueron hechos en Argentina. Todo lo demás en México, según oí.

Con su compermiso... C:

..Sorry for all-spanish post. I'll stop now.

I'm holding out for a Rebelde idolmaster clone.

1362247230027.png

buy? who in latin america buys games?

I am often seen as a weird bug for spending my money on orignal games and books instead of pirating them :'(

Well, here in Mexico seems to be had grown the maket for retail realeses. I don;t doubt that used and piracy are still the big king, but is not as bad as it was some years ago

mantidor

Dude, I've heard from brazilians that El Chavo is still big, no, it's still fucking huge over there.

I live in Brasil, I should know.

I'm not saying is not big, it's huge, I'm saying it's just as big elsewhere in Latinamerica, can't speak for Mexico or central america, but Colombia, Peru, Ecuador? the original show still airs regularly, on the other hand the Chespirito show wasn't that popular with Brazilians, I can't remember if it was because it was never translated or because it just didn't catch on.

This is definitely the IP to get the whole continent, but I think only a brawler could work as mentioned some posts above, and it would be the tamest brawler ever hehe.

No me habia fijado en este post...

porque.jpg

buy? who in latin america buys games?

I am often seen as a weird bug for spending my money on orignal games and books instead of pirating them :'(
I have family in Monterrey and the gaming market has grown in the last years there, sure is not as big as the US but nice pre-order bonus and sales are attracting people. They even got me this

Top Bottom