• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2017 Playoffs |OT| WE DID IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are all the images in the OP jokes, but the Bucks get a highlight-reel dunk?

Or was there something else going on in that play that I'm not seeing?

Cause it's Giannis. You don't disrespect the future king of the league.

Also, he's basically the Bucks. He leads the team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. He's also top 20 of the league in all of them. Crazy shit.

cHaotix8

Van Gundy just said the playoffs are over. Warriors win barring injury. lol

Shit, pretty much. At this point I'm more interested in seeing who makes it out of the East. LeBron's gonna need to channel the spirit wave and tap into the fountain of youth to even stand a chance. They have their work cut out for them in the East this season.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Why did this get bumped?

Shouldn't the new playoff thread get a month on regular OT before it gets bumped to community?

Van Gundy just said the playoffs are over. Warriors win barring injury. lol

If I recall correctly, everyone on Earth said that last year too (with Steph coming back from injury) and we all know what happened there... Then again, Kevin Durant is slightly better than Harrison Barnes, so maybe they have a chance. Still gotta get past the Blazers in the first round though... that's a tough out.

Nah, Warriors are going to win it all this year, no question.

Shit, pretty much. At this point I'm more interested in seeing who makes it out of the East. LeBron's gonna need to channel the spirit wave and tap into the fountain of youth to even stand a chance. They have their work cut out for them in the East this season.
3/4 best teams in the league are all in the West. Not sure why you're trying to make the East seem like anything special. Raptors and Celtics are spearheaded by frontrunners in the playoffs, Wizards could make it real hard vs the Cavs though.

Ronin Ray

haha Cavs will make the finals it should be a cake walk. I feel like people say this every year in the East but it never happens

cHaotix8

3/4 best teams in the league are all in the West. Not sure why you're trying to make the East seem like anything special. Raptors and Celtics are spearheaded by frontrunners in the playoffs, Wizards could make it real hard vs the Cavs though.

The Warriors are head and shoulders above the competition in the West so it's expected that they'll make the Finals. In comparison, the Cavaliers have been looking vulnerable over the past few months. This will be the first time in a few years that other teams in the East have an actual shot at making the finals. We'll see if Bron and the rest can really turn on that playoff switch.

Fjordson

I wanna say the Dubs will easily waltz to to another ring, maybe even go fo fo fo.

But after last year's twist ending, I ain't saying shit other than : Go Dubs.

Cornbread78

Prediction time.

Cavs over Celtics in 4
Warriors over Spurs in 5

Warriors over Cavs in 4

All I want to see is the Warriors not winning it all. Or some nice upsets to teams that aren't the Celtics. But it's the NBA and major upsets are rare and I fully expect the Warriors to win it.

This is about right here, lol

Tom Penny

The Warriors are head and shoulders above the competition in the West so it's expected that they'll make the Finals. In comparison, the Cavaliers have been looking vulnerable over the past few months. This will be the first time in a few years that other teams in the East have an actual shot at making the finals. We'll see if Bron and the rest can really turn on that playoff switch.
Simple math tells me the Cavs have 3/4 of the best players in every single series in the East. You could argue derozan Lowry are slightly better than Love Kyrie and that's about it...

Servbot24

Banned
GSW def winning but def not in 4

Simple math tells me the Cavs have 3/4 of the best players in every single series in the East. You could argue derozan Lowry are slightly better than Love Kyrie and that's about it...
Plenty of people are better than Love

Tall4Life

Cavs might have great players but that doesn't mean much when the team continues to play not great together

They have a team of stars and yet we're all wondering if LeBron is going to save them, that should tell you something

Cornbread78

The finals were decided before the first game was played (love the NBA for this.... >: (...

Only Tor make a big push to change this fate with Tucker and Ibaka at the trading deadline and that still isnlt enough. GS is just miles ahead of everyone else in the league when they are playing with their full team, which leads me to my final point,

There were no major injuries to change this fate. Bumps along the road for sure, but nothing to change what is going to happen....

Jarate

Banned
In a perfect world the Celtics get swept in round 1, and trade away their first this year for Jahlil Okafor in response

Tom Penny

Plenty of people are better than Love
No there isn't . He would be a top 4 player in basically every single series in the East other than the Raptors. There only player id say for sure is better than Love as the second best player on a team is derozan.
LeBron auto is the best and second best players on teams better than Kyrie? Same thing..

Fjordson

e80ee35878537f2604b8d61061c77171.gif

Jarate

Banned
spCZ5PB.jpg

BTW this ,was my favorite shitpost in my OP. I now hope the Hawks lose miserably (which is actually somewhat likely) so I can shitpost it even more

Servbot24

Banned
No there isn't . He would be a top 4 player in basically every single series in the East other than the Raptors. There only player id say for sure is better than Love as the second best player on a team is derozan.
LeBron auto is the best and second best players on teams better than Kyrie? Same thing..
I like Beal over Love tbh

Fjordson

I'm not saying Lebron is going to lose because I don't want to jinx anything, but based on results this is his worst team since his early Cleveland days.

That's just on paper, though. We'll see if there really is a playoff switch.

I'm not saying Lebron is going to lose because I don't want to jinx anything, but based on results this is his worst team since his early Cleveland days.

That's just on paper, though. We'll see if there really is a playoff switch.
I wanna say the Dubs will easily waltz to to another ring, maybe even go fo fo fo.

But after last year's twist ending, I ain't saying shit other than : Go Dubs.
Im not saying the Cavs will win anything. But in many ways you have already jinxed yourself, just by having these bolded thoughts. You might have not said it, but you thought it. You fucked up! This is on you!

Live by the 3
Die by the 3
Look at Klay and Stephs game 7 numbers

That's why I wish they signed a legit big because it can easily happen again
But those open looks by Max Barnes really could have won them the title so I don't expect KD to get that shook
Or can he 🤔

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I hope this year if the Cavs and Raps play against each other BG won't suddenly hate me for a few days out of nowhere.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Warriors shoot 3s

Warriors blew a 3 game lead

Rooting for the warriors cause I want Steph and Klay to get their second ring

Servbot24

Banned
Warriors shoot 3s

Warriors blew a 3 game lead

Rooting for the warriors cause I want Steph and Klay to get their second ring

Of the realistic teams I'm rooting for GSW cuz I want to see Steph go nuts and redeem himself

Of the unrealistic teams, Pacers are my team but after that I'd like to see OKC go far and see Russ have a revenge tour

Rajon Rondo is going to win finals MVP.

The most Bulls path ever. They crush the Celtics, activating beast mode Butler, playoff Wade, and national TV Rondo. Whenever they are in danger of being eliminated, a key #TNTBulls game comes in to save them.

The next rounds, they face the Hawks, who are similar to the Bulls in beating good teams and losing to bad teams. This creates a distortion where no one is sure about what is supposed to happen, but Bulls in 7.

Then, on the other side of the bracket, Schrodinger's Lebron has been solved, and it turns out that the Cavs are actually shit. The Raptors show that they are legit contenders, beating them in the ECSF.

That leads to a Bulls - Raptors ECF. In utter terror, the Raptors rebrand to the Huskies for the entire series, but the Bulls counter back by making TNT air all their home games. The last game is a coin-flip. Bulls in 7.

Then, the Bulls get to the finals, and at this point I don't really know or care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom